Author Topic: Kymco Like 70 2T Malossi  (Read 21041 times)

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Like 70 2T Malossi
« Reply #75 on: August 12, 2014, 06:46:15 AM »
Problem solved. My plug junked out on me. I'm not sure what happened, but it was dead. No spark at all. Checked it on another scooter even. I thought for sure that it had to be the coil, wire, boot, or some other part of the ignition system. Put in a new plug, and it fired right up. The plug that died was almost brand new. Maybe had 100 miles on it.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Polini torque spring: Blue
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Sport Torque Driver
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Stage 6 +15% Primary Gear Kit
Malossi Belt
Pre-mix Fuel  45:1

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »
Weiiiirddd. Great simple fix though!!!
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2014, 03:18:42 PM »
What plug were you running? Also how black was it, maybe your running too rich.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »
Actually, the plug looked like it had 100 miles on it. Nice golden color as expected. It just died.

BR8HS
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2014, 08:59:17 PM »
Also I'd like to point out that it didn't act fouled. When it shut down it was while accelerating. It just went off like a switch. In fact, my first thought was that I hit the kill switch on accident.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

herrspoot

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2014, 04:36:46 PM »
"Added a windshield. It doesn't seem to affect the top speed at all. I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but on low beam at night the glare from the headlamp was terrible. With this, it has completely eliminated the glare. I got caught in a brief shower on my way home the night that I got it on. I stayed nearly completely dry. I think I'm going to like this. "

Love the windshield, where'd you find it? I've been looking for that one stateside and can't find anybody that carries it.
2012 Like 50 2t
  Derestricted bushing
  Derestricted stock exhaust
  Derestricted stock airbox
  100 MJ
  Biondi windshield (with custom mounts)

"The pen is mightier than the sword, and is considerably easier to write with." Marty Feldman

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2014, 12:21:35 AM »
http://www.accessoryinternational.com/product/givi-442a-screen-blade-for-like-50-125-200i.html

Here is one similar to it. I've had a lot of questions about it. I can't find any more like I got. I think I got lucky before they sold out. With the one above, it requires ordering the hardware kit too. $150 +shipping for the whole deal. If I remember right, I paid about $180.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2015, 03:25:04 PM »
I figured I'd post an update for 2015. New stuff in sig, and a slightly new look for the Kymco.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2015, 03:26:10 PM »
Still have a nice max speed as well.
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2015, 04:12:43 PM »
Your possibly the fastest like 50 on here haha love it. Have your GPS what the needle pegged is? Well above 50?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ParaIndiana

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
Just realized the speedometer pic is an older one I've already posted

Top speed is still the same though.

Gps has me average around 62-65 mph.

Edit:Add

Although running at 50mph is where it feels best at. 60+ is just a max speed.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 11:33:02 PM by ParaIndiana »
2011 Kymco Like 50 2t
Malossi 70 BBK
Malossi 19MM Carb
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Pod air filter
Malossi CF Reeds
Naraku Sport Variator
Naraku Half Pulley
5.5G Dr. Pully Sliders
Malossi Belt

jabl7425

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 14, 2015, 02:04:08 AM »
Nope, no change to the intake or reeds yet. I still use the stock air box as well with no modifications to it. The Athena BBK that I have coming has carbon fiber reeds included, so those will be added. I really have no work space. Just a small shed with just enough room to park it in along with the kids bicycles. I had plenty of room to do work on the motor assembly once it was removed from the rest of the scoot.
On to stock vs now.
Before the rebuild, I had nearly 2000 (almost) trouble free miles on it. I had some issues with the rear brake cable within the first few hundred miles. Replaced it and problem solved. Top speed on stock was 33-35mph(GPS) average. I was never really impressed with the stock take off from stop. It was very doggy and acceleration bogged at about 20mph and would pick back up again at about 25mph. This issue would come back to haunt me. I didn't feel safe on it in traffic because of it performance. After a near rear-ending (one of several) I decided it was time to do something. I poured over every bit of information throughout the winter before I placed my first order. My first set of goodies was the BBK, ZX-R pipe, and carb. The pipe and BBK were on back order from overseas, so it took about a month to get my parts. In this time I began the tear down and checked the specs of the parts that I planned on keeping. Everything looked great aside from a few loose bolts here and there and some road grime. I'll skip all the details of installing all the parts as it was very straight forward and I had no problems from start to finish. It started very first try, and after minor tuning of the carb, I was ready to begin breaking it in. I knew I needed to replace the transmission parts, but funding was tight, so it had to wait. My plan was to keep the stock vario, but even with the new parts I still had a lot of lag between 20-30mph. I had a set of new rollers laying around. Putting those in had no effect on the lag. I took the vario off and made a clay mold of the inside of the vario to better see it. It appeared to have a flat spot on all the roller guides. I had found my lag problem.

Skip ahead a bit more. Parts ordered. Transmission rebuilt. I used a Prima tuning weight set (3g-14g) to dial in just the right weight. Ordered Stage 6 weight that matched my choice.
Post rebuild performance is like night and day compared to stock. No wheelies, but the front end does get really loose on a WOT takeoff. It's a lot a fun to jump out ahead of someone at a green light. Nobody in my town has even thought of tuning their scoots. Lots of $500 Chinese junk scoots around. It will easily hit 55mph(GPS) and I feel it has more in it. I am still nervous to run it really hard. It only has a couple of hundred miles on it since the rebuild.

I know I have left a lot out, and I am fighting off a serious case of the flu right now. I can thank the kids for that. They always bring home some form of the plague when they start school.
 I'll be happy to answer any questions. I don't know much, but I can share what is working for me.

Hey ParaIndiana, you seem very very knowledgeable, can you tell me if this is mainly what I need to up the speed on my 2012 Kymco Luke 50cc 2t?and can you suggest anything else, maybe an exhaust or Kevlar belt, it's all stock and want to go from 25mph top speed to 40-45 top speed, thanks in advance man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2015, 03:43:27 PM »
Para

Nice ride dude! I have a similar setup but looks like your max speed is killing mine. Looks like ive underestimated the pod filter and clutch.

Im curious what is your Idle jet and Main Jet size. Do you mind posting a photo of your filter setup?

Thanks Alex
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)