Author Topic: 2011 Kymco RS50 Agility - BumbleBee  (Read 6918 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: 2011 Kymco RS50 Agility - BumbleBee
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2016, 01:23:20 PM »
Good to hear you sorted out that problem.  Don't forget to put up a couple of photos once your new gps mount is sorted.

Paul

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2016, 06:47:08 PM »
Update on the GPS front.. Recieved the mount and waterproof case, I was going to cut the plastics on the bars to mount it to the actual bars but decided not to. Wedged in a few rubber pieces (I know you cant really see it) into the mount and fitted it to the right hand mirror. Its nice and solid doesnt move. The case itself goes on nicely but feels a little cheap, For peace of mind ive drilled it in the back and will cable tie the case to the mount just in case i hit a big bump and it dislodges itself.

Where its mounted, It doesnt stop me from using any of the switches, Doesnt obscure the mirrors and is still in a reasonable line of sight. For now, the 12v socket is loose under the seat and I just run the charger from under the seat straight to the bars, What I will do is take plastics etc off and route the GPS charger through the panels and up through the handlebar covers to the case, so itll look nice and tidy :) Apologies for the poor quality pics, Im using a basic phone right now.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2016, 10:12:47 PM »
Thanks for that.

Paul

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
Looks good! Now Ive got to get me one!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2016, 02:17:39 PM »
Here is the one I bought on ebay, similar to yours but has a shade hood which works well but does look a bit bulkier.  The mount attaches under the mirror mount and is able to be twisted into the position you want.  Does get a bit shaky over the bumps but does work good enough.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2016, 02:35:07 PM »
I was going to go for a mount similar to that however because I own a few bikes and switch between them all the time, I wanted a mount that I could just hook on the bars and go. I dont want to have to unscrew mirrors all the time, It gets a pain in the butt sometimes.

Im now retiring BumbleBee as my "workhorse" she has been replaced by a brand new TGB125. Im keeping her and will still be doing the 12v install  etc just won't be riding her as much as I used to. The decision to do this had to be made, at 19,800KM shes showing her age and is becoming a little unreliable. The TGB was at a good price by the dealer, I got trade price on it and they have a good reputation within the courier industry over here.

Ive fitted the old grab rail back on, have a footboard and belly panel on order. Ive got LED strips waiting to be fitted as a bit of a "something to do when bored" project.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2016, 07:58:54 PM »
Ive been having a little play today. The GPS mount snapped in the tumble I had, Being a cheapskate and wanting to experiment a little, I tried to fix it by plastic welding it. Its fairly strong and I cant see it breaking through normal vibration etc. The other side looks ALOT neater, I just didn't take a pic because I had left my Soldering iron to rest on a plastic trash can  :o :-[ I plan on attempting to repair the current foot board and belly panel using the same method, If I am successful I will return the new ones and save myself some ££

« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 08:03:04 PM by imaginetheory »

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2016, 11:25:21 PM »
Interesting.  Going to get a better mirror mount for mine.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2016, 02:00:07 PM »
Not a whole lot to update on.
Havent been riding it, Just starting it up occasionally. I plan to get it started up tomorrow, do another oil change and start using it to visit the GF on. It needs a new battery and I need to get around to putting a proper connector onto the wiring to the starter motor, but it works fine the way it is right now so I havent bothered. New bulbs are coming from China  ::) Should be here around the 20th and I have a few plans for small and cheap mods to make it look a little better.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2016, 06:19:46 PM »
Wheels are currently off so I can take them to have new tyres fitted on Tuesday, New exhaust has arrived and will be fitted when wheels go back on. Waiting on a pack of electrical connectors to come so I can fix the starter motor wiring and Im about to do both engine and gearbox oil changes so its ready for winter  :)

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 08:42:58 PM »
Been having issues with drivers pulling out on me when it starts to get a tad dark... Not anymore  ;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()