Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143439 times)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2014, 03:14:41 AM »
I keep my ex's heads on pikes in front of the house. It keeps everyone quiet.

The neighbors call me sir.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2014, 03:57:17 AM »
Sir Zombie or Sir Vlad ?

I keep my ex's heads on pikes in front of the house. It keeps everyone quiet.

The neighbors call me sir.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2014, 04:22:51 AM »
I think they think Sir is the last name. It's always Hi sir. How are you today sir? Good to see ya sir...

Women on the other hand just don't seem to get it. They think the heads are fake. LOL

Sorry for jacking your thread guys... You all saw, I tried not to.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2014, 07:21:10 AM »
You always keep thing interesting and amusing, Zombie!! ;D

Love the fact that you can help educate us , as well !!! :o
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 02:18:05 AM »
 ;)  ;D ;D ;D

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2014, 08:14:42 PM »
Few days ago: Rear brake pads (EBC)
Today: Change Spark plug (CR8EIX)

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2014, 01:43:48 AM »
Few days ago: Rear brake pads (EBC)
Today: Change Spark plug (CR8EIX)

What does the CR8 plug do vs the OE CR7?
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2014, 01:46:34 AM »
Changed me engine oil. oil filter and gear oil with full syn 50weight oil and full syn gear oil at 4488kms since the previous fluid change.

Scooter runs smoother with less vibration, so I think i will be reducing my fluid service intervals to 3500kms. 

Manuf recommendation at 5000kms is crazy, esp if you ride in stop-start traffic and using mineral or semi-syn oil.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2014, 03:41:06 AM »

What does the CR8 plug do vs the OE CR7?

The CR7 is a hotter plug. That means it can burn off a richer mixture. There is a formula  = the best ratio of fuel/air, and I believe it is 14:1 (air/fuel).
Sometimes it is necessary to use a different heat range plug ie: winter/summer/worn rings/tight rings ect.

I have found using top quality oils (2t/4t) you can use a colder plug (BR9HSA) which is not sold in the USA. This plug burns cooler in the cylinder, and is considered as NOT acceptable in US vehicles but maintaining a 14:1 ratio, AND using top oils it actually will burn cooler, extend cylinder life, and meet emission standards in any state in the US.

The reason most people use a hotter plug is due to worn rings, and excessive oil in the combustion chamber. The #8 plug will foul under these conditions.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2014, 03:42:03 AM »
Changed me engine oil. oil filter and gear oil with full syn 50weight oil and full syn gear oil at 4488kms since the previous fluid change.

Scooter runs smoother with less vibration, so I think i will be reducing my fluid service intervals to 3500kms. 

Manuf recommendation at 5000kms is crazy, esp if you ride in stop-start traffic and using mineral or semi-syn oil.

100% agreed.

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2014, 04:48:54 AM »
Sad how cheap manufacturing and low tolerances affect the intervals.

The most hi tech scooter around is the Honda PCX and that shares the same oil for both the engine and transmission. That alone reduced the hassle for gear oil.

I rode one for a week and it's really smooth, it picks up speed without you feeling it, twist and you notice the speedometer swing up but you do not feel the vibration nor the strain from the little 150cc.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Adept

• Empaticus Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2014, 06:20:59 PM »
The CR7 is a hotter plug. That means it can burn off a richer mixture. There is a formula  = the best ratio of fuel/air, and I believe it is 14:1 (air/fuel).
Sometimes it is necessary to use a different heat range plug ie: winter/summer/worn rings/tight rings ect.

I have found using top quality oils (2t/4t) you can use a colder plug (BR9HSA) which is not sold in the USA. This plug burns cooler in the cylinder, and is considered as NOT acceptable in US vehicles but maintaining a 14:1 ratio, AND using top oils it actually will burn cooler, extend cylinder life, and meet emission standards in any state in the US.

The reason most people use a hotter plug is due to worn rings, and excessive oil in the combustion chamber. The #8 plug will foul under these conditions.

As I understand you, the CR7 is better than CR8? Funny, but now my engine smooth as never was... I like it...

I have a barely used (200km)14gr Dr Pulley rollers to SELL!! Send a PM if you interested in...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 11:27:26 PM »
Nobody said that plug is"better". The condition of the engine, and the carb adjustments determine which heat range will work best.
If your engine is worn or the carb adjustments/jetting are off the #7 will work better. If the engine is in top condition, and the carb is set up correctly the number 9 will work better.

It is subjective. Put a few miles on that #7 plug then pull it out, and post up a Pict. of the inside of the insulator. That will determine what is best from there.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 11:34:26 PM »
I put a cover and a battery tender on it closed to garage door. See her again in 6 to 8 weeks.
Until then its "small wheels" at the jersey shore.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2014, 11:45:18 PM »
Hmmmmm. Jersey eh?

Home of wife beater t's, gold chains, and Baseball caps at the dinner table. Call us when you need to come home. One of us will meet you at the border.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()