Author Topic: agility 125 front brake master cylinder  (Read 1309 times)

sparko

• View Profile
agility 125 front brake master cylinder
« on: May 13, 2023, 12:15:11 AM »
Hi all-front brake just started not working after I tried to bleed it. It was stuck frozen when I got it, managed to push caliper back in. Now after bleeding it seems like master cylinder not building pressure and I think I will replace hand brake/master cylinder. My question is if I can buy a generic one from partsforscooters

https://www.partsforscooters.com/100-224-Front-Right-Hydraulic-Brake-Master-Cylinder

or does anyone know who carries the correct one? I don't know if this one will fit the banjo bolt that attaches it to the brake line. Thanks if anyone has had this problem or if this is a generic hand brake setup.

Vision

• View Profile
Re: agility 125 front brake master cylinder
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 02:56:52 AM »
I can only suggest that that one would work however I recommend going OEM, especially on the main parts of a breaking system.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 03:48:55 AM »
bought one off ebay. 28 bucks. will update when it comes in. since there are no leaks in system I assume the master cylinder is likely culprit. doesn't seem to have any pressure building up there. hope the banjo bolt is compatible or back to square one. thanks for your response. if this doesn't work I will buy entire front brake setup from kymco.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 03:01:34 PM »
In principle you could take any handbrake cylinder you are able to lay hands on, if there is a  brakelight switch in it, which paires up with KYMCOs electric system.

Standart banjo bolts in our KYMCOs have as a diameter M10x1 threaded holed bolts, so do nearly all modern motocycle brake systems.

As mentioned take care WHAT you are able to do on a brake system. Look up videos to understand how and why it works.
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2023, 03:33:05 PM »
Hi all, I installed the generic ebay motorcyle hand brake with master cylinder and it works just great. I think the old one had a compensating port clogged, found out after I had ordered the new part but since the new one is metallic blue I put it on and looks great. I am impatient and did not want to take off the plastic so just cut 2 holes where the brake clamp was for easy access to the bolts holding it on. I have already cracked the black plastic nose piece trying to remove it so does anyone know a good way to resolidify that plastic? I dont really care what it looks like as far as cracks showing. But it needs to be solid so wind doesn't blow debris and dust in there. May just tape it up as it is looking pretty beat as is.

Next complaint. Took it out for a late night cool down ride and could barely see the road. The lighting set up on this bike is almost criminal it is so ineffective. Can anyone recommend a replacement bulb or other lighting enhancements so I can go faster than 20 mph at night? The incandescent bulb in there is pretty much worthless and the reflector is not very well focused, just a concentration of light about 20 yards down the road at a very small dispersion. As the saying goes, Don't outrun your headlights would apply here. Not safe at over 25 mph. Just my opinion. May just put an aftermarket light with a switch to jog back and forth between lame OEM and single aftermarket. I know I can't have 2 on at the same time but the harleys seem to have 3 on at the same time, which I may consider. Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 05:58:55 PM »
Great to read it works!
Plastic repair:
-superclue and fine shavings from your pladtic body. Take a slice off from somewhere where it cannot be seen, take a fine grater or 100grade sanding paper and fill, sand and paint.
Fine woodshavings or wooddust work too.

Lights:
-take a LED H4 headlamp in there, check your MOT regulations before.

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 06:04:09 PM »
Ruffus's repair method is probably more Professional looking...but I've repaired 2 cracks on my scoot by using self adhesive fiberglass drywall tape on the back of the crack with JB Plasti Weld slathered on top of that. It makes a solid fix and my cracks do not flex or bend at all. This assumes you don't have any missing material.

My headlight is terrible on my S200, too. The very few times I've ridden at night have made me very uncomfortable. An LED buld, per Ruffus, may be your best bet. Or just avoid riding at night, like I do!
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2023, 03:01:18 AM »
hey thanks for the great plastic fixes. I will look into those ideas and try one. I have to take it back off first so may as well wait for the led h4 bulb before trying. BTW is the h4 bulb kind of generic for the agility 125? I will try to match one up off amazon if I can be certain what I am looking for. unless someone knows for sure. I don't want to blind oncoming traffic so decided on a 2500 lumen bulb. I would prefer a 3000 k bulb as it is less harsh, softer light. I can't find anything lower than 6000k. Here is one I am looking at:

https://www.amazon.com/H4-Motorcycle-Headlight-Lumens-Headlamp/dp/B07QBYFVX6/ref=asc_df_B07QBYFVX6/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=343220073358&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15116168810520828814&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016165&hvtargid=pla-756898672549&psc=1&tag=&ref=&adgrpid=71715066689&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvadid=343220073358&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15116168810520828814&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016165&hvtargid=pla-756898672549

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2023, 09:44:08 AM »
This mentioned LED bulb will work. 6000 k is a medium white light color. Additionally you can turn and adjust the bulbs light element to focus where it should be.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2023, 01:50:00 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLMQ82RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought 2, the one above and this monster from Planet X. Ratings were all over the place but the concept looked cool. I don't mind spending money to try something with a new procuct even if not well executed. I can repurpose it somewhere. I'd much rather spend my time fixing the headlamp than trying to make it go faster like many do. I have a piaggio mp3 400 and the best part of it is the lighting, although it is nice to have the speed and safety it allows. Thanks for all the interest, folks, will report back when the verdict comes in on which lightbulb is better.  8)

GoVanGo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2023, 04:54:14 AM »
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BLMQ82RR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

I bought 2, the one above and this monster from Planet X. Ratings were all over the place but the concept looked cool. I don't mind spending money to try something with a new procuct even if not well executed. I can repurpose it somewhere. I'd much rather spend my time fixing the headlamp than trying to make it go faster like many do. I have a piaggio mp3 400 and the best part of it is the lighting, although it is nice to have the speed and safety it allows. Thanks for all the interest, folks, will report back when the verdict comes in on which lightbulb is better.  8)

Havent even ridden mine in the dark yet so Im  sure mine will be weak also so will check
for your feedback.    Read the reviews though , 2 people had it die on the 2nd day ....
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2023, 01:37:50 PM »
photo of new brake handle and temporary headlight that is 200 percent better than stock although not dot approved. will post with new bulb results although I like this industrial look.

having trouble uploading hope it works this time.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2023, 07:05:11 PM »

darn, it is not an H4 headlight. not sure what the designation is but the H4 doesn't fit. maybe an adaptor somewhere out there.

Will stick to the new set up for now and hope the police don't notice. If it's pointed down it doesn't blind oncoming traffic. Will keep trying. the reflector I think is the main problem anyway. back to the drawing board.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2023, 09:25:07 PM by sparko »

Iahawk

• Eastern Iowa, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2023, 12:20:16 PM »
My People S200 takes an HS1 bulb. Likely what yours uses, too. The bulb type will be clearly printed on the front metal of the bulb base. The HS1 bulb was not a very popular/common one when I found mine on Amazon a few years back.
2010 People S200 - sold after 8 wonderful years!
2014 Ninja 300
1996 Honda Helix
1984 Honda Nighthawk 650 - work in progress

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2023, 03:17:42 PM »
yep, just a company that is trying to save as much money as possible and safety is not their concern. There is not a person anywhere that would find this set up desireable or even adequate. Even the low placement of the light is a poor decision. That combined with a dim light and the worst reflector ever designed makes this a very unsafe ride at night. Junk. I will stick with the aftermarket off road light for now and find something to hard wire in there eventually. If I find anything I will post results.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()