Author Topic: WHAT DERESTRICTION CAN I MAKE WITHOUT BUYING MOD PARTS  (Read 11511 times)

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
WHAT DERESTRICTION CAN I MAKE WITHOUT BUYING MOD PARTS
« on: September 24, 2011, 02:15:05 PM »
I would like to try and derestrict my kymco 49cc but dont want to make it complicated im not after turning it into a superbike just would be happy with around 40mph, the reason why i want it derestricted is as a few years ago is in 2004 i purchased a starway/boatian 49qt moped from argos looked very similar to peugeots v clic prob the same and like the agility it used the 139qmb engine but from the day it was deliverd 4km on clock it did not seem to be restricted and could easily do 40 - 45 mph could this have been the chinese saving money on restricted cdi etc, so anyway as you can imagine i kind of got used to the extra speed and would like to have it again, i was wondering could i just cut the wire in the cdi and is there a washer i can remove in the variator or does it need replacing with a different washer and if i can do these 2 methods should it give me my desired speed. im not after anything amazing so i dont want to start changeing jets in the carb or fitting a race exhaust and air filters as my little starway scoot had none of this but could easily manage 40mph+ basicly i would like the agility to be how it would be in its standard form but without restrictions any help greatly appreciated.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
Re: WHAT DERESTRICTION CAN I MAKE WITHOUT BUYING MOD PARTS
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 04:43:23 PM »
I would like to try and derestrict my kymco 49cc but dont want to make it complicated im not after turning it into a superbike just would be happy with around 40mph, the reason why i want it derestricted is as a few years ago is in 2004 i purchased a starway/boatian 49qt moped from argos looked very similar to peugeots v clic prob the same and like the agility it used the 139qmb engine but from the day it was deliverd 4km on clock it did not seem to be restricted and could easily do 40 - 45 mph could this have been the chinese saving money on restricted cdi etc, so anyway as you can imagine i kind of got used to the extra speed and would like to have it again, i was wondering could i just cut the wire in the cdi and is there a washer i can remove in the variator or does it need replacing with a different washer and if i can do these 2 methods should it give me my desired speed. im not after anything amazing so i dont want to start changeing jets in the carb or fitting a race exhaust and air filters as my little starway scoot had none of this but could easily manage 40mph+ basicly i would like the agility to be how it would be in its

standard form but without restrictions any help greatly appreciated.....

The easiest mod is too remove the restrictor (smooth collar) on the variator and add an 82# jet to the carb. The parts are actually Kymco for markets were restriction is not necessary parts are £20 and dealer can fit them. Had mine done before I took delivery. Kymco say unrestricted top speed is 42 mph.

Seems some Kymco bikes came with the unrestriction parts in a bag usually in the seat and some
don't ?? My Agility did not come with them butvlike I said was £20 it was the Kymco sales rep who recommended the mod!!!!!
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 06:40:51 PM »
Kymco uk say to derestrict fit a smooth boss, #82 main jet and cut cdi.  That will def get you to  at keast 40mph on the speedo. I got to 42-43mph with those 3 things only. You wont get anywhere till you change the variator boss to a smooth one.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 07:05:32 PM »
Thank you for your reply, do you think i could get away with just changing the variator boss as i dont want to mess to much with the scoot as lately i am a strong beliver in if its not broke dont fix it i dont want to play with it to much if i could just get about 35 to 40 mph it would suit me as on my regular commute its mainly 30mph there is only one road that has a 40mph limit its just quite a long stretch and every car has to impatiently overtake.....

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
to get the best out of your scoot you well have to do all 3 mods .they all tie in together and work together in some way.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2011, 08:07:38 PM »
Blue is right, They are all very minor modifications and won't require anymore adjustments after they are done. To just change the variator boss would be pointless without cutting the CDI because the CDI will still be limiting the RPM's which won't allow you to gain mcuh at all if anything. If you do both those mods without changing to a 82 or 85 main jet it will then be running lean which over time could cause damage to your engine.

They all work together and should be done together but once you do them you should be happy with your scooter if 40-42mph is what you're looking for.
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

thebatman

• The Bat lives on... like the fkn Energizer Bunny
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2011, 01:24:30 AM »
   +1...... ;)
"THE BAT"MAN...
Says:
"A goal without a plan is just a dream"......

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2011, 03:27:04 AM »
I think doing the variator mod is the most important then the main jet, but is the cdi really nessecary if he only wants a small increase? With the variator mod, that will allow the variator to work fully with the engine's current operating speed, will that get near the required speed?
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2011, 05:06:58 AM »
I have never done just those two derestrict mods and not the CDI mod but I don't think it would even get him near 40. My guess would be 35 or so.

After only the variator and jet mod the variator will be capable of expanding all the way but the engine won't be able to give it the necessary RPMs to do so because the CDI will still be limiting the RPMs.

2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2011, 08:09:46 AM »
If it is a 2010MY+ then the CDi mod is not needed as the CDi is unrestricted already just boss and jet need doing.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
re: my lil" red demon
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2011, 08:32:59 AM »
At what engine speed does the rev limiter cut in?

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 09:03:48 AM »
Mine is a 2011 with the indicators built into fairing so hopefully the cdi is not restricted, i have heard that a restricted cdi cuts in at 7800rpm, i had someone add a message to me on you tube although is english is slightly broken it says""" Finally my agility got the first service today. And the vario is unrestricted now. Just changed the bus. It runs now at about 62km/h enough for me.""" I guess it may well do this because as "jezyg" says maybe cdi is not restricted on later models or if the cdi is restricted because the belt can now travel higher up the variator it like now adding a 5th gear and brings the revs below 7800rpm in which case this mod sounds good to me as i get extra speed but know im not over reving....

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 09:29:48 AM »
My thinking was that you will get more speed using 100% of your variator @ 7,800 rpm than you would using 80% of your variator @7,800 rpm. Leaving the limiter is a safeguard for the engine.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2011, 09:35:51 AM »
sidthesloth..... I think you make a good point about still limiting the revs and think i will go for just the variator bush change and see how it goes....

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2011, 10:20:11 AM »
If you do that, also look at a longer belt to utilise all of the variator.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()