Author Topic: What did you do to your DownTown today?  (Read 143450 times)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?
« Reply #330 on: May 16, 2016, 03:03:33 AM »
de dee, I think I am going to change my tires soon. I'm curious as to why 2 different models of tires ? I still have the factory maxxis' . I'm trying to get as many opinions as I can before I make my purchace

I like the city grip tires ,   but they don't make a 120/80  14  for the front tire,  second choice power pure , they make that one, for the front tire ,.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 16, 2016, 07:20:49 AM »
Oh, ok. I figured there was a reason as to why. Thanks for the response.

- Rich

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

de dee

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?dyno test
« Reply #332 on: May 21, 2016, 12:08:46 AM »
nice weather again and the miles are piling up.,   71,662 Km.  ( 44,528 ) miles,.  just finished valve check ,very little change, new iridium spark plug,  small leak at gasket over oil check plug, tighten the bolts around it, and seems OK now ,  I wonder how much power my sweet delight downtown has ?,  so I talked to a dyno garage to see when I can get a check up from them, he said it would cost $150.00,  and take 1/2 a day to set it up and run the test,  they do a lot of bikes for the local race track,  I will let you know after that happens,. 

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »
Took the DT for a little ride,the weather is finally feeling like late spring!! Went to a local park. I will post some pictures of the DT , with NYC skyline.I just have to pick a day when the traffic is halfway decent.

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 27, 2016, 02:57:22 AM »
Clocked 30,000kms on the odometer.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2016, 02:46:38 AM »
Just got over 6,350 miles and you can tell it is finally starting to break in. The engine is running a tad quieter and more smoothly. Now on a flat at 5,200 RPM it seems to hold well at just over 50 MPH and very little throttle to keep it at speed. even 5,600 RPM holds well at 60 MPH. last fill up too MPG has gone up slightly as well.

de dee

• View Profile
Re: What did you do to your DownTown today?dyno test
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2016, 03:51:56 AM »
nice weather again and the miles are piling up.,   71,662 Km.  ( 44,528 ) miles,.  just finished valve check ,very little change, new iridium spark plug,  small leak at gasket over oil check plug, tighten the bolts around it, and seems OK now ,  I wonder how much power my sweet delight downtown has ?,  so I talked to a dyno garage to see when I can get a check up from them, he said it would cost $150.00,  and take 1/2 a day to set it up and run the test,  they do a lot of bikes for the local race track,  I will let you know after that happens,.
   72,383 Km. ( 44,976 miles )  just out for a little ride  again,.

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2016, 09:40:35 AM »
Good morning,my fellow scooter aficionados!! Getting ready for a short,little ride. I hope to be posting some pictures,when I return. They should be pretty awesome. I hope everyone enjoys them.

-Rich

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2016, 05:49:01 PM »
I took a ride down by the Hudson River, Jersey side. Took some pics of the DT with NYC as my back drop. Yesterday evening,a P-47 thunderbolt went down in that exact spot. Unfortunately, the pilot did not survive. NYPD tug boat in background, pulling up the wreckage

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 28, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »
Appears you had a good day out. great pics too.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 29, 2016, 10:36:00 PM »
Good morning,my fellow scooter aficionados!! Getting ready for a short,little ride. I hope to be posting some pictures,when I return. They should be pretty awesome. I hope everyone enjoys them.

-Rich

Hey Rich,
You gotta post your DT & NYC pix over on the pictures and videos area ---- your great pictures with the NYC skyline and Hudson are just amazing! Really - over here too many will miss enjoying your pictures.
Thanks so much for posting them.
I have been after someone in a big city to take photos of their scooters in those cities.....and by dang they don't get any bigger than New York City!!
Please take more when you get the time - and post them under the "EYE CANDY" area so more people can enjoy them.
Just really super pictures!
Is that the burnt orange color , or red.
Never liked the burnt orange one sitting in my dealer's.....been there for 3 years.....but if your's is that color it looks great outdoors!
Thanks again, Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 30, 2016, 09:17:20 AM »
Hi

My service schedule for my recently purchased Downtown has the box ticked for drivebelt inspected/replaced (it doesn't say which) at 15,000 miles (i.e. about 700 miles / 1 year ago).

So I decided to have a look.....however I can't seem to get the metal cover off. I've tried tapping the casing all around with a rubber mallet, but don't want to hit it too hard, or try and get a screwdriver in there to prise it apart in case I do some damage.

Any thoughts? Can you give it a real belt or am I missing a trick.

Many thanks in advance

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 30, 2016, 10:32:10 AM »
Look carefully on both endds for "pry tabs" molded into case and cover.
I finally used a thin metal spatula and gently worked it into the seams.....tug...pry....tug....tap...pry....etc. Cover on my Kymco LIKE200I was a BEAR to get off first time....easy easy now. I had to replace the cover gasket after such trauma to it....but edges not damaged.
Makes me wonder if yours has truly beed off before....and only one year ago?!
These can be very well stuck on from factory.....but should almost drop off second time around. You do want to take care not to damage two rround locating pins.....so straight off as best ppossible.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 30, 2016, 05:33:42 PM »
Thanks for that. I'll have another look in the next cuple of weeks.

Makes me wonder if yours has truly beed off before....and only one year ago?!

Yes, my thoughts too. I'm assuming the only way to check the belt is to actually take off the metal cover? There's not an inspection hatch you can shine a torch into is there?

de dee

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 01, 2016, 04:18:56 AM »
  there is no hatch to see inside ,  there is a bolt for the tupper ware that is good for a few taps at the rear of the cover , the cover is fairly strong,

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()