Author Topic: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!  (Read 15165 times)

whiteknight

• ..Knight Tweed..
    • View Profile
Re: Global warming in the past, must have been all those cars!
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 11:24:44 PM »
have any of you looked at other planets in our system? Venus is a seriously f*cked version of earth. if you want to know what Earth will be like after "global warming" or "climate Change" look at Venus. i personally cant be arsed to get into a debate about the whole subject as no matter how much we all debate it the earth aint gonna get any better and it will still be on a crash course for disaster.
Courage is measured in how much tyre you use.

2010 Kymco Agility 72..Naraku 72cc race cylinder...Naraku 50cc race head
Naraku Race CDi...Polini free flow filter...Motoforce Racing Carb
NGK Irirdium plug...Naraku Race Variator...Malossi fly clutch
Stage 6 cnc clutch bell...1500 Rpm torque sprin

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2012, 01:48:17 AM »
According to a survey in this week's Time magazine, 85% of Americans think global warming is happening. The other 15% work for the White House.

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2012, 01:53:07 AM »
have any of you looked at other planets in our system? Venus is a seriously f*cked version of earth. if you want to know what Earth will be like after "global warming" or "climate Change" look at Venus. i personally cant be arsed to get into a debate about the whole subject as no matter how much we all debate it the earth aint gonna get any better and it will still be on a crash course for disaster.
Not really sure what your saying here, are you saying that it doesn't matter what we do the earth will be screwed. Or are you saying only if we don't stop burning fusel fuels etc.?

As for earth becoming like Venus I'm not sure how you can compare the 2, the earth and Venus are not even close to being the same planets, have different orbits and that orbit is what makes the temp. so much different on Venus then on Earth. As far as I know they havn't proven life ever existed on Venus yet.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2012, 01:55:58 AM »
According to a survey in this week's Time magazine, 85% of Americans think global warming is happening. The other 15% work for the White House.

The American people only know what their gov and mass media tell them, they are followers, just like sheep. As for the other 15% crack, it's the White house leading the charge for us to march the GW march.

I'll see if I can find the stats that show the past 3 or 4 decades the temps have gone down overall.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2012, 02:12:29 AM »
I want to reiterate my previous position....

There were around 1 billion people in the world in 1800 and around 7 billion today. About 30 years from now, we might reach 9 billion and so on and so forth. The earth's size is not getting bigger. Our resources are deteriorating. The number of humans are increasing and the number of plant and animal species are decreasing. There are around 500,000 babies born everyday. There's just toooo many of people that depend on limited resources.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »
I was watching a documentary at the weekend about the future of the car. Heard an astounding fact, " DAVID L. GREENE (Oak Ridge National Laboratory): Our transportation system is almost entirely fueled by petroleum, more than 95 percent. A quarter of all the petroleum ever consumed in the history of the world was consumed in the last 10 years. So we're consuming it at an accelerating rate. ". The doc was from 2007 i think so i guess its worse now, thats one f@#ked up situation we have, and we wonder why the world feels sick?

Im not getting into a big debate here, i see no need since most of us all agree global warming is real and is happening. For those wbo dont want to accept it, thats up to them, it wont affect my thinking on the matter.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 09:16:52 AM »
Do you know what will happen if the prices of fuel goes way way down?

Global Warming will worsen because...
More people will buy cars!!!!

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 09:30:07 AM »

Thats already happening. News report yesterday i saw said in the next 10 yrs most of China will abandon their bicycles in favour of cars or motorcycles. There are around 8,000,000 cycles in China so imagine if even only 1/3rd switch to petrol, its all f#%ked.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 09:33:13 AM »

Thats already happening. News report yesterday i saw said in the next 10 yrs most of China will abandon their bicycles in favour of cars or motorcycles. There are around 8,000,000 cycles in China so imagine if even only 1/3rd switch to petrol, its all f#%ked.

Yes! China! They will buy cars because they can afford now! They have the money! And they now make cars! No.. lots of cars!!!

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »
I'm all in favor of someone making a car or other veh. that runs on batt/electric power. I'd even pay a premium for one of maybe 25% over the standard petro car/cycle.

This way I can charge it with my solar panel(s).

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2012, 05:49:38 AM »
My biggest fear is everything we take OUT of the planets core is leaving a void. Water/mud cannot replicate the viscosity/nature/purpose of crude oil. The dynamics of the planet ARE changing. No one believes it is due to removing the fluid reserves inside. I am FIRMLY convinced. Most of the "hype" is aimed at the atmosphere, and is valid (imho) but the real danger is inside.IMHO.
Ever spin a raw egg? Thats the Earth.
Now spin a Boiled egg. That's what we are doing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »
I'm all in favor of someone making a car or other veh. that runs on batt/electric power. I'd even pay a premium for one of maybe 25% over the standard petro car/cycle.

This way I can charge it with my solar panel(s).

Thats exactly what i want. Solar panels on my garage roof and an electric scoot, you can then run it on free fuel really. I am not for electric vehicles at all until they can be powered or charged with renewables, plugging into the grid only shifts the polution from your tailpipe to the power plant. Cant see the oil corps allowing us all to run our transport for free, we could have did it years ago but no doubt they had a hand in slowing or blocking the idea.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 12:51:18 AM »
Another side of the same coin... Plastics are used in making lighter electric vehicles. Plastics are made from Dino oil.
Minerals are used in batteries. Minerals are mined. Not with electric shovels either.
Magnetic, solar, wind, gravity and ocean tides are the ONLY free power we have. These are the keys to building for the future
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 01:41:07 AM »
Streido's dream scoot.....

Solar spoilers!!!!!!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 06:22:16 AM »
Riding over 30mph pops the front wheel up. It's a cops dream. Hey! De Resrticted scoot! Pull the F over....   STOP RESISTING!!!***@ ***@

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()