Author Topic: I need help with my vitality 50 2t  (Read 21818 times)

art

• View Profile
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

godfella691981

• View Profile
Re: I need help with my vitality 50 2t
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2010, 02:10:44 AM »
now once I upgrade the exhaust will I need to get a bigger jet for the carb or will it run better with the new exhaust alone?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2010, 02:28:04 AM »
You will need to upjet. I don't have your model i don't know whats recomended. If doing the airbox also a #95 main is a common start on most 50cc 2t's

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2010, 03:52:30 AM »
ok I will keep that in mind. Now if I dont change the jet will it still run good with the new exhaust? or will it run bad?  What I am asking I guess is, will the performance stay the same as far as speed and power goes untill I upjet?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2010, 04:25:26 PM »
   With these small motors changing one thing affects another. You have to do plug chops after each part is changed to see how your motor is performing. You run the risk of running too lean and that can damage your motor. 

To answer your question It is hard to tell. If doing the pipe you should do the open air and upjet for best performance + plug reading. After that usually the roller weights to ballance things out.  Of corse at this point you will probably even Want more!!!  ;D

It seems that others who have tried just the pipe have had problems getting things just right.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2010, 03:47:32 AM »
...what is it with that...

..you just gotta increase air intake, and fuel delivered, to be able to benefit from a "pipe"....

..HELLO??

???
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

art

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2010, 04:34:16 AM »
  Ha! Some of us are just GEEDY, wanting top performance and stuff.   ;D  :D  ;)

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 12:55:53 AM »
I was wondering can someone tell me the size of my belt, I have a 2004 Kymco Vitality 2 stroke, my local "dealer" knows less about my scooter than I do apparantly. They cant look it up by the make and model because they still use catalogs to order parts from....And also is there a performance belt available ??

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 01:01:05 AM »
..there a cpl of belt sizes that will "work"..

..i believe the oem is a Bando, 23100-KEB7-9000...

..most of the 50 cc kymcos use the same length belt...

..i've found that a 729-17.7-30 belt is about 1/8" longer, and will allow for a faster top speed, but may also require some cvt tuning for optimum performance..

peace

art

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 01:13:25 AM »
 I would go with the gates 729  The molassi  http://www.sip-scootershop.com/EN/Products/M6111153/Belt+MALOSSI+Kevlar.aspx  . claims to be 738 9 18 28 But is in fact shorter than the stock bando.

godfella691981

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2010, 01:33:10 AM »
if I used the longer belt will I have to use heavier weights in the variator? it comes stock with 8.5 gram. Also, I clicked on that link and I have been to that site before and its not in english but either way I can look up the belt size and get it elsewere

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2010, 01:41:15 AM »
..most likely lighter weights (which you would like even with a oem belt)

art

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2010, 01:41:45 AM »
Ya no one else had it in stock,and not at that price.  Sad but true most the best prices and parts are in europe if you spend enouph time on there site it's worth it!!!  Check this out for malossi belt sizes. http://malossi.com/Archivio_Files%5CMONTAGGIO%5CDIM%20CINGHIE_001.pdf

Marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 06, 2010, 10:14:18 AM »
Hi guys,

i just bought a Kymco Vitality 50 2T, 2008 model. It runs fine, but is restricted to 45km/h. I have read the posts on this board (btw, thanks alot for all your time and effort, it really helps a noob like me:) and I understand that there are two mods i can do; replace the vatiator "boss" (which looks easy enough) and de-restrict the CDI. Since i am not trying to maximize the performance of my scooter, i only want it to follow traffic at about 55-60km/h, i figure i'll try to de-restrict the CDI before i go about ordering parts. I have seen lots of pictures and youtube video of the procedure for other models, but none spesifically for the Vitality 2T. Before i go about cutting anything, i'd like to know if it is the same procedure as shown on the scootertherapy site :

http://www.scootertherapy.com/cdiboxcutpage.html

If not, where can i find the correct way to do it? Also, someone mentioned that it might be just pulling out a wire from the CDI connector? I figure if it was that easy there wouldn't be a guide for cutting into the CDI, but again, there might be a difference between models.

Looking forward to an answer:)

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2010, 11:32:00 AM »
G'day marauder, welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place for info on kymco scooters. I am not familiar with the vitality, but I am sure someone will see you right. With the cdi derestrictions, they vary from model to model. My ZX50, I had to bridge two wires to short the rev limiter, I think the agility needs a cut through the cdi itself, (to cut a wire inside) and I think the people have a wire that needs to be unplugged. So there are different situations for different models. Start a new thread and if you can post a pic of your cdi and/or list the wire colours so that people wil be best able to help you. Derestricting your variator is a good first step, it basically gives your scoot another gear, read same revs-more speed. To improve pickup you can try playing with the variator roller weights, lighter weights will enable you to take off quicker.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()