Author Topic: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??  (Read 12114 times)

Super8504T

• View Profile
Re: Engine rev's high when rebound the main stand??
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2010, 09:47:15 PM »
Ok after a real close look under a torch, the throttle cable seems to be being pulled every so slightly, do you know how to slacken it off??

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2010, 09:51:12 PM »
...yeah, by repositioning the nut on the bracket at the carb....but something is pulling it....

..generally, those cables get loose, over time, and then need to be tightened...never heard of one getting tighter....
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2010, 09:58:32 PM »
Ok after a real close look under the torch, I can see that the throttle cable is being pulled ever ever so slightly and so causing the revs to increase slightly. Do you know how to adjust or slacken the throttle cable?

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
Sorry posted that again!

What exactly do you adjust?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2010, 10:09:49 PM »
...i'm not sure that you should adjust anything, but trace the cable back and find out what's pulling it....

..see, the black sheath is only there for protection of the steel cable...

..somewhere, something is drastically pulling on that sheath...

..has to be fairly drastic for it to make the steel cable actuate the carburetor's throttle....

..if you don't find it, it could wear through the sheath, and allow moisture and grit inside, which might cause your steel cable to rust, hang-up and maybe eventually break...

« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 12:45:32 AM by wordslinger »

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2010, 10:26:57 PM »
One thing to note is that on my throttle grip, it has a dead zone where it is loose at the beginning and doesnt have any action on the cable for about 1/10 of a turn. Is that anything to do with it or is that normal?

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2010, 10:33:31 PM »
...well, that isn't so bad after a year of riding...according to how many miles (kms) you've ridden..

..that's what i'm saying, loosening of the throttle cable is expected to happen...

..doesn't explain the pulling...just th' opposite, in fact...

..sounds like something may even have streched....

..take a closer look...trace the cable from the carb to the twist-grip throttle..

..there's an anomoly somewhere...

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2010, 02:54:36 PM »
Thanks a lot wordslinger for your help. I have tried to trace the throttle cable as far as I can, but I dont want to undo any of the casing so I have just left it but I adjusted the throttle on the bracket and it has got rid of the "dead zone" in m throttle grip now, it is quite tight. It hasnt solved the whole proble though. It goes in for a major service next month so I'll try and put with it until then. They should find the problem. It's no massive problem, it doesnt affect the way the bike drives or handles but it's just one of those things you want sorted.  :)

Thanks a lot.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2010, 08:48:44 PM »
..y' welcome super8!!

;D

peace

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 08:36:27 PM »
Just looked through the service manual and it says: "If the motorcycle tends to creep, or the engine
stalls, check the clutch shoes for wear and
replace if necessary."

This maybe what my problem is? Because it only happend when any weight is applied to the bike and the clutch has any weight put on it. So this maybe the cause? Will it need replacing? Also how much will it be?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2010, 05:12:23 AM »
First off, welcome!
Have you checked to make sure there are no lines or wires being pinched when you take it off the stand?  That is a somewhat odd problem!  I would start by just visually checking over the fuel and vacuum lines as well as any wires.  Beyond that, I'm not sure what would cause your problem.  You can try pulling off the cvt cover to check that everything is working properly as well.  Make sure the clutch is spinning smoothly.  Otherwise, a call to your dealer may be in order.
Shaka's post is still the most relevant. You are going to have to remove the plastics to really inspect what is happening. The clutch would not be the suspect. A jammed throttle cable, or pinched vacuum line is more likely. Pull the tuperware off, and get your hands dirty son.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2010, 07:43:12 AM »
With the engine being mounted on the swingarm the whole angle changes in relation to the frame with any movement of the rear suspension, would the cable be rubbing on the frame or plastic panels enough to actuate the throttle? Loosening of the cable will rectify it if this is happening, if it does then you will know where to look for the problem.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Hoolander2

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2010, 04:21:43 PM »
Just a thought.  If you can get your hand in there, grab the throttle cable outer housing (black part) near the carb and gently tug it toward the carb, just a little.  If nothing else, just try jiggling it as much as you can. Maybe something will work loose.

On the same idea, do you see any cable ties on the throttle cable anywhere? Like tying it to the frame or other things.  If so, do they look real tight? 

Super8504T

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2010, 09:58:49 PM »
Ok I dont think its anything to do with the throttle cable because sometimes the engine idles at different rpm's.. sometimes its quite low and sometimes its quite high. Also the throttle cable is free, nothing is catching on it at all. I think it has something to do with the clutch shoe..

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2010, 10:00:27 PM »
..refresh my memory, but the rpms increase when the tire is on the ground, or off the ground??

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()