Author Topic: I need help with my vitality 50 2t  (Read 21820 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: I need help with my vitality 50 2t
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2010, 03:18:33 AM »
..yeah, welcome to th' forum! marauder!!

..these scoots were designed to run without restrictions..

..you can open your scoot up to where it runs it's best, then regulate your speed with your wrist...

..it's sometimes very nice to have that extra bit of "oomph" when you need it...

;D

peace
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2010, 08:36:22 PM »
Thanks for the warm welcome guys:)

I've been looking for a drive boss replacement, and i've found this :

http://gy6-performance.fr/drive-boss-face-spacer-gy6-p-605.html?osCsid=6cfe4dc1cd6bdd0dfbc7d787111e9f4f

Can anyone tell me if that is the right size for my Vitality? It says it fits the Agility model.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »
  Here's another give them a call to confirm.  http://scootertherapy.mybigcommerce.com/products/Kymco-Boss-Drive-Face-%28Clutch-Boss%29.html    1-608-255-1520     
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 09:39:43 PM by art »
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2010, 10:23:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me if that is the right size for my Vitality? It says it fits the Agility model.

..yeah, they're the same...

Marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2010, 11:08:54 AM »
Thanks again:)

Since i live in Norway, i will order the part from France. I will have to think about it though, as the p&p is 20Euro (the part
is only 10Euro). There are also some special VAT and customs rules in Norway (they're crazy protectionist). With VAT and
the handling charge through customs here it will probably end up costing me around 60 Euro's for that one part.
That's pretty steep for what is essentially a piece of steel pipe:)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2010, 01:08:50 AM »
..you can have the step machined off your oem...and i believe the length shortens a bitas well..

..i have those specs here somewhere........

8)

Marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
Hi guys,

just a little update from me. I ordered the part and got it on saturday (it cost me 30Euros, they were nice enough to mark the cost low on the package so it got through customs). I followed the guide, and here are my observations :

- You definetely need an impact wrench. I tried it first without, and it's just not possible. With an impact wrench it took 2 seconds. What i did is
rent a garage with tools from a school nearby. I know there are other places where you can rent garagespace by the hour. Anyway, 1 hour should
be enough, i used about 45 minutes total.
- The guide is spot on, just follow the instructions and you can't go wrong. On the Vitality you need to remove or partly remove some
of the plastic trimming to do it, but its just a couple of screws.
- The only problem i had was getting the belt back on ("slip it back on" as the guide says). Well, it took me 10-15 mins but i finally got it on.
So be prepared to use a little time, and don't give up. A tip is to put a screwdriver into the little hole in the bolt the impact screw fits on to.
Then use the screwdriver as a lever and work the belt on. It worked for me eventually.
- I wasn't able to test the top speed today. it's raining and it's pitch dark. I live in a city full of potholes and tram tracks. The road is also full of
slippery leaves, so i didn't want to push my luck. However, i got it up to 60km/h easily. Before i could get maybe 55 downhill. So i expect it got me
around 8-10 km/h extra. But, the best part was the engine revs. It's a totally different experience. Before i felt like i was killing the scooter when
i bottomed it out, now it's running much much slower and quieter. It's obvious the engine has loads more to give, and that the scooter is restricted
elsewhere. I think the CDI isn't restricted, but im not 100% sure. I'm pretty sure the exhaust is a big bottleneck though. It must do wonders for the
fuel consumption too, i expect to use around 30% less now.

Anyway, thanks for the help, it gave me the confidence to do it myself. Hopefully my success will inspire someone else to try it:)

Now...where can i get a new exhaust...hmmm...

:)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »
i got it up to 60km/h easily

..that's awesome!!!

;D

..however, it wasn't too long ago that i got my butt kicked by a vitality 2t...

..and my a50 4t was running 80kmh then...

..might wanna investigate that cdi a bit...

peace

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2010, 11:07:13 PM »
Congrats, good to hear another winner.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()