Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143564 times)

kneeslider

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #210 on: August 18, 2015, 01:15:06 AM »
My Goldfren S33 (HH rated) front brake pads arrives yesterday and I installed them when I got home.
The front pads for the DT200 uses the Goldfren model code 022. As long as it's 022, it'll fit the scooter.

During the install I noticed you do not need to remove the caliper, you just need to:

1) screw out the pad locator pin, then pull it out and clean it
2) The pads will fall out, if not give the sliding caliper a shake to push in the pistons
3) test fit the pads to make sure they fit properly. Pushing the sliding caliper in towards the disc will help push the pistons further back into the caliper
4) fit in the new pads so the end sit in the notch for of the pad retainer, align the pads so the locator pin can slide back in
5) screw back in the locator pin. Use some locktite

Done.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 18, 2015, 02:34:34 AM »

going to the dealer for my oil filters and my speedometer does not work,  when I got home took speed sensor cable off and found the plug wires were broken off flush at the plug,  going to go to electronic store to see if they have a replacement plug, or cut off both ends and use any plug that will fit, the plug is part of the wireing harness,.  and that cost $ 213.00  US. + end up costing me $ 300.00   canadian.   
  installed my LED headlites, this afternoon  does it make a big difference with the nite riding,. I can see !!!  thank you don from Scotland,.  for the inspiration,. still have to take it out in the country for the big test,. 

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 19, 2015, 08:26:58 PM »

went for a ride last nite and the lights where perfect,  about 200 % better ,.   the speedometer wires I took a wire from the car headlights ,. that  I installed HID lites on and wired it to the speedometer cable and the wiring harness,.   it works !!!????  happy days are here again,.

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 20, 2015, 03:00:57 AM »
Installed pics.

The new pads can be seen peeking out.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 20, 2015, 03:01:34 AM »
From the other side.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 24, 2015, 03:30:52 AM »

I installed turn signal lights on the mirror side of the turn signals, so I can see them flashing, they are stick on LED.s I wonder how long they will last, before they fall off???

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 24, 2015, 03:37:41 AM »
  went for a little ride yesterday, just past 40,000 miles on  the speedometer,   

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 24, 2015, 08:53:20 PM »
Congrats! That's nearly twice around the Earth.

-Wolf

Tachikoma

• View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 28, 2015, 04:26:21 PM »
Fixed the hanging off right side seat lock 'snappy closey' spring, looks like it was put in with a heavy hand etc.
Been around the DT with the spanners and wrenches having screws and bolts/nuts out and oil/greasing 'em for future easy undoing etc, particularly the front brake pad retaining pin, was nice to see some mechanic had already been in there with a dash of copper grease.
Had a good blow around on the frame with the GT 85 spray, (smells nicer than WD40) while I had the tub out also disconnected the silly light too while I was at it, might replace it with a switched decent bright red something wired up onto the actual seat base to shine down into the tub etc.

Have also had handlebar plastics off and loosened the fork bolts to tweek the slightly wonky bars, is a bit hit n miss got em nearer to straight but will need an other go I think.
ap50, cb100n, rd200, z250, z305, z400, xj750, xj900, gt550, zx600r, xj900, gt750, ntv600, f650cs, Downtown. what's next?

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 06, 2015, 02:05:30 AM »
Did engine oil and transmission oil change , also changed air and oil filter . Checked the variator rollers and belt , which are still in perfect condition , and ready to go another 5000 km . ;D

mnpugdog

• View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 06, 2015, 06:56:11 PM »
  I installed turn signal lights on the mirror side of the turn signals, so I can see them flashing, they are stick on LED.s I wonder how long they will last, before they fall off???

I did that shortly after I got the DT in 2012 and they are still sticking just fine and going strong. Just wish I would have gotten a little different shade of yellow.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #221 on: September 08, 2015, 03:01:25 AM »
My wife and I went on a 2 hour ride yesterday -- wasn't suppose to be that long, but getting lost is part of the fun. Today did a T-CLOCs inspection. Hit a pretty hard pothole - or something, on the way back yesterday, enough to hurt my wife's back, but nor seriously.

Anyway, found a nail in my back tire. Pressure was only down about 10 pounds. Did a full cleaning of the bike, windshield, dash, lights and topcase. Filled her up with gas and put more air in the back tire. May not get to taking her to the dealership until Friday, but will be keeping on eye on the tire and pressure.

Hope it's not enough to merit a new tire. Bike's barely two months old. Makes me wonder if to was the pothole, or something else. In getting lost I turned around in a gravel parking lot and wondered if it could have happened there.

Also, for the past month the town were I live resurfaced the street in front of my house and added new curbs. My wife, and avid gardener, found the soil they used to fill in the hell strips -- the space between the sidewalk and road, with crappy dirt filled with rocks, lead, and other crap. Our car also has a nail in it, something we spotted a week ago. I suspect my DT got it from there too.

Glad I do T-CLOCs, but hope it's not a major repair.

-Wolf

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: September 08, 2015, 01:14:26 PM »

I would check the hell strip for nails with a bar magnet,  after a roof job I passed a bar magnet twice, and picked up nail s twice , and still find the odd nail ,.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #223 on: September 08, 2015, 11:53:38 PM »
Thanks de dee. Good advice.  May need an industrial size one.

- Wolf

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 10, 2015, 12:07:02 AM »

most repair shops  will not repair tires on a scooter or bike, insurance woes, they say, but they are easy to do at home with a $10 .00 kit with plugs, as long as the nail is in the treads, any thing in the side walls do not ride ,.I repaired one with 200 miles on it and ended up with 10,000 mile on it with a plug

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()