Author Topic: Good luck America  (Read 13298 times)

gregspeople250

• View Profile
Re: Good luck America
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2017, 11:27:59 PM »
He did not win the general election.
He IS a loser in so many ways, and, yes he won the college vote.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »
Yes, our choices have consequences. But I keep reminding myself that God ultimately is in control. Yes, I'm disappointed. But I'm not distraught. Anyway, I agree with his position on about TWO issues. Maybe those issues will be addressed and he won't be able to do much of the stuff that I feel will be harmful for us as a nation.
This passage of scripture gives me comfort whenever we have a political leader who I'm not comfortable with. I know that many times they will turn from their original (perhaps harmful) intentions because of this.

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2017, 03:23:36 PM »
This is why I LOVE you guys. We can even discuss HOT TOPICS respectfully and with civility.

More people need to ride scooters. Lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2017, 03:58:44 PM »
He did not win the general election.
He IS a loser in so many ways, and, yes he won the college vote.

College vote ?  No...  people with an education were smarter than that. Majority of his votes were said to have come from non-educated females (gee, I thought we females were supposed to be the smarter gender) .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2017, 05:33:23 PM »
Yes, our choices have consequences. But I keep reminding myself that God ultimately is in control. Yes, I'm disappointed. But I'm not distraught. Anyway, I agree with his position on about TWO issues. Maybe those issues will be addressed and he won't be able to do much of the stuff that I feel will be harmful for us as a nation.
This passage of scripture gives me comfort whenever we have a political leader who I'm not comfortable with. I know that many times they will turn from their original (perhaps harmful) intentions because of this.

Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, Like the rivers of water; He turns it wherever He wishes.

Well stated! I will quote the Gospel according to Kymco: "Ridest thou thy scooter more, and thou shalt not have time to bicker over stupid crap, for thou wilst be enjoying the ride, verily."
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2017, 07:12:23 PM »
Thanks Forbes for the Godly wisdom. And thanks GVL for the belly laugh!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2017, 07:15:06 PM »
Well stated! I will quote the Gospel according to Kymco: "Ridest thou thy scooter more, and thou shalt not have time to bicker over stupid crap, for thou wilst be enjoying the ride, verily."

Love the Gospel of St. Scooterus ! ;D
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2017, 01:09:45 AM »
I love what President Reagan said, and I quote: "you think it is a matter of left or right, but may I suggest to you, that it is not a matter of left or right, because there is only an up or down. It's just that simple." pretty much sums up our country, wouldn't you say.......

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2017, 03:43:29 PM »

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2017, 05:05:07 PM »
http://www.centralmaine.com/2017/01/27/five-people-close-to-trump-appear-on-dual-voting-rolls/
A person can be registered in two States, as long as they only vote once in only one of the states that they are registered in.  Years ago, Chicago had a very well known reputation of having dead people voting.
Talk about getting out the vote. That being said, do I think there was massive voter fraud, I doubt it. 
Do I believe more people turned out for Obamas inauguration than Trumps with out a doubt by maybe 1/3 more. Trump has to get over himself.

I have always liked and believed this quote.
'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'
To me the above quote encompasses the Bernie Sander's supporters in a nutshell.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2017, 06:52:16 PM »
Here's another quote that I love: "I'd rather live my entire life believing that there is a GOD and then die and find out I was wrong, than to live my entire life believing that there is no GOD and then die and find out that I was wrong." Also Albert Einstein once said, "it is the nature of man to reject that which he does not understand."

Mac

Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2017, 07:10:18 PM »
I like the quote 'A lot of religious chaps try to use every opportunity to shovel their beliefs down the throat of all and sundry whether they like it or not - but you don't. Well done!'

Snorvicus 29-01-17

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2017, 08:32:20 PM »
A person can be registered in two States, as long as they only vote once in only one of the states that they are registered in.  Years ago, Chicago had a very well known reputation of having dead people voting.
Talk about getting out the vote. That being said, do I think there was massive voter fraud, I doubt it. 
Do I believe more people turned out for Obamas inauguration than Trumps with out a doubt by maybe 1/3 more. Trump has to get over himself.

I have always liked and believed this quote.
'A democracy is always temporary in nature; it simply cannot exist as a permanent form of government. A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates who promise the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed by a dictatorship.'
To me the above quote encompasses the Bernie Sander's supporters in a nutshell.

Great quote. Here's one of my faves:

https://www.facebook.com/anxfreedom/photos/a.369209113264748.1073741830.357615034424156/669928679859455/?type=3&theater

Doc Wheezer

• Silently riding armed through the Mojave Desert.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2017, 01:27:49 AM »
Here's another quote that I love: "I'd rather live my entire life believing that there is a GOD and then die and find out I was wrong, than to live my entire life believing that there is no GOD and then die and find out that I was wrong." Also Albert Einstein once said, "it is the nature of man to reject that which he does not understand."

Mac
Worth repeating Mac.
I won't go into it now, but not only do I believed,  but I know.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2017, 07:03:49 AM »
You pegged me Snorvey, I am a religious chap, but henceforth I will restrict my comments, on this board, to scootering, in the interest of preserving peace and unity among my fellow scooterist., (had to invent a couple of words here) , luv 2 all

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()