Author Topic: Agility rs 50 4T rollers  (Read 5368 times)

Jaspi

• View Profile
Agility rs 50 4T rollers
« on: December 24, 2010, 01:56:28 PM »
Hey, I recently cut my rev limiter on my agility RS and am craving for more speed lol. I'm going to order a impact wrench and unrestricted boss and some lighter rollers. But I can't find out what the stock size of rollers are in a agility 50 4T or super 8 50 4T, 16x13 maybe? And the stock weights of the super 8 or agility. My bike seems to be mixed with both parts of super 8 and agility. I was wondering if you guys knew? If i can find out what size they both are I can buy both and see what fits.

I'm guessing the normal weight for these two bikes are around 6.5-8.5 rollers. I'm guessing if they are between them I should go for some thing like 5.5g rollers?

Thanks a bunch

oswaldters

• View Profile
Re: Agility rs 50 4T rollers
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 02:31:13 PM »
For the regular agility 4t the stock rollers are 16 x 13 and 6.5 gm.  I don't know about the Super 8 sizes.

I would think about getting some inexpensive rollers of various weights and try them out to see what works best - I bought some on ebay that were very cheap and no doubt wouldn't hold up long, but I only used them for a week or so to test out how it worked with the various weights..  

Once you figure out the weight you like, go for the Dr Pulley sliders in that weight.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:32:52 AM by oswaldters »

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 03:01:52 PM »
Ah yeah ok I heard dr pulley sliders were good.

Ok then I will try use some 16x13 5.2-5.5 rollers and see how it goes

Thanks.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 03:15:53 PM »
They do have tuning kits that have those kinds of weight increments.  

On my agility I went with the 5 gm sliders, but I did try 5.5 and 4.5.  The Dr. Pulleys I've seen come in .5 gram weights so you might have an issue trying to get to 5.2gm sliders.  

I ordered rollers that were 4gm, 5gm, and 6gm so I could test them out.  I did mix weights - three 5 gm and three 6 gm to simulate the 5.5 gms.  Mixing works fine for the short term to test as long as you alternate the weights to balance it out.

The lighter weights give it more punch at take off, but you lose acceleration as the speed increases.  You have to test out the different weights and give them a week or so of driving in to know what will work best for you.

But I do like the sliders - they are smoother and don't cost more than quality rollers.  

aokark

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 04:42:26 PM »
I bought the 16x13 5.5g slider rollers after cutting the wire on the CDI and removing the variator bushing... It does about *65km/h uphill and I was able to hit *80km/h downhill but probably not all that accurate :-P
On flats which we have a lot of here I'm doing about *75km/h and the acceleration feels very even, I think around *60+ the acceleration starts slowing down a bit but I'm able to get up to speed a lot faster than with the original weights.

*Take these speeds with a grain of salt as it's taken straight from the meter on the scooter and it tends to show more than what it really is.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 05:01:17 PM »
Ah ok I will probably go with 5.5g then. I live in a fairly hilly area and the speed limit is usually 30 (every travels 35) so what you have described is perfect for me really. I have alot of traffic lights too. I don't usually Tavel on 40 roads because well there is not many down here anyway. I'd deffinatly sacrifice acceleration at higher speeds for going up hills faster. Everywhere I go I have to go up a hill here so it would be nice not to be stuck at 15mph ( we have really really steep hills here )

I hope that all made sense lol

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2010, 05:06:52 PM »
It's a matter of personal preference and even how your individual scoot handles.

I too run some solid hills and do lots of stop and go scooting, so I found that the 5 gm worked best for me - even though I had thought I was going to go with the 5.5gm weights initially.

This is why you will want to test out a couple of different weights.  Make sure to give the different weights enough time to get the feel for them as the performance on one day can be influenced by wind and temperature etc.

aokark

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2010, 05:11:37 PM »
Yep, oswaldters is right! :)

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2010, 06:16:38 PM »
Allrighty then, k will try some different rollers and see what I like.

I have to wait till march though when I'm 17 :( gotta order the parts and tools and my parents are the only ones that can order online. And they will only do it when I'm 17 because I'm legally allowed to derestrict my bike by telling my insurence company, how annoying !! Lol

But anyway, thanks for all the replies, can't wait now lol well I would take anything right now.. Damn snow !! Can't ride till it's gone

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 08:26:48 PM »
Oh a few more things I was wanting to ask is about a leo vince racing exhaust. I think I remember someone saying you need to up the main jet or something, what does increasing the jet do? Do I need it for a Leovince exhaust? What size does it have to be? And finally here in the uk we have a restriction of 17 year olds are allowed to use anything up to 13bhp and 125cc, doubt I would go over 13 bhp but I gotta ask lol. And for my insurence company that I must declare this too would they need a test or something on it to test it's below 13bhp do you think?

Question after question lol sorry xD

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 08:39:17 PM »
A larger main jet will allow more fuel into the air/fuel mix at  higher speeds (the main jet only operates at the higher end of the throttle).

To get the most out of a performance exhaust one needs to increase the air flow into the engine (as they say, the exhaust needs to breathe).  If the air flow is increase, the amount of fuel in the mix has to be increased too or you will run lean and lose power.

What size jet you would need will be a trial and error process.  It will depend on how much the air flow is increased so I don't believe that there is one right answer to that question. 

as for the hp - I don't really know for sure, but I doubt you'd exceed the 13bhp figure.  You'd probably have to test it on a dyno to find out for sure.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
Hmm should I get a free flow air filter not too sure exactly what it does but I heard you need one for getting a performance exhaust. Is that what you mean by getting the engine more air? The thing is, I will be taking this to a shop to get done so it will cost me everytime to get the jet replaced. I've seen some people saying they get a size 84 or 86 or something, someone on the forum must of been in the same position as me I would think.

And as for a dyno, I'm guessing they would have one at my dealers

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »
You'll probably be looking at somewhere between 95-105, but that's just a guess.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 09:02:07 PM »
Ah ok, hopefully it won't drink too much fuel lol I've only got a 5L tank.

Would the free flow air filter be good enough for the new exhaust you think?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2010, 09:08:42 PM »
Yep, that's exactly what you need.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()