Author Topic: Anybody get a plow for their 450i?  (Read 2016 times)

2015uxv450

• View Profile
Anybody get a plow for their 450i?
« on: August 12, 2016, 02:15:33 AM »
If so how well does it work and where can I find one?

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Anybody get a plow for their 450i?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2016, 02:25:31 AM »
   I bought a plow with my machine last January, had to create my own frame to attach to the Kymco frame as the fit all mount was worthless.  My plow is a quad boss pile driver unit, quite heavy duty and well built. The problem is we never received enough snow last year to try it out. I did push some stone around in my stone driveway but that wasn't much. Will have to wait for this winter to see how well it does. I am expecting great things with the plow as I used a 300cc atv for the past 16 years to plow more than 200 ft of 20' wide drive and it had no problem as long as the drifts were nor big. One year I had a 4' drifts along the drive and had to have a skid steer come in to remove them, another year I had some 2-3' drifts and bought a big snow blower to bust thru those but for 90% of my snow removal I did use the atv.  I do see the UTV being much more user friendly when it comes to plowing snow than the atv, much easier to steer a wheel than turn the handlebars while operating a plow blade.

2015uxv450

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2016, 12:12:02 AM »
I am thinking of getting one for my 450. Just have a hard time justifying the $800 to the wife

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2016, 01:08:50 AM »
  Well if you live in an area that gets frequent snow then it is worthwhile. Let her shovel snow this year...that might change her mind!  After spending all that money on a SxS to begin with, whats another 800?  Heck I have a small sno-blower and a large sno-blower and a plow blade on my SxS, I am ready for anything.  My wife wasn't happy when I spent 900 for a large sno-blower either until she got stuck in the driveway when I wasn't home, after that she never said another word about my toys. I have always worked two and sometimes three jobs to pay for my toys and yes I have a bunch of them.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2016, 01:53:43 AM »
I've gone the plowing route,ar one time, I had a Dodge Ram 50 4x4with a Fisher 6' plow, I could go thru as deep of snow as the guys with the big trucks, mostly cause I wasn't pushin a 8 or 9 foot plow, I could also get into tighter spaces as well, but does not suit my needs, I have retaining walls, after one good heavy dumping there is no place to put the snow, Snowblower was my solution, up and over the retaining walls

I have a Honda HS1132TAS
RandyO
IBA#9560

2015uxv450

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2016, 01:41:37 AM »
  Well if you live in an area that gets frequent snow then it is worthwhile. Let her shovel snow this year...that might change her mind!  After spending all that money on a SxS to begin with, whats another 800?  Heck I have a small sno-blower and a large sno-blower and a plow blade on my SxS, I am ready for anything.  My wife wasn't happy when I spent 900 for a large sno-blower either until she got stuck in the driveway when I wasn't home, after that she never said another word about my toys. I have always worked two and sometimes three jobs to pay for my toys and yes I have a bunch of them.

Funny thing is. I bought the sxs in February. And the finance company still hasn't got the paperwork from the dealership, so I haven't had to make a payment. Both dealership and finance company say there is nothing they can do, and that I just need to wait it out. When the bill finally comes it will be for 1 months bill. But the reason she doesn't want me to buy the plow is because we are selling our house and building another , so money is tight.

But new house is gonna have a 750' driveway. And I'm probably looking at 50-75$ a storm to clear it. At that amount the plow would pay for itself in one season

SuperHeliDave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2016, 12:20:27 PM »
I bought and installed the universal plow from Cabelas. Works great, used it all last year.
It can always be climbed.....

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2016, 10:35:21 PM »
I bought and installed the universal plow from Cabelas. Works great, used it all last year.

I had to make my own mount to attach to the frame and just wondering what other plow mounts look like. Any chance of getting a pic of the way it is attached to the frame?   Just looking at other ideas in case I need to make modifications to mine. Thanks

2015uxv450

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 12:30:41 AM »

Thanks. I have actually looked at that one and probably will buy it. Is that the 60" or 72" model? I'm leaning towards the 72" but not sure how well the 450 will like it

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 06:26:34 PM »

I just bought the 60" plow from Cabelas, should be receiving it soon.  Wondering if anyone has installed it and if they had to mod the skid plate or remove it totally?  If removing it totally do you think that is bad for the underneath?

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 02:37:28 AM »
    I would look carefully and see what modifications need to be made....worse case scenario is to buy another skid plate so you have a modded one for plowing and a stock one for summer. Not sure I would want all that snow getting up inside around the cv joints for front axles.
   My plow is mid mounted and the plow mount itself is removed after plow season is done. The actual mount hangs down about 1.5 inches but it does make the plow blade a simple snap on and snap off, with little effort. I remove the mount plate after plowing season is done so I have nothing hanging below the skid plate, it only means removing 6 bolts and it drops right off, then add 6 bolts with round heads back into the mount holes and the internal frame adds extra support to the plastic skid plate. Mine was extra work to design and build the mid frame section but the added support and strength of the mid mount plow it so worth the effort.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()