Author Topic: Agility rs 50 4T rollers  (Read 5369 times)

Jaspi

• View Profile
Re: Agility rs 50 4T rollers
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2010, 09:15:48 PM »
Ah ok great. One last thing, and thanks for staying here answering my newbie questions lol. How will I know if the jet is the wrong size ? Will it just stop the bike from running? And if it is the wrong size would it damage the bike?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »
Yes, it is not good for the bike.  Too big and you'll run rich which means the bike won't run well and the plug can get fouled, too lean and you can really damage the engine if it goes uncorrected for a period of time.

You tell by how the bike runs, but also by what are referred to as 'plug chops'.  Do a search on the forum and you'll find out all about them.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 09:32:30 PM by oswaldters »

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2010, 09:31:12 PM »
Wow you know what? Never mind about the exhaust lol. Waaaay to much of a fuel burner. Guys are saying they get like 30mpg lol. Maybe just unrestricted boss, lighter rollers and maybe a few small bits and bobs like a lighter variator Kit or something like that. Seeing as it's 40 pounds and already comes with a unrestricted boss, why not

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2010, 09:33:44 PM »
Yeah, it will eat into your fuel mileage in a big way.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2010, 10:09:55 PM »
One last thing ( I promise lol ) I currenty have a derestricted cdi but my boss isn't, is it still ok to run ( test out ) some 5.1g rollers? It won't do any damage even though the gears are capped by the boss? I can't derestrict my boss till I'm 17, my parents don't know I cut the rev limiter lol

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2010, 10:50:19 PM »
If you're opening the variator and taking off the drive face nut you might as well put in the new boss.

I've heard that running the restricted boss with an unrestricted cdi isn't the best idea.  Don't know that I believe that but I can't give you a definitive answer. 

If you've cut the rev limited, just go ahead and do the drive boss.

The other issue is whether you have put in the bigger jet after cutting the cdi.  If you haven't increased the jet size then you probably won't find that big a difference with the new boss anyway.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 12:03:13 AM »
 there is allways a damn catch with kymcos lol what size would you recommend ? 84?

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2010, 12:42:47 AM »
Typically the derestricted models roll off the factory floor with a #82.  So that would most likely be the size to go with if you are keeping everything else stock.

The restricted models generally have #80.

But, you never know what you got until you look, I've heard of people who had a #78 stock.

Jaspi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2010, 12:49:07 AM »
Ok I will probably do my rollers before march and then get a unrestricted boss in there along with a 82 jet with it. I will get the jet done at a bike shop so I it's not working right I can turn back and get it back to normal

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2011, 08:34:58 AM »
Jaspi, hon, where ya been? lol You don't wanna come out and play no more? lol  Alright then, don't be too cool for school, buddy. lol.

ryanwaters

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2011, 04:14:22 PM »
has anyone got a step by step for derestricitng a kymco agility rs 50 with pictures beacsue i cant do it :(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()