Author Topic: FXTUL M3 - motorcycle diagnostic tool for 60 USD - works with Downtown 300i !  (Read 1536 times)

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
Ruffus, the link works for me in the US
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
JJJ, don't know where you are located at but for me here in Italy this link worked and works to order such an item...

https://fxtul.com/
Thanks, Ruffus.  It's an incredibly flaky website, so I'd really be buying a pig in a poke.  One user complained that there's no instructions, for example. Think I'd prefer buying through Amazon where I could return it if it didn't work!  Think I'll wait until you (or others) explain if you're able to make it work OK :-) 

Ruffus

• View Profile
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
Looks better than the Kymco tool at 200 bucks! So, where does one find one of these?
There is no such Kymco tool!  The dealers lease the software/tool from Kymco.  Non-dealers can't get it.  Any information posted here on functional work-arounds is priceless!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Can this tool default systems back to a proper...anything?
Or is it only a reader.
I am hopelessly IT illiterate.....and perfectly content to be so🙂
Stig
« Last Edit: March 03, 2024, 12:42:50 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
Pls see post and link above.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile

I am hopelessly IT illiterate.....and perfectly content to be so🙂
Don't give up without a fight!  God's greatest gift is being able to learn new sh*t!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Don't give up without a fight!  God's greatest gift is being able to learn new sh*t!
see Webster's, "content".

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
see Webster's, "content".

Stig

C'mon Stig, every day is a school day!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ericson

• View Profile
Recently there were some software updates to M3 tool. I upgraded my M3 tool from v1.47 to V24.03.05 and on my 2011 Kymco Downtown 300i: 1. I can't no longer communicate with ABS 8M module - communication error. 2. TPS Reset function is gone - it wasn't working in my case anyway. Good thing that I can downgrade back to 1.47.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Recently there were some software updates to M3 tool. I upgraded my M3 tool from v1.47 to V24.03.05 and on my 2011 Kymco Downtown 300i: 1. I can't no longer communicate with ABS 8M module - communication error. 2. TPS Reset function is gone - it wasn't working in my case anyway. Good thing that I can downgrade back to 1.47.
The ham radio guys are real big on "upgrades" for the firmware on these modern software defined rigs. They come away, bunches of them, after turning their once working radios into "bricks!" Fortunately, many are able to do what you did and return to the previous version (that worked!).
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()