Author Topic: Off Road Body Armor Customers  (Read 1590 times)

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
Off Road Body Armor Customers
« on: August 12, 2017, 03:13:28 AM »
I want to take the time to thank all of our customers on here. As most of you know ORBA takes a lot of pride manufacturing accessories for the Kymco UXV 450i and Arctic Cats. A lot of customers have sent in photos of their 450's that I would like to share on here. Thanks again and I look forward to continuing to develop accessories for future Kymco models.

Visit our website
Www.offroadbodyarmor.com

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

poorboy1964

• View Profile
Re: Off Road Body Armor Customers
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2017, 02:34:44 PM »
They all look great you do good work. Any plans for products for the 700?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 01:02:30 AM »
Where does the front bumper bolt to the frame?

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 01:04:41 AM »
They all look great you do good work. Any plans for products for the 700?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks man, if Kymco could tell me they would be producing that vehicle for another 5 years, I probably would, but I would imagine a redesign is in store for them being that the 500/700 hasn't changed in almost ten yrs.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 01:09:15 AM »
Here is a video I did awhile back on how it attaches. We've made it super simple.

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 01:31:18 AM »

Love the rock sliders. 

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:47:03 AM »
Thanks Kurt! That red one on the rock...wow what a rock crawling machine! Lol that was the same day the tree kicker/rock sider on the right side took a hard hit and came loose. Since then I took the right side of the plastics off exposing the frame rail and drilled all the way through where the three self taping screws where in the mounting tabs for the tree kickers. Ran a bolt all the way through. Now it can't come off. Hine sight though it's so solid now I wonder if the same thing occurred that knocked it off in the first place happened again I guess there's a possibility it could bend something. If the left side ever comes off I'll do the same to it.  Any new products in he works for the 450? Front rack?? Skid plates??? Kymco has full set of skids now but they are pricey. 600 some dollars! Maybe I'll get that slim roof and windshield like on yours one of these days. Perhaps after the baby gets here in the next three weeks! Christmas times a coming right!

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 03:53:05 AM »

Love the rock sliders.
Thanks man, we need to get some bumpers and a roof on that rig. I'm also a rep for Pacific Eagle UTV enclosures so let me know when you're ready for a windshield for your UXV450i and I can get you a better deal on them.

Here is a link to the windshields and enclosures.

http://www.pacificeagleutv.com/kymco-450

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 04:03:42 AM »
Thanks Kurt! That red one on the rock...wow what a rock crawling machine! Lol that was the same day the tree kicker/rock sider on the right side took a hard hit and came loose. Since then I took the right side of the plastics off exposing the frame rail and drilled all the way through where the three self taping screws where in the mounting tabs for the tree kickers. Ran a bolt all the way through. Now it can't come off. Hine sight though it's so solid now I wonder if the same thing occurred that knocked it off in the first place happened again I guess there's a possibility it could bend something. If the left side ever comes off I'll do the same to it.  Any new products in he works for the 450? Front rack?? Skid plates??? Kymco has full set of skids now but they are pricey. 600 some dollars! Maybe I'll get that slim roof and windshield like on yours one of these days. Perhaps after the baby gets here in the next three weeks! Christmas times a coming right!
Congrats on the soon to come new addition.  It's going to be life changing.  I'm sure you'll be spending your extra money on diapers instead of accessories though..lol.

I started ORBA Jan. 2016 which was a few months before my son was born, with the intentions of having something to carry onto my son when he gets older if he's interested. Needless to say he's been there for every step of this start up business, whether it be him sleeping on the seat of my Kymco while I box accessories up,  or him tossing all the nuts and bolts everywhere while I am trying to assemble doors. Wouldn't change it for the world. 

jasonrbitt

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 11:58:26 AM »
Thanks man, we need to get some bumpers and a roof on that rig. I'm also a rep for Pacific Eagle UTV enclosures so let me know when you're ready for a windshield for your UXV450i and I can get you a better deal on them.

Hopefully soon.  I also have a 3 month old at home.  Lol.  Really like the looks of your half front bumper.  Probably go with that. 

I have also thought about a skid.   I was the one they build from Kymco for 600. That's a little steep.   I'm going to check on the cost of aluminum and see about making my own.  I may look into a sheet of uhmw as well.

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 01:48:03 PM »

Just to add a bit to this the Front brush guard is at most a one man - five minute install and rock solid. Just my .02
(add two minutes to get the stock bracket off) 

kickstart

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2017, 01:58:41 PM »
Kurt,
  I will be getting some pics to you within the next week or so.
I have her apart now the oil screen cover developed a leak and I'm waiting for the o'ring to come in. (I'll be making my own o'rings from now on)
 I decided to take all the skid plates off and remove about 30 lbs of dried mud. I'm doing the Airshot style mud flaps and mounting the tree kickers with better hardware.

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2017, 02:18:10 PM »
Sweet, I look forward to seeing your pics. Wow That's a lot of mud that got up in there. Kymco may want to take some notes from this issue the 450 has and figure out how to cover those holes up from the factory on newer models.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2017, 04:37:29 PM »

Hey Kurt,   I see the pics of the hard side doors on the 450i, do you know anything about them.  I am interested in putting side doors on for the winter months, not sure the soft doors would stand up to trail riding in the winter. I have the factory roof and my own 2pc folding windshield so they will need to fit that. Need not be a perfect seal just enough to keep the serious wind out. Thanks and keep up the good work...

Airshot

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 04:44:02 PM »

Hopefully soon.  I also have a 3 month old at home.  Lol.  Really like the looks of your half front bumper.  Probably go with that. 

I have also thought about a skid.   I was the one they build from Kymco for 600. That's a little steep.   I'm going to check on the cost of aluminum and see about making my own.  I may look into a sheet of uhmw as well.

Might want to rethink the alum skid plates, they bend quite easily unless you go super heavy alum and that adds a lot of weight. On my machine I had to make a frame to mount my winch mounting plate which I remove with 6 bolts in the summer. That additional frame which weighs little creates additional support to the plastic skid plate and adds 6 more bolts to help support the skid plate. I have slid over some pretty nasty rocks with it with no damage due to the additional support.  Overall added weight is less than 20 lbs. Keep in mind plastic slides over objects where metal dents and causes hangups, just ask the users unless your going super heavy duty and I am not sure I would want to add that much weight.  Just some food for thought !!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()