Author Topic: Kymco 50cc 2T question...  (Read 2218 times)

jabl7425

• View Profile
Kymco 50cc 2T question...
« on: July 02, 2015, 04:53:15 PM »
Hi guys, new to this forum and also new to Kymco Like 50cc 2 stroke. So many posts,  just wanted to know what is needed to make my scooter go faster but without modding 10 different things. Just basic stuff to make scooter go a little faster. It's a 2012, with 500 miles on it. My top speed as of now is 25mph. Everything is stock as of now.  Also from Queens,  NY., if anyone knows a dealer around the area that might be able to mod moped,  not to mechanically inclined., but with suggestions from forum want to go in with a little knowledge. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Kymco 50cc 2T question...
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 08:50:48 PM »
First is a variator/drive boss, 7gram rollers, and a control spring in the rear. around 135.00 bucks all in.

Jasil(top racing), Malossi or Polini for the variator. Malossi or Polini for the rollers, and Malossi RED for the control spring.
This should get you 40mph at least
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

jabl7425

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 01:20:41 AM »
First is a variator/drive boss, 7gram rollers, and a control spring in the rear. around 135.00 bucks all in.

Jasil(top racing), Malossi or Polini for the variator. Malossi or Polini for the rollers, and Malossi RED for the control spring.
This should get you 40mph at least
Thnx Zombie, can I get that off Internet and bring to a local shop or go directly to shop? Is there some kind of YouTube tutorial to put all that stuff in? Last question:what reliable website would I get those from?

jabl7425

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 01:28:50 AM »
Thnx Zombie, can I get that off Internet and bring to a local shop or go directly to shop? Is there some kind of YouTube tutorial to put all that stuff in? Last question:what reliable website would I get those from?

Also what about a CDI unit I read people writing about? .Btw great forum!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 03:44:10 PM »
Racing planet is the place I would get the parts.

Go to Youtube and search scooter variator, clutch, cpring, control spring, 50cc scooter... There are hundreds of vids.

Most guys end up buying a Harbor freight 1/2" electric impact driver to do the work. It really makes the job of removing the clutch, and variator easy.

With NO Bullsh**... I know of three shops in the entire US that can do what you need correctly. One is The Scooter Garage in North Carolina, another is B&L's shop in Portland, and the last one is me.

Not saying that others can't but I don't know of any. If a mechanic has not been working on scooters specifically, and modifying them with scooter performance scooter parts... it's hit or miss if they even have a clue.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

245luigi

• Baltimore, MD, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
I'd like to second Zombies statement regarding the Harbor freight impact wrench. Absolutely worth getting one if your gonna be doing CVT mods.

I dont miss the days before I had it...
Currently:
2012 Kymco Like70
72cc Malossi BBK
Dell'Orto PHBG 19 AS Carb
52 Pilot Jet
92 Main Jet
W7 Needle, 40 Slide
2T atomizer + bushing
Tecnigas NextR Exhaust
TinyTach in Headset
2011 Kymco Like50 (stolen -> recovered)
PM's OK!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2015, 03:00:19 AM »
Me either.

It took around 2-3 years for me to cave in, and buy one but now I pity the fool that touches my impact!

« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 03:03:24 AM by zombie »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()