Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143346 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2014, 02:57:59 PM »
Replaced the ( useless ) .08 A fuse (to power outlet in glove box ) with 3A fuse,from Radio Shack (short canister type) in order to run GPS,etc. without blowing fuse.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 06:34:47 AM »
changed plug for cr7eix.
Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

An Orange Crush

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 10:44:34 AM »
I put approx. 4 ounces of Marvel Oil in the gas tank.
2011 DT300i
2009 SYM HD200 (sold)
2009 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i
A couple really nice shiny helmets

"I`m a man, but I can change. If I have to.
.....I guess....."

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 04:42:55 PM »
K 100 in tank on fillup .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 08:42:31 PM »
  I installed the rear tire  a new pilot power pure, second one, brought it to the dealer to install the tire on rim, and they were closed , so went home and did it myself,, car tires are a lot easyer to change,. I checked for balance and it was OK. I reved it up to 6000 rpm. and it was smooth on the center stand,  thank you zombie for the idea the rim is balanced the firist tire ,it does not need to be balanced again,while it was apart I changed the rear brake pads,.  now I have to change the front pads,
  got to inspect all systems on the scoot., taking a little trip to Manchester new hampshire again, I take the scooter and the ladys go in the car, shopping till they drop,. tax free state,. leaving on the 18 th.     july,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
  got some rain this after noon , so I checked the front brake pads, looked OK.  cleaned the slider pins and cleaned the steel slides and lubed them, now i am ready for the trip to new hampshire, 

kfc.android

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2014, 03:05:52 PM »
  got some rain this after noon , so I checked the front brake pads, looked OK.  cleaned the slider pins and cleaned the steel slides and lubed them, now i am ready for the trip to new hampshire,

ride safe and enjoy your trip, de dee!
I replaced the brake light bulb with advanced LED light bulb, consumes only 7.5w and provides slightly better same brightness and view angle compare to the stock bulb, very happy with the bulb, but need some time to tell how long it will last.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2014, 03:28:54 PM »
I put approx. 4 ounces of Marvel Oil in the gas tank.

You shouldn't use that stuff. It will burn leaving nothing but Carbon behind.
The only time you should use it is when you are smoging an engine for long term storage. It is used to coat the cylinders/rings to prevent rust when the engine is being laid up indefinitely.

The best product to use for fuel system maint. is Sea Foam. It dissolves organics allowing them to pass thru the system as well as clear some carbon behind the cylinder rings.

Be safe Mr. Dee Dee. We need you here.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 03:30:27 PM by zombie »
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2014, 08:45:36 AM »
Had to change the 12V outlet fuse, was blown since I bought the bike. Pretty stupid one has to take off the whole front mask of the bike to reach to it. So in order to save myself another unnecessary labour, I added a through hole fuse holder that I can reach through the left side pocket if the fuse gets blown again. I had to drill the plastic to mount the new fuse holder, and dispose of the original in-line fuse holder. But the end result is very nice and practical. I installed a 1A fuse as a beginning which seems sufficient for my phone.
I also got a 1m long flat micro USB cable and I can now power my phone (use it as a GPS) with the lid closed. The flat cable can come out at the bottom of the pocket on the right side of the hinge with almost no pressure on neither the cable nor the lid.

EDIT: Added some photos:

« Last Edit: July 13, 2014, 12:05:28 PM by nushipwright »
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

donjack

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2014, 03:56:42 PM »
nice job nushipwright.

just ordered 14gr Dr Pulleys. from here,    http://www.exportstrength.com/    free worldwide delivery AND at very reasonable price!!

Don.

Why Ride 1 Mile When 10 Will Do!!

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2014, 07:26:35 PM »
where did you place the fuse on your scoot, I placed mine about 1 " from the plug in, a dash mount fuse,it sticks out 3/4 "  so it is not in the way,.that is so I can change the fuse for what ever I want to plug in,.

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2014, 03:53:20 AM »
   rained all after noon, so I removed the wind shield , and removed all the bug splat, then polished it  I will re place it after I recut the bolt threads , I crossed threaded it last time it was installed,. naturaly its the only die I havent got,

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2014, 03:55:40 AM »
Naturally.
 I keep buying the same sizes over, and over. Somewhere around one of my shops is a treasure trove of tools, and parts. I just can't find it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

nushipwright

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2014, 11:32:14 AM »
where did you place the fuse on your scoot, I placed mine about 1 " from the plug in, a dash mount fuse,it sticks out 3/4 "  so it is not in the way,.that is so I can change the fuse for what ever I want to plug in,.

It is easier to take a photo then to try explaining where I've placed mine. :) I'll take a photo and upload it here later today so you can see.
EDIT: I forgot to take a photo, but I realised one of the previous ones partly shows where the fuse holder is.
Here's a "close up" version of that photo. I circled the cap of the fuse holder...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:48:26 PM by nushipwright »
“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”  - Mark Twain
. mostly 2up city

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2014, 10:26:21 PM »
Naturally.
 I keep buying the same sizes over, and over. Somewhere around one of my shops is a treasure trove of tools, and parts. I just can't find it.

It's with your missing baggie    ;) ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()