Author Topic: KymcoPartsMonster.com no longer taking orders!!  (Read 28965 times)

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
Re: KymcoPartsMonster.com no longer taking orders!!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2019, 06:55:19 AM »
Just my two bits; albeit I did do business with Kymcopartsmonster previously.
There are a few left out there online
https://www.racingplanetusa.com/
For instance.  They do have OEM parts in their mix.
Availability does vary by model, but they can also get Euro stuff if that's your bent.
They tend to get stuff shipped in a batch from Europe once a week or so thus delivery can be slow but they've come through for me on stuff for my old S200 & my SYMs.

Beyond that my local dealer ain't bad to deal with either.

Cheers
Tromper
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2019, 02:58:56 PM »
The last Kymco part I needed was some brake pads for my Super 8.  I got them for less than 9 bucks from Walmart.com. 

As for Kymco USA, the word from my dealer is that they had a lot of recent personnel turnover and that is causing some problems dealing with them.
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2019, 09:01:58 AM »
I'm in Italy at the moment for a week or so. Here, every Piaggio dealer is also a Kymco parts dealer. I wish I spoke Italian, as I'd love to talk to the proprietors a bit.

I'll take some pictures and write up some notes later in the week. It's like a scooter mecca here.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2019, 10:09:47 AM »
I'm in Italy at the moment for a week or so. ........................ I wish I spoke Italian, as I'd love to talk to the proprietors a bit.

I'll take some pictures and write up some notes later in the week. It's like a scooter mecca here.

The Italians are very helpful in general. To my experience those who can't speak English, will try to find somebody who can speak English if you need any information. Or try to talk to the younger generation, most of them can speak English and they are keen to share information.

I was also amazed to see how popular scooters are in Italy. A city like Bologna has many students, and many of them commute on scooters. Many adults also mainly depend on scooters for daily commuting.  Many of those scooters have unusual high screens for wind and rain protection. I thought the screens  looked a bit weird, but realized those high screens are actually very practical. I loved talking to the students  - the students were very friendly and were keen to share information about Italian history, scooters, etc.

The picture (below) was taken at the Bologna railway station during 2003, when I visited Italy.  Some scooters with the high screens can be seen on the picture.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 02:59:26 PM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 04:35:03 PM »
I'm in Italy at the moment for a week or so. Here, every Piaggio dealer is also a Kymco parts dealer. I wish I spoke Italian, as I'd love to talk to the proprietors a bit.

Great!
Looking forward to your post & pix!
One reason I like warching films shot in Paris, Rome, Barcelona ---- all the scooters in the scenes.
You gotta remember. ..I'm in scooter desert of rural Midwest.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

leomagnus

• Providence, RI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2019, 06:32:32 PM »
Viper go to the Porta Portese.. Its near the end of the Trastevere region of Rome. There is a boatload of scooter parts and aftermarket stuff....scooter heaven

Dean
Rome, Italy
'97 Honda SH50
'98 Aprilia SR50
'01 Gilera Runner 180
'05 Honda SH150
I have minor knowledge on basic maintenance based of many conversations with scooter mechanics in Rome, Italy.

Warwick, RI, USA
'12 Kymco People GTi 300
'18 Kymco Xciting 400i ABS
'22 Kymco AK550 ABS

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2019, 08:16:15 PM »
Thanks Dean - I've made a note.

The high screens are because everybody rides with open-face lids without visors! You rarely see a scoot without a screen here.

I'd like to rent one but I think Ms. Viper believes her pillion days are behind her.

Plenty of Agility 50s and 125s around, but the undisputed kings are the Honda SH150, the Aprilia Scarabeo (doesn't really exist anywhere else) and the Piaggio Liberty. Entirely different to the UK's taste in scoots!
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2019, 05:55:42 AM »

The high screens are because everybody rides with open-face lids without visors! You rarely see a scoot without a screen here.

Plenty of Agility 50s and 125s around, but the undisputed kings are the Honda SH150, the Aprilia Scarabeo (doesn't really exist anywhere else) and the Piaggio Liberty. Entirely different to the UK's taste in scoots!

Yup, I do remember those open-face helmets very well.  It perfectly complimented the beautiful faces of those stylish, perfectly dressed Italian ladies on their scooters.  I'm not talking about  "scooter gear", "bike gear", or "slops"  - I'm talking "the latest style, most expensive fashion" available on the market !

To be honest - those beautiful ladies on their scooters have changed my mind about scooters for ever. They even made the tallest screen and most basic scooter look brilliant !
After seeing the ladies on their scooters, I started thinking even the most beautiful motorcycles look very unpractical, and even a bit stupid !

Talking about high screens - maybe the real purpose is to protect the perfect make-up on those beautiful faces ?

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 05:58:17 AM by scooterfan »
Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Trucker jay

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 10:05:14 AM »
I'm going thru my gti 300 now it's right at 20,000 miles.  Back tire k66 from the UK, rear brake pads Spain, performance air filter Greece nothing took more than 2 weeks to receive.  The kicker is I've had givi windscreen on order from a place in Nevada for 2 or 3 weeks now and nothing.

Bluejay

• View Profile
Re: KymcoPartsMonster.com QUIT !!
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2019, 07:14:13 AM »
For Kymco owners in the Portland OR area Sargent's Motorsports has been my parts outlet. I can pick up parts from them but they will ship to owners who live too far away.
Good to know. I'm in Eugene, about 2 hours drive to Portland. We have a dealer here but I don't  have my Kymco yet so not sure how easy it will be to get parts locally.

Nireen

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2019, 08:47:18 PM »
KYMCOPARTSMONSTER.COM is no longer selling Kymco parts.
I spoke with KymcoUSA this morning to confirm this bad news.

KymcoUSA recommends that we try :

www.Varsitycycle.net (WV)

www.Solanocycle.com (FL)

www.Leesonsarcticcat.com (WV)

Stig

Yup just spoke with them now and they will not refund the rollers they sent me that won't fit my bike at all. Very disappointed in this place.  These rollers cost me 80 bucks to get them to me. 
Kat :)

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2019, 10:10:36 AM »
In your other post, you mention heavier rollers. Did you get another set when these ones did not work out?
Are you sure they actually weigh more.
Can you check on a micro scale?
That is the only way to be sure.

Since you fitted the new rollers did the revs drop?

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2019, 07:56:23 AM »
Therefore I'm not loyal to any supplier, or dealer.  I've learned hard lessons during my lifetime, and somehow discovered the only way not to get disappointed is not to rely on anyone other than yourself.

Very noble. But I'm curious.  How does that help the rest of us to buy Kymco parts?

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2019, 12:43:16 AM »
I get some of my service parts from Taiwan Big Scooter Shop and Racing Planet/eBay for specific parts.
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2019, 09:05:54 AM »
I get some of my service parts from Taiwan Big Scooter Shop . . .

Hey, big thumbs up for the Taiwan link!  This looks useful (they speak English, but don't show the Kymco parts diagrams). The only other place I've been able to find my Kymco parts is in France.  They have the diagrams, but I don't speak French!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()