Author Topic: Good luck America  (Read 13293 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Re: Good luck America
« Reply #75 on: February 10, 2017, 05:13:03 PM »
Bluesin, I heard someone here mention someone's dad was ill, but I didn't know it was your dad. I said a prayer for however it was. Glad he is coming home and is feeling better.
Snorvey, you are too much. That joke isn't far from the truth. While describing a redneck, I forgot to mention, his mouth and beard are always full of tobacco juice. gross   
We had a story going round at CHristmas about a redneck's wife nagging him to hang the lights on the house, then there was a picture of a tangled  ball of lights hung on the entrance to the carport. When he returned home that evening, she told him how much she appreciated him hanging the lights. She said, in appreciation, she had washed his truck. The next picture showed an old Ford pick-up in the swimming pool. Humor is good for the soul. cheers to all

Mac

Thank you.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 10, 2017, 08:13:41 PM »
I need to visit America someday. The problem is that it's so big and it's difficult to know where to focus one's attention.

New York.....Grand Canyon....Orlando/Florida etc....Route 66....Boston...Vegas.....California. The list goes on.

I think New York is probably a must see for a first timer no? Florida seems a bit touristy and garish, same with Vegas.

So Americans, where would you suggest?
It really depends on what you are interested in.  Personally I'd skip New York unless you want to see a big crowded city.  I lived in Florida a couple of times.  Unless you are a beach person not much to see there and it's way too hot and humid.  I have lived on all four coasts and ten different states.  There is cool stuff to see all over the country but if you want jaw dropping scenery go out west.  Utah is my favorite and has by far the most national parks and national monuments of any state.  I did a ride back in 2015 in New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado.  I did a ride report and took a lot of pictures.  The link is here: http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/southwest-by-versys.1066154/

Some samples of the scenery in those states:

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2017, 12:53:54 AM »
Klaviator, great pics, and thanks for posting. Okay, that’s a tough act to follow. Wish I had seen more of Utah when I was there not counting the view from the airport.

I’ll just add traveling down the Pacific Coast Highway from Washington to California is an epic ride too.

- Wolf

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2017, 12:17:22 PM »
I think I'll need to either retire, take a long sabbatical from work or pull the mother of all sickies to really appreciate what the US has to offer.

Thanks for the pics. Very inspiring.

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2017, 12:25:19 PM »
Hey son, your dad's the most powerful man in the world. How do feel about that?

..if your a good boy, I'll let you play with my Global Thermonuclear Warfare computer game - it's so realistic!

Pics from

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38985466/awkward-photos-of-politicians-with-school-children-there-are-many

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2017, 10:56:28 PM »
Monday is President's Day.

Good luck with that. It's going to be beautiful.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 18, 2017, 01:14:01 AM »
Its going to be huuuuge!
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 08, 2017, 07:48:58 PM »
The BBC has a few beautiful nightime pictures of some small American towns on it's website today.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-39040237

It might be of interest to some?

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 08, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »
Thanks for the link Snorvey. I really liked the photos. There are some really unique places and people in the western U.S.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2017, 06:18:03 AM »
The BBC has a few beautiful nightime pictures of some small American towns on it's website today.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-39040237

It might be of interest to some?
Very interesting article and shots, Snorvey. I love photographing old buildings at night, so I really appreciated it. Thanks for posting!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()