Author Topic: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??  (Read 12112 times)

Super8504T

• View Profile
Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??
« on: May 24, 2010, 06:49:17 AM »
Hello all, I am new here, but have had my Super 8 50 4 Stroke for about 4 weeks now and I love it, it's so economical and easy to ride.

I just have a problem though. When the scooter is on the main stand, the engine starts and turns over very slowly and doesnt turn the back wheel and it jut keeps the scooter ticking over smoothly, slowly and quietly. However when I leave the engine running and push the scooter forward and put it off the main stand, when any weight is put on the back wheel, the engine revs go quite high and the clutch kicks in and tries to move the scooter forward, causing me to keep the back brake pressed while stationary. This happens whether the engine is hot or cold, it doesnt matter. I suspect it may be the Automatic Choke, but I dont really know what it is?

Can any of you help with this problem?

Many thanks,

Steve.

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 06:56:51 AM »
First off, welcome!
Have you checked to make sure there are no lines or wires being pinched when you take it off the stand?  That is a somewhat odd problem!  I would start by just visually checking over the fuel and vacuum lines as well as any wires.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what would cause your problem.  You can try pulling off the cvt cover to check that everything is working properly as well.  Make sure the clutch is spinning smoothly.  Otherwise, a call to your dealer may be in order.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 07:21:00 AM »
Thank you!

By lines and wires, which ones do you mean? Where do I look? The problem happens when any weight is put on the back wheel and so the clutch engages trying to pull the scooter forward. Not too sure where the vaccum system or fuel line is?  ???

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 07:29:29 AM »
I'm not super familiar with your model, but just check everything visually around the the rear of the bike.  Look for any wires or hoses that may be getting pinched when the rear swing-arm moves.  Check the fuel line and vacuum line running between the carb and gas tank.  The auto choke wires will also run from the carb towards the front of the bike.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »
G'day, welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of help here, if you don't mind a bit of fun aswell. With regards to your problem I would start by checking that the throttle cable is free and not getting pulled by anything when the weight is put on the rear suspension.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 09:09:50 PM »
Hmm. I've had a look at all the wires and tubes that are at the rear of the bike but I cant see any problems there, everthing including the throttle cable seems to be all free. It seems to be that whenever the bike stand has a release of pressure, that the engine rev's go quite high and the scooter moves forward slightly so you have to keep the rear brake pressed. There's nothing underneath the stand or anything that the arm could catch on, theres no wires near it. I seem to have no solution! Can any of you recommend any other things?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
..Welcome to th' Forum Super8!1..

...dude, something must be pulling on the throttle cable...

..take the seat and "Met In" box off, and put it on and off the center stand...(not running)

...watch the cable that's attached to your carb...see if it actuates the throttle mechanism there...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 09:22:27 PM »
Thanks!

I havent taken out the seat but I can see from underneath the throttle cable which seems to be free when on/off stand. I just dont kno what could be causing it? I'm stuck now  ???

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2010, 09:24:05 PM »
...can you see the throttle mechanism in the side of your carb?

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2010, 09:26:09 PM »
Yes I can see it when I undo the "Carb maint" lid from in the seat and from underneath the side of the bke as well. It seems to be free when i turn the throttle it seems to be ok :-\

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2010, 09:28:12 PM »
...so, the steel cable, and the throttle mechanism on the carb, do not move as you go on and off the stand??

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
No, not from what I can see. I cant see anything that is moving the throttle cable  ???

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2010, 09:32:56 PM »
...wow..........................................................

...is your scoot new?

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2010, 09:35:35 PM »
1 year old. January 2009??

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2010, 09:42:05 PM »
...well, the good thing is, that it's still under warranty....

..the bad thing is, that I suspect you might have a clutch / gearbox problem...

..i'm saying this assuming that you have thoroughly inspected any and every cable, especially the throttle cable, vacuum hose, wire, etc...that might be affected by a bit of weight shift.....

...this is perplexing to me....
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 10:16:03 PM by wordslinger »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()