Author Topic: Oil Filters  (Read 2049 times)

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Oil Filters
« on: November 07, 2017, 05:51:13 PM »
Does any one know of an oil filter that fits a DT300i that can be bought from Walmart? The only one that I've found is a Hiflo 566 and I have to drive fifty miles to get one. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks guys
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Oil Filters
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:33:41 PM »
Get that HF566 from Motorcycle superstore, Mac!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:11:13 PM »
Thanks Karl. They are online every where, but we are getting reluctant to put a card number on an unsecured line. I wish there were a safe way to shop on line. I change my Mobil 1 10-40w every 6 months or every 4000 miles WCF. I doubt that I put even 1,000 miles on it in that time. I think I may go to a oil filter change every other time. One thing I know, Walmart doesn't have anything any way close to a HiFlo 566. Later bud
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 10:32:49 PM »
Any trustworthy website will encrypt your information over the line.

If you use an up to date version of Firefox, there's an "i" to the left of the url that will give you more information about this. As well as a padlock symbol if the website is encrypted. It'll also block unencrypted elements on the page.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2017, 02:28:36 AM »
Thanks hypophthalmus. Nothing to do with my PC is up to date. I'm still using XP and google chrome. I hope to get off this little speck of cosmic dust before  artificial intelligence completely dominates. I'm a simple person with a simple mind and too tired and lazy to catch up, but I do admire you folks who understand all this stuff.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 02:50:31 AM »
I almost never use my credit cards online ...but have been using paypal for a very long time. If they don't take paypal, I buy elsewhere.
Ebay with paypal is very secure.
(amazed at  hardware i can find on ebay...need 2 specific sized bolts to remove cvt cover on a Burgman >> buy 2 with free shipping on ebay)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 03:17:47 AM »
Tom, you are aware that the scammers have mastered Pay Pal. You cannot except PP for anything sold on Craigslist. Pay Pal was the best way and probably the most secure way to shop on line at one time and as you said using PP on Ebay, is still about as safe as it gets. If we lived in a perfect world where every one was honest then PP would be the way to go. There is no, or will there ever be, a completely safe way to transfer funds with total peace of mind. Those scammers work night and day to stay ahead of the game. Sadly, online shopping is the wave of the future  and it is playing right into their hands. That's just my opinion and we know what that's worth
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2017, 12:56:14 AM »
ebay has them for $6 and change, postage included.
2009 GV 250

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2017, 05:26:50 AM »
Thanks stuo
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2017, 06:58:50 PM »
Hey Mac, you said it: "I'm too lazy and tired" to learn this new fangled cumpooter stuff.

I used to repair TV sets when they had vacuum tubes (valves to you furiners) but nowadays they keep inventing new stuff so damn fast I just give up. What's with this "fuel rejection"? What happened to carba-later's?

Here's a tip: If you are having trouble with your cumpooter, ask a six year old.
2009 GV 250

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2017, 09:41:18 PM »
Thanks Karl. They are online every where, but we are getting reluctant to put a card number on an unsecured line. I wish there were a safe way to shop on line. I change my Mobil 1 10-40w every 6 months or every 4000 miles WCF. I doubt that I put even 1,000 miles on it in that time. I think I may go to a oil filter change every other time. One thing I know, Walmart doesn't have anything any way close to a HiFlo 566. Later bud

Hey Mac. If you're comfortable doing so, you could call them and place your order over the phone.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/8/mngr/contact-us.aspx
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2017, 11:30:29 PM »
I have done that Mr Paul and felt some what safer, but anytime you let another person have your card number, for any reason, you are putting yourself at risk. Most banks are now including languish in their banking rules that protect them from any loss that a customer might incur while using their bank credit/debit cards. I have been warned about allowing a waitress'or waiter taking my card out of my sight when paying for a meal.  At any rate I rode the fifty miles today and bought 2 Hiflo 566 oil filters, so I'm good to go for awhile. Rode the DT and turned in into a fun trip, Around 60 degrees and sunny. The credit card monster didn't get me today ;D
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »
I have done that Mr Paul and felt some what safer, but anytime you let another person have your card number, for any reason, you are putting yourself at risk. Most banks are now including languish in their banking rules that protect them from any loss that a customer might incur while using their bank credit/debit cards. I have been warned about allowing a waitress'or waiter taking my card out of my sight when paying for a meal.  At any rate I rode the fifty miles today and bought 2 Hiflo 566 oil filters, so I'm good to go for awhile. Rode the DT and turned in into a fun trip, Around 60 degrees and sunny. The credit card monster didn't get me today ;D

I completely understand Mac. 60 degrees and sunny is my kind of weather!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2017, 06:12:11 PM »
I concur with Stig and trust ebay to protect me. The merchants on ebay will be evicted if there is any whiff of a scam, let alone less then five star ratings. I know from experience, having been scammed years ago: my $50 was refunded by ebay and that seller was vanquished. Amazon is also very protective of its users.
2009 GV 250

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2017, 09:17:30 PM »
P.S. On the subject of scammers using your credit card: According to an article in Kiplinger's you can "freeze" your credit by contacting Equifax and then nobody can open an account in your name. I'm too lazy to do it so I watch my bills for anything suspicious. I spoze being paranoid doesn't mean nobody is trying to scam you...if that makes sense.
2009 GV 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()