Author Topic: I need help with my vitality 50 2t  (Read 21823 times)

godfella691981

• View Profile
I need help with my vitality 50 2t
« on: July 23, 2010, 06:17:13 AM »
I recently bought a Kymco Vitality 2 stroke 50cc scooter, I dont know a lot about the kymco brand. I am looking to mod it to get a little more speed out of it, right now everything is stock. I dont know if the CDI or variator has been de-restricted either and I dont know how to tell if it has, if someone could give me some info on how to de-restrict this scoot I would appreciate it.  This bike will go about 30-35 on a flat surface, it suffers greatly on take off and up hills (it feels like I'm riding a yamaha razz or honda elite).

Also I have done google searches and cant seem to find any websites to get parts specifically for the Vitality 2t, all the ones I get are for parts for the 4 stroke model, does anyone have any links to help me out?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 06:19:50 AM by godfella691981 »

art

• View Profile
Re: I need help with my vitality 50 2t
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »
Hello God Welcome to the forum Ha! I think the vitality has alot in common with the people motor wize,but not sure if the same.There all kinda similar,what year is it,the older model cdi have a green wire at the bottem just unplug and done if newer must replace.The veriater boss if restricted should be replaced.The 30 to 35 is a sign you need some derestricting unless it's not running well.Should be able to add another 10 mph easy.After that airbox and pipe for the 50+ range takes a bit more tuning for this level.might have to go talk to your local dealer for derestricted parts they usually carry them.Here's a sight i like but little hard to nav.but has some of the best deals. http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/main/base/Results.aspx?d=(sco,ape,lam,old,px,sma,max,atv,mot)&s=b61998e3c9484103a434dcc2a1bec5b6&a=1&sort=0&oc=646694d5bf884654af694cb63b46d8f6 . check it out.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 06:21:35 PM »
Mine is a 2002, I dont know when the cutoff year is to be able to de-restrict the CDI but I will look anyways today when I go out to see if there is a gree wire on it.
Also, I have put well over 300 miles on this in the past two days, so I dont think the lack of speed is related to how the engine is running.
Could it be possible that the muffler is plugged up? I know when I ride it about 20 miles I can stop for a break and I could seriously fry an egg on the tip of the muffler were the tailpipe comes out.

As for my dealer, well they couldnt tell me what size roller weights this thing has in it, so I think I will stay away from them. They are the only kymco dealer within 100 miles of my location.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 01:04:31 AM »
Great  the dealers are usually the best place for the drive boss. They do run a bit hot but as for the age may need to look at that pipe could use a good cleaning. That old a bike should be an easy one to derestrict(the cdi) don't know your model well enouph to give you deffinet answers. Take a look at the cdi. Some one should be able to  help.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 01:06:16 AM »
...god...welcome to th' forum!!

;D

..can you post a pic of your cdi??
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 01:23:16 AM »
All I know about the CDI is there is a green wire and if you cut it the bike wont run, the CDI has 5 wires on it.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 01:27:59 AM »
..alright then, what are the colors of the wires?

..on each connector?
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 03:00:21 AM »
The color of the wires are

Black/Yellow
Black/Red
Blue/Yellow
Green
Black/White

There is only ONE connector.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:31:38 AM by godfella691981 »

art

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 05:48:02 AM »
I,m not familiur with that color scheme,but instead of cutting you can unplug the wires from the connector with a small screwdriver or ice pick. From the bottem you will see an opening to one side or the other insert tool and pull and wiggle they should pop out. With a little trial and error should be able to figure it out. You will be able to reinsert them without any damage(If they came out that way :D)   My guess the black and white. Good luck

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 05:55:21 AM »
How can I clean out the muffler?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 06:23:09 AM »
The best thing to do is remove it. Inspect if balls of carbin are falling out It will need some more attention. If it weighs unusually heavy you have another problem(wet fuel and oil in the pipe)  I try to shake,tap with a rubber mallet and blow compressed air through it. If you have access to a parts tanc you can soak it.Won't remove carbin,but everything else.If you have a drill and some braided cable you can fish it through and give it a few turns. For the realy backed up pipe heat is your only option (torches) heat evenly from one end to the other(red hot) Have heard of othere tossing into a bon fire and dig out the next day. If you have welding skills you can cut open and clean,weld back together. There is also the new pipe option  ;D Just make sure air is moving freely from point a to point b. and all should be fine  ;)

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 03:51:20 PM »
The other night I hit it a couple times with a rubber mallet while holding the throttle wide open and yes, a few small bits of carbon shot out the back. I think the best thing I could do is try putting it in a fire, I have no access to torches or welding equipment, not to mention even cutting tools to get the muffler apart. I am eventually gonna replace it with a performance exhaust.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 03:57:53 PM »
Take it off and check it out.  If going to replace  just clean it the  best you can. Sometimes a couple beatings is enouph.   :D

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 04:05:54 PM »
yea as soon as I get some extra time, I am going to take the variator off and inspect the rollers and belt. Thats when I might take off the muffler and clean out the exhaust port on the engine too.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 04:30:03 PM »
That should help ya out allot, i was going to suggest those things also,sound like you got a handle on it now.  Post your results positive or negitive. Good luck

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()