Author Topic: 2011 Kymco RS50 Agility - BumbleBee  (Read 6915 times)

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: 2011 Kymco RS50 Agility - BumbleBee
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2016, 10:09:26 AM »
Good pics, thanks for sharing.  Coming to the end of winter here in Australia so I will be riding in some warmer weather soon.  :)

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 10:22:32 AM »
Picked up another donor agility today. Its a 2007 125, the frame has to be destroyed but I can take whatever parts I need from it, Spending the day stripping it down so I can drop the frame off to the police by the end of the week. Im having the engine, wiring loom, brakes, forks, handlebars, wheels, engine mount and Im going to cut the rear shock mount off the frame too.

The plan is to do ALOT of measurements, to see if the engine swap would be possible. Then Im going to rebuild/refurb the engine, brakes, forks and modify the wiring loom to take the standard lights on my scoot. Once all that is done (I estimate Ill have it done beginning of December) Ill strip BumbleBee down to the frame, have it blasted and powdercoated and start fitting all of the 125 parts.. Im HOPING it turns out to be a nice little sleeper that I can use every day for work... Ive already been asked why dont I just buy a legal 125cc and ride that around... wheres the fun in that?

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 01:58:05 PM »
Top box fitted. Before I went to a custoemrs here where I was fixing a Hardley Ableson  ;)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:55:38 PM by imaginetheory »

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 02:12:23 PM »
With some top boxes on scooters they just don't suit.   I think that was another reason I really like the Kymco LIKE as the top box really looks good.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
Its not a case of looks for me unfortunately, Its a must have.  :(

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2016, 02:07:24 PM »
Just a quick update -
Unfortunately I wont be able to put the 125cc engine into this frame as I had planned to. My insurance company have said that they wouldn't cover me and ringing around a few others, they wouldn't either. Which is fair enough. So Ive got all those bits, I think Ill just buy a 125cc frame to build up over winter.. Still need to do something with BumbleBee though. It desperately needs the valve clearances adjusting so Im going to do a full on service. New fuel and air filter, New oil, New plug and cap, New transmission oil, Possibly redo all of the fuel lines, carb clean.

Going to spend some time looking into performance mods too, I could really do with a little more acceleration out of her upto 30mph as its starting to get a little dangerous with it refusing to go over 25mph at times..

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2016, 07:31:17 PM »
Some good news!

The driver of the car who rear ended me was today arrested and charged with causing life changing injuries through careless driving, Operating a handheld device whilst driving a motor vehicle and Breach of the peace (just for shouting at me), She will be going to court soon  :)

Shouting at you???? She should have been shouting APOLOGIES for being so careless and causing you injury!! Geez !!!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2016, 09:41:33 PM »
Shouting at you???? She should have been shouting APOLOGIES for being so careless and causing you injury!! Geez !!!

Yep, I know. Unfortunately a lot of drivers here have the messed up mentality of the might is right. TBH it was a good job that the police officers and passers by were holding me down stopping me from moving.. If they weren't, Injury or not, Id of gotten up and made her feel like she had 12 rounds with Mike Tyson. Im also not aloud to attend the court hearing for HER protection. Speaking to my lawyer who will be attending to read my statements and present all the medical evidence etc etc he says she will likely recieve a short sentence, a lengthy driving ban and should be ordered to take an extended/advanced driving test once her ban is over. Hopefully it goes as well as my lawyer thinks it will and she learns a lesson.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2016, 10:55:36 PM »
Really hope she does learn a lesson.  Sad to say but the attitude of some drivers are scary.  Even when they are in the wrong they fully believe they were right in their actions.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2016, 05:03:18 PM »
Really hope she does learn a lesson.  Sad to say but the attitude of some drivers are scary.  Even when they are in the wrong they fully believe they were right in their actions.
I see it all the time. Today for example, A local government employee decided that she was going to TRY to force me to move over in MY lane because I was turning right at an intersection and she wanted to go straight. "hahaha look at you on your chicken chaser" she was a government employee. Not anymore.

Another one was "white van man" who was less than 3ft from the rear of my scooter while I was doing 35mph in a 30mph area... Tried to overtake me, I stopped him from doing so as it would have been dangerous for both of us.. He got out of his vehicle at the next intersection to try and fight with me because he had "the might is right" mentality. He is now being charged with dangerous driving and endangering a vulnerable road user. Police officer who happens to be a biker said I was 100% right doing what I did.

Anyway, Im currently playing with my new GPS. I say new, Ive had it for quite some time, Just never thought to use it on the scooter. This method of mounting is temporary, Got some supplies coming this week to mount and power it properly.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2016, 11:47:51 PM »
Put that gps on a tether just in case.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2016, 03:50:04 PM »
Put that gps on a tether just in case.
Nowhere to do that on this one. The mount is S-T-R-O-N-G, I can put it on the window of the house and hang a toddler from it  ::) 8)
Im waiting for a new mount to come this week, Installing it and hardwiring it into the scooter. Also putting in a hidden killswitch and some LED recovery strobe lights on a 2nd battery (yes, I seriously need them). Lots of pics to follow etc etc.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2016, 05:37:43 PM »

Had a top end rattle to investigate. Adjusted valves, changed oil and cleaned the spark plug. All is well again.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2016, 11:33:37 AM »
Ive got an issue that is driving me nuts and for some reason I cant figure it out.
Scooter is now riding slower than it used to, It just doesn't rev as high and it wont go faster than 25mph unless its down a steep hill.
Ive checked the rollers and belt and they are fine. Its got fresh 10w40 semi synth oil. The valve clearances have just been set to 0.04 on both intake and exhaust. The spark plug was cleaned on last service.

Need to get this figured out and sorted quickly as Im currently using my brothers scooter for work.

imaginetheory

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2016, 11:50:47 AM »
Problem now sorted.

Rollers were WAY too heavy. The pack said 7g but when I weighed one it weighed 13g  >:(

5.5g rollers fitted and shes nippy how I like her again  :D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()