Author Topic: Had a bad accident  (Read 49638 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: Had a bad accident
« Reply #150 on: August 29, 2016, 03:26:59 AM »
That's great news Forbes.
Thanks for keeping us updated.
Remember, the forum requires pix any time a member gets new "wheels", or it didn't happen! :-):-)
Have a good w/e.
Stig
Let me get some more practice uploading photos. So it won't take so long to show you my new "wheels".
One is an outing several weeks ago that I had mentioned. one is a picture of me on my first Sunday back in the pulpit.And the last is a picture of a recent outdoor church Saturday activity hosted by my church.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 03:38:50 AM by Forbes1964 »
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 29, 2016, 10:04:36 AM »
Good job with the pictures Forbes!
Thanks for sharing!
You have a good day. ....
Stig
Wow....just saw a Burgman 650 3-wheel go by....almost silently.
Some big bucks in that outfit!
Guy needs some hi vis gear though. Black scooter and gear and it is still dark out here.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 29, 2016, 12:50:53 PM »
Lookin' good, Forbes! Looks like your support group is with you 100%! Keep on keepin' on!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 29, 2016, 02:11:29 PM »
Lookin' good, Forbes! Looks like your support group is with you 100%! Keep on keepin' on!

Karl
Thanks. And I hope that you all realize that you are also a part of my support group as well.
2009 Xciting 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 29, 2016, 05:20:49 PM »
Thanks for the photos, Forbes. Glad to see that your out and about, getting back to living life!!! Congrats and I wish you continued success in your recovery.

-Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 29, 2016, 05:39:11 PM »
Good job with the pictures Forbes!
Thanks for sharing!
You have a good day. ....
Stig
Wow....just saw a Burgman 650 3-wheel go by....almost silently.
Some big bucks in that outfit!
Guy needs some hi vis gear though. Black scooter and gear and it is still dark out here.
Still not sure about riding again. But I kinda believe I will....eventually. If I can get my family to promise not to die with worry. Being the youngest of seven is a mixed blessing. The pecking order never changes. They used to stop me by brute force. Now it's by worrying by committee. 😂😂
2009 Xciting 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 29, 2016, 07:52:11 PM »
Good job on the pictures!  One day I will figure out how to do it! Maybe. Its always good to hear from you.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 30, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
Well, guys, I have some bad news. Driving my DT300, to work this morning.(5:30am) Stopped at a red light, and BAM!!! Got rear ended. Slide on right side, all the way through the intersection. Thank goodness there was no one coming fro the other direction. Banged up my shoulder and knee, but other wise, ok. The DT, on the other hand, Wasn't as fortunate. Windshield and mirror both broken. Right side of scoot has a bad case of road rash and dashboard is all cracked. I'm grateful that I wasn't seriously injured, but sick to my stomach, knowing that I'm probably done riding for this season. The guy who hit , didn't even ask if I was ok, as I was laying in the road and he was checking to see how bad the damage on his truck was. What is wrong with people today????

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 30, 2016, 03:55:13 PM »
Well, guys, I have some bad news. Driving my DT300, to work this morning.(5:30am) Stopped at a red light, and BAM!!! Got rear ended. Slide on right side, all the way through the intersection. Thank goodness there was no one coming fro the other direction. Banged up my shoulder and knee, but other wise, ok. The DT, on the other hand, Wasn't as fortunate. Windshield and mirror both broken. Right side of scoot has a bad case of road rash and dashboard is all cracked. I'm grateful that I wasn't seriously injured, but sick to my stomach, knowing that I'm probably done riding for this season. The guy who hit , didn't even ask if I was ok, as I was laying in the road and he was checking to see how bad the damage on his truck was. What is wrong with people today????

Thank God you're ok. It's so unfortunate that some people are so self centered as if the world exists just for them. It's as if it's your fault that you didn't stop them from hitting you. I was raised to be concerned about the other guy even if it was his fault. After all, people are what's most important. Hopefully the guy who hit you has insurance so you'll at least be financially made whole. I also pray that your injuries will heal quickly and completely. Too bad you don't live in Florida because even in north Florida, you can ride at least occasionally in the dead of winter. God bless you, and glad you're here to tell the story. Hopefully, the guy who hit you will get a clue as to what's important in life
2009 Xciting 250

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 30, 2016, 06:52:48 PM »
Pipster, glad to hear you’re okay. Sorry about your DT. Given how things played out that’s has to be the worst part. I agree with Forbes, I hope the guys has insurance, or was fined for causing the accident by the cops. When I was rear-ended a few years ago (nothing serious compared to yours) I had a surge of adrenaline a few hours later that gave me the shakes as my anger wore off and I began to realize how lucky I was, or more, what could have fully happened.

Don’t settle for nothing less than full repair to your DT, and any medical cost to yourself.

Forbes, great to see your pics. Keep us updated on the prosthetic. I still think you should do a book about your experience.

- Wolf

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 30, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »
Geez Pipster - glad you are not more seriously injured!
You were were stopped at a light and were hit from behind hard enough to be knocked through the intersection?
Do you have a top case - if not what kept your body from being up on his hood or into his wind screen?
Back injuries from the top case or his grill?
CVT & rear wheel caved in?
In any event...glad you're mostly OK...and that he has insurance.
We all know we don't have to make a mistake to get hurt on these things.
Darn.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 31, 2016, 09:06:14 AM »
Thanks Forbes and Wolf. After going to hospital and getting checked out ( just some contusions and scraps, nothing broken) I went and saw the DT, in the tow lot. Both rear shocks are bent, air box and cvt belt housing are now pushed forward and twisted.  Besides all the obvious damage that I had seen. I kept the DT, immaculate, even one of the cops commented on how nice it was. Didn't make me feel any better, though. Waiting on police report, hopefully by Friday. Already notified geico, but they said since I have a $500 deductible, I might want to wait and put it through the other guys insurance. Waiting and the unknown, is the worst part!!! As soon as I find out what's going to happen, I'll give an update. Thanks again, for your concern.

-Rich

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 31, 2016, 09:28:52 AM »
Stig, IDK. He must've tried to swerve at the last minute, because the initial impact was on the left, rear. It all happened so fast, didn't see it coming. He had been behind me for a few blocks and wasn't even driving that close to me ( I'm always checking my mirrors). That was the third traffic light we had. So he knew I was in front of him!! this where the DT came to rest. I had been on the other side of crosswalk, going south, stopped just short of cars going north

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 31, 2016, 10:07:37 AM »
That is truly one sad sight!
Glad you're pretty much OK.
Your description is amazing.
He was back there all that time....and still hit you!
Texting?
Someone might check his cell phone usage.
People are hard to figure.
Did he offer any statements afterwards?
Good luck.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 31, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
That is truly one sad sight!
Glad you're pretty much OK.
Your description is amazing.
He was back there all that time....and still hit you!
Texting?
Someone might check his cell phone usage.
People are hard to figure.
Did he offer any statements afterwards?
Good luck.
Stig

I think that in states where texting while driving or cell phone usage is prohibited, they should be allowed to check for cell phone activity. Not necessarily the content of the text, but the fact that they texted. Then that should be an additional citation.
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()