Author Topic: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??  (Read 12115 times)

jbcinzio

• I was the second gunman on the grassy knoll....
    • View Profile
Re: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??
« Reply #45 on: June 19, 2010, 02:36:43 PM »
Guys, I have an idea....

The Carb has a float to actuate the "Needle & Seat" yeah?

As the rear tire hits the ground, the angle or the whole rear "cradle" (engine, swing-arm, wheel etc) tilts like a pendulum. As pressure is put on the rear tire, this will force the engine down, and as the carb is near the front of the engine, this will be subjected to the most movement or change in angle.

As the carb changes angle, would the movement in the float affect the fuel distribution, and maybe create a surge of available fuel to the engine ???

Food for thought......

Josh
This message was posted using 100% recycled electrons.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2010, 02:42:25 PM »
Well I've just put my new clutch on and its made no difference.. cant tune the carb what so ever it does what it wants to. I think it maybe a vaccum leak as mentioned.. I'll try to look around in it for a leak in the boot and things....

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2010, 04:48:14 PM »
Well this is really puzzling now.. looked at every single vaccum wire fuel wire and all other wires to the rear that could be being pulled and nothing is... there is more vibration when it is on the ground... it wants to cut-out when its cold so you have to keep twitchng the throttle from time to time to keep it a float.. and when its warm it wants to high idle all the time  ???

Is it not a gearbox problem or something else on the clutch because I have only replaced the clutch shoe.  ???

art

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »
The high idle at running temp is classic air leak,what does your spark plug look like?
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2010, 09:06:57 PM »
I've not looked at the spark plug.. havent got the tool the take it off.. I wont mess with it I'll just wait for its service middle of next week and thy shoul find the leak... when the engine is on and you listen near the suspension area at the back you can just hear a faint hissing noise.. nothng drastic.. maybe this is the cause... but the carb boot from the airbox to the carb seems to be in good condition and some of the other wires and lines seem good so which line/wire could it be?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2010, 10:33:45 PM »
should be a spark plug wrench under the seat.The plug color will tell if your running lean(air leak)

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2010, 10:47:23 PM »
So this is why my exhaust is backfireing then?? Because I'm running lean because of the air leak..
should be a spark plug wrench under the seat
I dont have a spark plug wrench.. cant I use something else?

art

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2010, 10:55:48 PM »
I don't have that model but you can usually come up with something

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2010, 10:56:58 PM »
...a deep-well socket and ratchet is what i use...believe itsa 5/8"...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 20, 2010, 08:32:22 PM »
Well guys after 53 posts and some very puzzled people  ::) Im pleased to say the problem has somehow been rectified!  ;D

My bike has been using a hell of a lot of fuel these last few days.. probably because I had the idle mix screw turn nearly all the way in.. but now I'v turned it 3/4 of the way out in the hope it will use less fuel. But now I've done that.. when I came to start it up, I pushed it off the stand and the revs didnt alter one bit.. they did go up ever ever ever so slightly but nothing noticable and I can now "tune" my bike when its on th ground where as before it was impossible to tune! For example I can turn the idle setting screw in and out and it adjusts it fine.. so I've set my ideal idle now which is running fine. I dont know what has caused it to be solved but all I did was turn the idle mix screw 3/4 the way out and just put some packing foam near my airbox because when at about 60 km/h it has recently been vibrating and it tingles the floor.. but once past about 60 km/h it goes away. So I packed it up to stop the vibrations which I think has solved that.

But really really just dont know what has solved it.. I'm saying this while touching wood  ::) Hoping it doesnt go funny again.

Thanks for all the advice guys....  ;) :)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 20, 2010, 08:52:08 PM »
..dang...glad its better anyway...

;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:22 PM »
Your best bet is to talk to a local dealer. Even show them your thread here so they have ALL the info as it happened. I believe they will do their best to sort it ALL out as you will be seen by hundreds of people.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2010, 10:46:09 PM »
...WE HAVE TH' POWWERRR!!!!

;D

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()