Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 148205 times)

PapaSoldTheHarley

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #225 on: September 10, 2015, 12:24:10 AM »
I knew of a couple of guys (motorcycle riders) that used the plug kits without ever having a problem after that... but it is a personal call I would not be happy riding around with a tire with a plug in it (but that is just me).
Maybe your shop will fix it right (from the inside) for a reasonable dollar?

Tachikoma

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 12, 2015, 03:59:27 PM »
Well, today i have mostly been diggin about under the tub again, I've put in an LED tail/brake light
and put this on

I'd had this on my BMW f650cs, veery handy when on camping trips, 12 volts straight into the tent etc, its not fused, I rely on fusing at the using end where it's easier to get at the fuse ;D
the Connector is for model cars/aeroplanes etc is good for 15+ (RMS) amps so has a wide range of possibilities for things to hang on it, I've had a 12v impact hammer through it when it was on the 650cs 8) the film cannister is going to go as i'd put it on to protect the socket from road crapage when it was on the 650, no need when its new home is inside the tub, i'll make a blank off from another male half I have spare.

Alan
ap50, cb100n, rd200, z250, z305, z400, xj750, xj900, gt550, zx600r, xj900, gt750, ntv600, f650cs, Downtown. what's next?

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 12, 2015, 05:35:09 PM »
The nail is definitely in the treads and not the sidewalls. I'll be taking it to the dealership where I brought my DT. They had fixed my older scooter last year when it had a flat, so I don't see any major problems. I'm heading off to Canada this week (sans scooter)' so any repairs will have to wait until I get back. The tire pressures only been down about 10 pounds after riding this week. Just filled it back to it's proper pressure level.

-Wolf

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 23, 2015, 06:59:44 PM »

I removed the cigarette lighter from the glove box,  and installed a duel plug USB, 1 amp and a 2 amp plug,  USB plugs take less room in that little glove box,.  yesterday I took a little ride ended up with 154 miles on the odometer, just enjoying!!!

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 24, 2015, 05:54:30 PM »
2 K mile mark.

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 24, 2015, 08:18:37 PM »
hello guys, its been a while ;D

done this a few days ago after being inspired by this!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gel-Pad-for-Motorcycle-Seat-for-Kymco-Downtown-300-i-Motorbike-/391216688485?hash=item5b1654ed65

so I decided to have a go myself.
got 2 gel bicycle from one of our local discount stores, £3.99!!

and proceeded as per pictures.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://s46.photobucket.com/user/donjack1964/embed/slideshow/gel seat insert"></iframe>

let me know if you want a more detailed account and i'll see what I can do  ;D

there is a little lump at my left butt cheek that I will have to rectify, but over all, its a good job. I will have to go on a long ride for a proper bum test!!
i'll let you know how it goes.

I hope the link to photobucket works!!
Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 26, 2015, 07:26:58 AM »
I have my new Metzeler Feel Free tires... Yummmi...
What a difference...

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 29, 2015, 09:08:19 PM »
played with the variator,   and cleaned the DNA air filter now I am waiting for it to dry up. so I can put the oil on it. , it will take a while as it is raining,

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 02, 2015, 08:04:35 PM »
got tired of waiting for the rain to go away, so I took the seat apart, got the rebond foam cut to shape,   now I am shaping it to fit the plastic shell that is the top of box,  looks like I will have to get new vynal cover , the back rest is not in the right place, I moved it back 5 inches ,  cut out the dome so it is flat, 
going to the garage to take some pictures, wish I knew how to send then in.  Im still in the stone age,.

sklnzl

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2015, 04:36:03 PM »
Waiting for those pictures  ::)

Tachikoma

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 04, 2015, 06:54:07 PM »
Me again  :)

Well sorry to say I've been getting a little bit tee'd off with the DT, IT'S SO LOUD TO RIDE, I CAN HARDLY HEAR ANYTHING OVER THE BARMY LOUD WINDNOISE FROM THE POINTLESSLY TOO HIGH SCREEN. Sorry about the shouting it's the noise ya see. I had to take the screen off until I had a chance to do this to it.

Now that's gawn tis positively quiet again,  I'm not kidding the wind turbulence from the flip up top of screen was blasting the noise directly at my visor making it rattle and bang really loud, I wear swimming ear plugs routinely on the bike and it was unpleasant with them in! last week I did a 50 mile highway run to see my Dad and show him the new wheels. blimey coming back I had to go the slow way cause of the banging row.

So no more 8) now.   I've cut off approx 3 inches (75-80mm) in an arc, lovely now, wind noise is much smoother rushing noise without the banging from the turbulence, I was intending to have a bit more off but feeling around with a bare hand in front off my face/shoulders the wind stream now is hitting me on the jacket collar, which will do for the present I think cant say as the drop in hight has made any difference to the wind pressure on my chest at speed. ;) and cant put it back can I.

If your wondering how the smooth curve was developed and cut?  simples, take the bottom bolt that holds the screen out replace it with one long enough to tie some string around. tie a loop at the end where you want to make an arc, ball point pen in loop and voila perfect arc.

I cut the screen with a Dremel tool with one of those little circular saws mounted running at the slowest speed that didnt catch and try to kick out of the cut, take it slooow you want to cut rather than melt, I left a bit in the middle and at each end to stabilise the pieces while cutting the majority of the cut, once through carefully cut each end free (dont let saw kick it might crack plastic:-[ ) then the bit  left in middle being very careful once again. clean up with a flapwheel for time being to remove the sharp edges. When you are happy with how much you have removed (you cant put it back ;) ) finally finish up by hand with a bit of flat wood with some emery paper glued on to sand along the edge to smooth away the saw marks. As you can see from the pic I've yet to finish the edge on mine. Last thing, use masking tape to prevent scratches from sliding the Dremel about on the screen and when your flapwheeling/sanding .

« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 07:00:16 PM by Tachikoma »
ap50, cb100n, rd200, z250, z305, z400, xj750, xj900, gt550, zx600r, xj900, gt750, ntv600, f650cs, Downtown. what's next?

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 08, 2015, 08:33:47 PM »
New DT300 owner. Does anyone know if I put bulbs in the "dummy" sockets above the headlights, will they work as the turn signals?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 09, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »

I have parts from a GT. 300,.  movable plate and a drive ramp with 15 gram wt. checking the gas milage  did 153 miles so far today, will try to finish the tank tomorrow,. all at 50 to 60 MPH. 

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 15, 2015, 08:35:46 PM »
Just installed a new Givi windshield. It's about 7" taller than the stock shield, you can really tell a difference. Even blocks the wind from your hands

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

de dee

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?dummy lights
« Reply #239 on: November 15, 2015, 10:11:01 PM »

my dummy lights are hooked up with the running lights , I installed led lights and hooked the wires to the running light wires,  less trouble than hooking to the turn signal wires,.  the wires are taped to the other wires and not connected to wires , not live ,.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()