Author Topic: Had a bad accident  (Read 49789 times)

pipster326

• View Profile
Re: Had a bad accident
« Reply #180 on: September 02, 2016, 07:34:28 PM »
Mr. Paul, any advice and or comments, are much appreciated. This is my first ( and hopefully last) 2 wheeled accident, so I have know idea what to expect. I don't even know where I would take it to get repaired.I just miss riding and probably won't ride for a while. With a car, you can always get a rental, with the scooter or even a motorcycle, you can't. That's what a lot of people, who don't ride, don't understand. Thanks for the advice

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: September 02, 2016, 11:59:57 PM »
Rich, I have been around a while and have had to deal with insurance issues. Fortunately not with my scooter. What you are looking for is to be made "whole" after all been concluded. That is the term and idea you should use in dealing with the insurance companies. Even though you were not at fault your insurance agent should give you guidance about how the process works. Even if your scooter is repaired back to the original condition, it now has less value than if it had never been crashed. The difference between your scooters value before the crash and the value after the crash is called "diminished value." The insurance company of the at-fault party should compensate you for this loss over and above the cost of repairs. They will most likely not volunteer this payment. You will have to advocate for it. Hope this helps and I am glad you were not seriously injured. I also understand what a bummer it is to be limited to just driving the cage. Keep your chin up!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: September 03, 2016, 12:15:43 AM »
Mr. Paul, thanks again. I will definitely try to get the most that I can from the guy's insurance. I'm going to screen shot your post, so I don't lose it [emoji51] I'll study it before the adjuster gets here. Seriously, I really appreciate all the words of encouragement from my Kymco forum pals. You guys are awesome!!!

Rich

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: September 06, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »
Going back to work today, first day back since I got rear-ended last week. I hate staying home, especially now that the DT, isn't drivable.The weather here was absolutely gorgeous, this past weekend and I was really bummed out, that I couldn't ride.Should also get the police report, so I can finally get the insurance "ball" rolling.

-Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: September 06, 2016, 12:51:24 PM »
Going back to work today, first day back since I got rear-ended last week. I hate staying home, especially now that the DT, isn't drivable.The weather here was absolutely gorgeous, this past weekend and I was really bummed out, that I couldn't ride.Should also get the police report, so I can finally get the insurance "ball" rolling.

-Rich

That's great. I hope you can be made whole soon and possibly ride before the weather changes.
The power's been out at my mother's since late Thursday night due to the hurricane. But my sister's power came on Friday night , so we've been here with her since Saturday night. The streets are clear. And the weather was simply gorgeous yesterday.

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: September 06, 2016, 12:59:23 PM »
Well, another delay in getting my new leg. I was supposed to go today to try the newly remade check socket. But the aftermath of the hurricane threw the schedule off. The Tallahassee Orthopedic Clinic was closed on Thursday and Friday because of the hurricane and yesterday because of the holiday . My prosthetist says they're open today, but he has to catch up and get reorganized. So he'll call me as soon as that happens. I totally understand, but am chopping at the bit nonetheless. More patience is in order.

2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: September 06, 2016, 01:11:30 PM »
I was able to sit down and grill some chicken , ribs, and burgers yesterday.
 The alternator died on my Town Car as my sister was driving us home from church. Thankfully we made it home before the battery completely died.
Then my mother's grand Marquis started misfiring on the way home from a family friend/fellow minister's 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Again we made it home safely.
So my FIRST auto repair since my accident was on my OWN and my Mother's vehicles. Thankfully the alternator on my car and the #4 ignition coil on her car are very accessible. It's much harder to do on one leg but by learning against the car , it's very doable. I'm thankful that I didn't have to bother my brother or pay someone. And I STILL HAVE THE TOUCH! [emoji3]

2009 Xciting 250

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: September 06, 2016, 03:23:45 PM »
Forbes, sorry to hear about the power outage and car troubles. There has to be a picture of you in the dictionary for the word Patience!!! You are truly inspiring, no BS. I always look for your posts, they always seem to put everything in perspective. Hope all is well..

-Rich

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: September 06, 2016, 04:04:37 PM »
Forbes,
How do you spell your middle name ??
Is it Job?
Is there an E on the end....?
Stig
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 04:06:28 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: September 06, 2016, 06:53:16 PM »
Actually, I kinda enjoyed installing the alternator and coil. It made me feel good to fix something again.  I just didn't enjoy paying 140.00 for my alternator (their lowest price but lifetime warranty unit), and 48.00 for my mother's ignition coil. Lol
2009 Xciting 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 07, 2016, 10:39:49 AM »
Good on you Mr. Forbes.
Me...as a former public employee...I sit down and have a coffee after successfully re-stringing the weedeater.
Stig

I'm joking........
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 10:44:44 AM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #191 on: September 07, 2016, 01:33:19 PM »
Good on you Mr. Forbes.
Me...as a former public employee...I sit down and have a coffee after successfully re-stringing the weedeater.
Stig

I'm joking........
😂😂😂😂
2009 Xciting 250

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: September 07, 2016, 07:04:45 PM »
Actually, I kinda enjoyed installing the alternator and coil. It made me feel good to fix something again.  I just didn't enjoy paying 140.00 for my alternator (their lowest price but lifetime warranty unit), and 48.00 for my mother's ignition coil. Lol

Get back some of the money you paid out by having your mom carry the tranny up to the attic. Just kidding! That's what my dad would say to my mom whenever he fixed her car. lol

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 07, 2016, 07:08:18 PM »
Get back some of the money you paid out by having your mom carry the tranny up to the attic. Just kidding! That's what my dad would say to my mom whenever he fixed her car. lol
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think I've increased her utility bill by more than 48.00 . I had to lower her thermostat to 75. I couldn't sleep with it set at 80 where she normally keeps it. Lol

2009 Xciting 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 07, 2016, 07:11:47 PM »
Ah, Forbes, what those ortho guys won't do to get a day off, eh? You gonna be hard to keep up with, what with you fixin' stuff whilst standing on one leg! Like Public Works Stig, you makin' the rest of us look bad!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()