Author Topic: FXTUL M3 - motorcycle diagnostic tool for 60 USD - works with Downtown 300i !  (Read 1540 times)

Ericson

• View Profile
I just received FXTUL M3 motorcycle diagnostic tool. I got version that is design to be used Kymco,  Sym and Yamaha motorcycles. I have 2011 DT300i with ABS. I can confirm that it connects to ECU and ABS modules.  You are able do usual diagnostic stuff like viewing past faults, clearing faults and viewing live data.

Before that I tried using OBD2 Bluetoth dongles with prices ranging from 10 USD to 50 USD but none of them was able to connect to ECU. This tool costs 60 USD with free shipping which I think is very good value for money as you are getting cables for all 3 scooter brands. Orginal Kymco diagnostic tool is in range of 300-400 USD.

You can watch tool in action here : https://youtube.com/shorts/yUG2fBH92K4

More data here https://fxtul.com/

Ruffus

• View Profile
Txs alot, interesting!
Would you check it please and give a short feedback what can be done with this diagtool?
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Looks better than the Kymco tool at 200 bucks! So, where does one find one of these?
I venture a guess if it works on DT300i ECU EFI it will work on all Kymcos with EFI and that little three wire plug.
Does this have cable adapters to fit nearly anything?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Ericson

• View Profile
Txs alot, interesting!
Would you check it please and give a short feedback what can be done with this diagtool?

Yesterday I cleared old, non-active, fault codes from ABS module. Checked ECU for current and stored errors - none reported. Watched live engine data by graph and numbers. You can also perform TPS reset using this tool.

So, where does one find one of these? I venture a guess if it works on DT300i ECU EFI it will work on all Kymcos with EFI and that little three wire plug.
Does this have cable adapters to fit nearly anything?

You can find this tool on several places:

https://fxtul.com/
ebay
Aliexpress

Depending on version you order ( there are three versions ) you get all the cable adapters

Is it this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/374553805652?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1NJCc1sKFT_afUgDjVfG_UA20&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=374553805652&targetid=1644837435723&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=9015855&poi=&campaignid=20398863052&mkgroupid=157274709968&rlsatarget=pla-1644837435723&abcId=9317264&merchantid=6296724&gclid=CjwKCAjwivemBhBhEiwAJxNWN9gcHIQL_1HO1PJweoG2UiokoBpLQ7rbJYFfqs6HrIliha-xgaUTvBoCT2QQAvD_BwE

Stig

Not quite - it is version for Honda Kawasaki Yamaha. Look for version for Kymco, SYM, Yamaha.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Do you have any useful information on using this device?  The website looks really flaky, talking about "Smoke detectors", "Definition of a motorcycle", etc.  Almost nothing on actual motorcycle diagnostics.  The suggestion to "Look for version for Kymco" doesn't yield any results.

Ericson

• View Profile
Do you have any useful information on using this device?  The website looks really flaky, talking about "Smoke detectors", "Definition of a motorcycle", etc.  Almost nothing on actual motorcycle diagnostics.  The suggestion to "Look for version for Kymco" doesn't yield any results.

For a time being not much as I used it only once and connected it to only one scooter with no active fault codes. You can see video in my first post what data you can read from DT300i ECU with engine running. I'm keeping this device as backup for engine and ABS troubleshooting time if it ever comes.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2023, 08:37:12 PM by Ericson »

Ruffus

• View Profile
Ericson txs again. Ordered such a tool, will get it in about two weeks, then testing and a write up.
Costs here in Italy €61.99   p&p included.
Let's see what we get and how it works.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile

Let's see what we get and how it works.
Keep us posted.  The above information looks really flaky, and the vendor's website info doesn't help!

Ruffus

• View Profile
Dear colleagues in suffering (scooterwise)!
Finally today my KYMCO fxtul M3 /B arrived, for I got a fxtul for VESPA/SUZUKI etc....coupl of weeks ago, anyway...

Unboxed and connected, and it does what Ericson (never doubted) earlier wrote.
It can read and delete DTCs, it has a livestream option, freeze option and is simple to handle.
(pls see pics)
Only a few buttons F1/F2F3 tells you next steps what to see and test.

For its price and to see live data worth to have.
I had until a while access to an original workshop diag tool (needed WiFi and laptop), its a little bit different and had more features.

But for home use fxtul does it well. In case you order be sure to order Model fxtul M3 variant B for KYMCO.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:24:26 PM by Ruffus »

Ruffus

• View Profile
Re: FXTUL M3 - motorcycle diagnostic tool for 60 USD - works with Downtown 300i !
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2023, 03:10:07 PM »
@CROSSBOLT....venture a guess if it works on DT300i ECU EFI it will work on all Kymcos with EFI and that little three wire plug.
Does this have cable adapters to fit nearly anything

Yes, it does have adapters which come within the package. First you put an interface on this tool, then an OBD II adapter comes for this three pronged connector. Actually several with a brand tag on it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:14:04 PM by Ruffus »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: FXTUL M3 - motorcycle diagnostic tool for 60 USD - works with Downtown 300i !
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2023, 08:51:12 PM »
@CROSSBOLT....venture a guess if it works on DT300i ECU EFI it will work on all Kymcos with EFI and that little three wire plug.
Does this have cable adapters to fit nearly anything

Yes, it does have adapters which come within the package. First you put an interface on this tool, then an OBD II adapter comes for this three pronged connector. Actually several with a brand tag on it.
That is absolutely fabulous! Thank you for the report! 60 bucks and works with some other brands...what's  not to love?
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2023, 09:10:28 PM »
Forgot to mention:
There are right now three versions of this tool.
Had a longer whatsapp conversation with customer support of producer because I got fxtul M3 version C, which works for/ has adapters for VESPA/SUZUKI/ other.

Like written, version B is for KYMCO.

So I asked whether we could change the setup online on this C-version to B.
Answer was NO, because softwares are NOT the same at A, B or C.

But according to customer support it IS possible within a certain time to update online this specific model.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile

You can find this tool on several places:

ebay
Aliexpress

Getting close!  However, your links are all dead-ends, discontinued, or girls' clothing.  If you can find a link that works, please post it for us.  The tool looks especially useful, but the procedure to connect/purchase looks dodgy!

Ruffus

• View Profile
JJJ, don't know where you are located at but for me here in Italy this link worked and works to order such an item...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()