Author Topic: Had a bad accident  (Read 50150 times)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
Re: Had a bad accident
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2016, 11:25:19 AM »
Nothing new to report except for the fact that the home care nurse says that the wound is healing nicely. That's good news. Also, when it's not too hot, I'm using my Walker to walk outside for a change of scenery. Thanks for the continued well wishes and prayers.

Darryl
2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2016, 11:33:07 AM »
Keep goin'! Hray!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2016, 04:43:32 PM »
Attended church yesterday. First time since my accident. Prior to this, I'd never missed more than one Sunday. I'm on my way back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2016, 07:33:00 PM »
More good news. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2016, 08:18:42 PM »
Attended church yesterday. First time since my accident. Prior to this, I'd never missed more than one Sunday. I'm on my way back.

This is fantastic news. Forward progess all the way!

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2016, 09:43:22 PM »
That is great news Forbes! I am glad you are getting out there where you belong.  Did you fight the urge to preach?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2016, 11:45:48 PM »
dude way to go!! 😀

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 26, 2016, 02:29:33 AM »
That is great news Forbes! I am glad you are getting out there where you belong.  Did you fight the urge to preach?

Yes, I had to fight it hard. Lol. But I gave part of my testimony of God's protection. Couldn't tell it all in one day. Even though I didn't preach, just being in the number was priceless. By the way, the speaker was wonderful. One of the members gave me his exercise chair , so I could increase my upper body strength. His wife gave me a nice donation that I did not expect at all. And although the rest of the members aren't people of means, the LOVE they showed me was priceless. I couldn't buy that with money even if I was rich. Yes, we are a VERY small congregation. And most are poor or lower middle class. But the BEST things aren't material anyway. They are full of the love of God. That alone gave me just a little more strength.

2009 Xciting 250

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2016, 07:44:34 PM »
Forbes,
I've been following this thread for some time and find it hard to come up with words that convey your strength of character and determination. It struck me that someone was able to give such an account of your last few weeks but I guess that typing on those keys is a sort of therapy. So glad you are on the mend and seem to be as positive as you can. I'm not sure I would have the wearwithall to withstand the test you have with such grace. So glad you are making steps everyday towards a little more normalcy. Take care.
Wayne

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 30, 2016, 05:43:15 PM »
Forbes,
I've been following this thread for some time and find it hard to come up with words that convey your strength of character and determination. It struck me that someone was able to give such an account of your last few weeks but I guess that typing on those keys is a sort of therapy. So glad you are on the mend and seem to be as positive as you can. I'm not sure I would have the wearwithall to withstand the test you have with such grace. So glad you are making steps everyday towards a little more normalcy. Take care.
Thank you sir. If you had asked me even 1 minute prior to the accident if I would be able to deal with this as I have, I would have said "no way". But I'm finding that if life takes an unexpected and undesired twist, it will also give us the strength to deal with it if we are willing to tap into it. It's not easy. But it's possible.

Got my surgical staples removed Thursday. Will be given some sort of Shrinking device for two or three weeks. Then I'll finally be fitted with a prosthetic leg. I CAN HARDLY WAIT! Then I can begin my journey toward normalcy in earnest. Until then, I'll just be patient and continue to do my exercises to strengthen the rest of my body for the transition.

2009 Xciting 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 30, 2016, 08:03:54 PM »
Great report Forbes! I am sure having the staples out is a HUGE milestone in your recovery.  Be careful with that "shrinking device"  though. I saw what one of those could do on an episode of Star Trek.  ;D ;D  But seriously, its good to hear from you man. I am continuing to pray for ya.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 30, 2016, 09:14:49 PM »
Great news. I have a feeling the time will fly by, or will fill you with the motivation to exercise. Based on your updates I hope this means the worst is behind you the best is yet to come.

- Wolf

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 31, 2016, 03:46:48 AM »
Forbes, you are an inspiration. I really admire the courage you've shown through all of this. It would have been easy to have been bitter and angry at the world, but you didn't go that route. i applaud you sir. God bless.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 31, 2016, 07:22:41 AM »
I'm glad your improving Forbes, things are looking up for you compared to weeks ago. Your outlook seems to be more optimistic. That can help in your healing too. There's a thread on ADVrider site called faceplant. Some inspirational stories on there. Some worse, some not so much, some are no longer with us. You might want to give it a look, maybe it can help. I'll say a prayer for your recovery Sir, may God the Father bless you in all you do!

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2016, 10:50:07 PM »
Since today was a 5th Sunday, we didn't have Traditional church. But my sister in law suggested that we (my mother, a sister, my oldest brother and his wife, and my oldest nephew) meet at a local lake and have a short worship under the oak trees followed by a little ride in my mother's golf cart and a walk on the ramp on the lake. Yes it was HOT! But the outdoors was simply exhilarating.

2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()