Author Topic: WHAT DERESTRICTION CAN I MAKE WITHOUT BUYING MOD PARTS  (Read 11513 times)

Kenho21

• I live my life 0.402336 kilometers at a time
    • View Profile
Re: WHAT DERESTRICTION CAN I MAKE WITHOUT BUYING MOD PARTS
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2011, 06:38:01 PM »
I never heard the newer modles were unrestricted as far as the CDI goes and that's awesome for anyone getting a newer model!

Yea I believe it was sid that said start with the first two (boss,jet) then go from there. If you still want a couple more mph go for the CDI mod.

But to correct one of my previous statements I'm 99% sure I did have just the variator and jet mod for a short while and to the best of my recollection remember only getting about 35mph (speedo)....

But good luck with whatever you choose to do and keep us updated!
2009 Kymco Agility 50- 72cc Airsal kit, Uni Free-Flow Air Filter, Main Jet 120, 1500 Contra Spring, 6g Rollers, Malossi Multivar Variator, NCY Exhaust, NCY 80cc Camshaft, Cut CDI, Smooth Boss Drive, MRP Ignition Coil

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2011, 08:28:24 PM »
I never heard the newer modles were unrestricted as far as the CDI goes and that's awesome for anyone getting a newer model!

Yea I believe it was sid that said start with the first two (boss,jet) then go from there. If you still want a couple more mph go for the CDI mod.

But to correct one of my previous statements I'm 99% sure I did have just the variator and jet mod for a short while and to the best of my recollection remember only getting about 35mph (speedo)....

But good luck with whatever you choose to do and keep us updated!

Mine only has the boss and jet and does the stated 42mph there was no need to touch the CDi according to the sales rep/dealer.

Later CDi's don't have the wire you can saw through either???? Deffo 2010+ models that the mod does not work on as they are unlimited.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

Vitalrs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2011, 02:37:57 AM »
I have just recently purchased a Agility 50cc on a 10plate and it does a healthy 40-43 unrestricted to my knowledge I'm not a massive bike loving modding bashing kind of person but i thought i would give the the two wheeled machine a try.

I have a 10plate with 7k on the clock Hopefully it lasts me a healthy Year or so. Any tips to a newbie would be muchos appreciated

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 02:45:57 PM »
if it does 40 to 43 it sounds like it has been restricted. anways injoy and ride and stay on the fourm lot of helpfull people here.

jezyg

• Agility 50 2011 and SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
    • View Profile
    • UK Police Books
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 07:02:38 PM »
if it does 40 to 43 it sounds like it has been restricted. anways injoy and ride and stay on the fourm lot of helpfull people here.

He means mph not Kmh.
2011 Agility 50
2011 SEAT Leon FR TSi 211
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Policebooks

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2011, 07:29:37 PM »
A tip i would advise if you want your agility to last you as long as possible is change the oils every few thousand km, i use castrol power 1 racing fully synthetic 10w40 oil and fuchsilkolene 80w90 hypoid gear oil for the transmision i changed the engine oils at 400km and plan to change tham again at 4000km and then every 4000km although some may advise more regular changes and may say the use of fully synthetic not necessary, this is just my own opinion and im also a new agility owner after being very unhappy with peugeots 4t kisbee owned many 50cc scoots in the past but they were all 2 strokes so am open to any better advice for maintaning 4 strokes to make sure my agility lasts me as long as possible, especialy as i dont have a warranty as i serviced the scoot myself its now 4 months old with 1200km on clock and so far no problems touch wood, because my wife seen how reliable my kymco seems she got the agility rs it is nearly a month old now with 350km on clock so will be changing the oils on that scoot in the next few weeks and plan to use the same oils....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 09:58:31 PM by kisbee »
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

Vitalrs

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2011, 09:31:40 PM »
He means mph not Kmh.

Haha thanks for clearing that up.

I did mean MPH.

Thanks for the Advice Kis I'll keep it in mind.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2011, 09:39:50 PM »
Hey Kisbee, 4000 km between oil changes is a bit high i think?  i try to do mine every 1000km sometimes i let it go to 1500km if im lazy tho.
I use fully synthetic oil too, been fine.

Vitalrs if you only get 42km/hr your scooter is still restricted. Theres millions of info on derestricting an agility on here. Any questions just ask and someone will help.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

REDKYMCO

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2011, 10:15:01 PM »
I was thinking modern car's these days can go 10,000 miles before oil change is needed and i know others including skodas can go 20,000 miles, but i suppose the difference is apart from the fact the agility is not a car :) is the gy6 agility engine is a old honda design and without a oil filter apart from the wire strainer the oil can and will become contaminated a lot quicker also are little gy6 engines work at higher rpm so i guess 1500km or sooner maybe a safer bet.....
IF IT IS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT:)

Vitalrs

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2011, 10:39:57 PM »
Hey Kisbee, 4000 km between oil changes is a bit high i think?  i try to do mine every 1000km sometimes i let it go to 1500km if im lazy tho.
I use fully synthetic oil too, been fine.

Vitalrs if you only get 42km/hr your scooter is still restricted. Theres millions of info on derestricting an agility on here. Any questions just ask and someone will help.
I'm in Britain i meant it in MPH!

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2011, 11:09:22 PM »
Well 42 is ok then for it derestricted. You could get a couple more mph and better acceleration with a race variator if you want, or just leave it and enjoy as is. You wont ever get much past 50mph without spending a bit of cash and it may shorten your engine life. Depends what your after really.

I get 45-47mph on good days and im happy with that, when i want more im moving up to a 125cc.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

Vitalrs

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2011, 01:19:27 AM »
I am happy with it at 40 ish I have no need to go faster, Not yet anyway. When it is time to get something bigger i shall just turn the Agility into a project so i can learn more about bikes and how they work  :o

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()