Author Topic: KymcoPartsMonster.com no longer taking orders!!  (Read 28968 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
KymcoPartsMonster.com no longer taking orders!!
« on: February 11, 2019, 01:26:05 PM »
KYMCOPARTSMONSTER.COM is no longer selling Kymco parts.
I spoke with KymcoUSA this morning to confirm this bad news.

KymcoUSA recommends that we try :

www.Varsitycycle.net (WV)

www.Solanocycle.com (FL) We've had some serious complaints about the ability of this dealer to supply parts in a timely manner....their communication leaves much to be desired, as well . Please make every effort before hand to speak with a person at this dealership about what you'd like to order. If you're not satisfied try another dealer - YOUR dealer obviously is your best first choice ...if you have one!

www.Leesonsarcticcat.com (WV)

Stig

« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 07:19:45 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: KymcoPartsMonster.com QUIT !!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 01:36:10 PM »
Some of us have not had very good luck getting parts through our dealer - so Partsmonster has been the source for Kymco parts for many of us in N. America, for years.

Obviously this may not be very good news for Kymco's future in America.....but we will have to see how these other suppliers work for us.

KymcoUSA says they are "trying to work something out", in the mean time we have these other sources for parts.

If you have had good experience with another source - please pass this on to the members here!
We can build a data base for parts sources in the USA - and it will become a sticky.
Stig

« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 01:45:14 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:44 PM »
Oy! Could this be another ploy like cyclepedia? I suspect the traffic in parts got slow and therefore, unprofitable. Considering the cycle slowdown and Kymco USA dealer policies, it is not surprising. But, HEY! We got this! Ebay/Amazon for regulators-rectifiers, mike's stators in CA, West60cycle salvage in Neosho, MO and Stig's mountain of Like parts, we got it covered!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 04:06:17 PM »
Oy! Could this be another ploy like cyclepedia? I suspect the traffic in parts got slow and therefore, unprofitable. Considering the cycle slowdown and Kymco USA dealer policies, it is not surprising. But, HEY! We got this! Ebay/Amazon for regulators-rectifiers, mike's stators in CA, West60cycle salvage in Neosho, MO and Stig's mountain of Like parts, we got it covered!

Currious as to your comment about Kymco Dealer Policies? Why is it so difficult to for dealers to order parts?
CJS

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 04:16:43 PM »
Karl can answer as well....
But my findings are that the dealer can order the parts.....if only they would not take so long to put an order into motion....and would take the time to phone when it arrives.
My experience with ordering through the dealer's parts counter --- made me turn to online ordering from partsmonster.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

WEL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 05:17:01 PM »
I ordered filters and a few other parts to have on stand by. Bert's Mega Mall got those to me pretty quick.

I am not going to let all this bad news bother me and just enjoy my new scooter.
KYMCO
2021 AK 550

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2019, 05:28:05 PM »
For Kymco owners in the Portland OR area Sargent's Motorsports has been my parts outlet. I can pick up parts from them but they will ship to owners who live too far away.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 09:19:21 PM »
I like Leeson's, have been buying parts from them for some time and their prices are usually lower  than the Monster, with no shipping costs on orders over $100.
2009 GV 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 02:46:02 AM »
I like Leeson's, have been buying parts from them for some time and their prices are usually lower  than the Monster, with no shipping costs on orders over $100.
Well, checked couple of parts prices from sites given by KYMCO USA. ..looked to be 10 to 20% higher than old monster prices! Rats!
We'll make do...and hope for the best. We do not need another SYM type fiasco.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2019, 09:35:28 AM »
Do you get the feeling Kymco might be gearing up to leave the US?
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2019, 01:02:26 PM »

Do you get the feeling Kymco might be gearing up to leave the US?
No. I did not get that impression while talking to Kymco USA yesterday.
BTW, I  identified myself as being the moderator of a USA based, worldwide, Kymco forum - and that I would be passing info on to our members.

No, not leaving the USA - but rather concerned about losing our largest online parts house.
Kymcopartsmonster carried many parts ( never had them say they didn't have a part fro my LIKE200iLX !) and I  always found prices to be competitive,  or best, plus you could get phone advice from a Kymco knowledgeable human!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

dan v.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2019, 11:57:30 AM »
Interesting.  Anyone have info on why PartsMonster would quit with Kymco?

I can get parts ordered thru local powersports dealer who has an online parts divison, and pick them up.  They are a Kymco dealer, but don't advertise as such, and may only carry a few Agility 50's if that.

They groan and seem unhappy to order Kymco parts.  Not sure if it is because of order minimums, poor support, or what.  Last part I ordered, a jet, was $16- and took a couple of weeks to get in.  Other than the price, I was OK with that.
05 Super 9, 06 Best & Win, and a fleet of other scoots.....
Grand Rapids, MI

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: KymcoPartsMonster.com no longer taking orders!!
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2019, 05:17:15 PM »
Well, THAT IS what the dealer problem is with Kymco parts! They are not required to stock parts since Kymcos rarely NEED parts! While I think this is mostly true, I think it completely ignores the riders who want to "fiddle" with their ride and/or hot-rod. It really sucks when you need something like a CVT belt which costs 99 to 100 bucks AND THEN have to shell out 15 bucks for shipping! The Mitsuboshi belts that Kymco uses are the BEST but, hey! I have had to buy one belt and my dealer waived the shipping! Don't know why but he did. The belt disintegrated because mice packed the CVT cooling inlet with bird seed! It lasted for a 500 mile trip but doubt it would have made it to 505 miles!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2019, 10:37:46 AM »
Been my experience that the dealers with good service depts also has/gets parts quickly.
That’s said I’ve always dealt with a dealer that’s on the above suggested supply list. Lucky.

AMAC

www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2019, 11:11:07 AM »
We live in a world where loyalty hardly exists. To my experience this is very applicable in the business world. No matter how hard an ordinary consumer try to be loyal to any supplier or dealer, for those in business everything is always about making money - loyalty from their side always sucks.

Therefore I'm not loyal to any supplier, or dealer.  I've learned hard lessons during my lifetime, and somehow discovered the only way not to get disappointed is not to rely on anyone other than yourself.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()