Author Topic: Please help - Larger Windscreen?  (Read 7094 times)

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
Please help - Larger Windscreen?
« on: July 04, 2016, 10:58:26 PM »
 I just ordered the GIVI windscreen today.  I have around 1700 km's on my bike now and I would say about 70% of these KM's were very uncomfortable riding due to winds that were only between 15 and 20 km an hour.  I was getting alot of my head being thrown around and when side winds came at me well it caused me to put my hazard lights on!  Very uncomfortable ride.  Is it possible that my top box is part of the problem?   Tell me will this new shield help?  Will I lose much speed? :) Thanks, Kathryn.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 11:11:24 PM by Nireen999 »
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

mnpugdog

• View Profile
Re: Please help - Larger Windscreen?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:22:58 AM »
When I added the Givi I noticed a huge advantage. There is a lot less of the head being tossed around with the Givi. Plus the design takes a lot of the wind off the hands too. I also have a top box on and there are only certain times with a cross breeze that I get slightly tossed but totally controllable. You are going to love it. And don't worry about speed. I have no issues getting it up to 80mph+ on the freeways with my 220 lbs on it and there is still plenty of extra power left to over take if I needed too.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2016, 01:26:48 AM by mnpugdog »

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2016, 07:30:43 AM »
I agree, I have the Givi windscreen on my DT300. I love it!! Much taller than the stock screen and it protects the hands a bit as well. Your speed will not be affected, I've had it up to 80-85mph and still had a little throttle left. You are going to like the Givi

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2016, 08:30:14 AM »
AWE thank you both!  That makes me very happy to know.  My goodness I am only 100 pounds and if that wind blows any harder I may leave the dang bike behind! LOL It really is bad to the point of having to have my hazard lights on. Geeez I should have my new shield tomorrow! I am heading for a 6 hours trip to see my mom and dad on Sunday.  I don't mind losing some speed as long as I am not being blown around.  I took my top box of yesterday to see if this helps any.  Thanks :)
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2016, 08:39:38 AM »
 ;D
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2016, 03:19:40 AM »
I did the Givi Windscreen.  It did a great job but what I did not like was the no air area.  The Givi deflected the wind higher so there was no air movement around my helmet.  Which caused a problem for me.  There was no fresh air going thru my helmet.  So I switched back to the Kymco windscreen   
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2016, 04:32:43 AM »
Were you using a full face helmet?
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

RubenC

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2016, 03:05:55 AM »
I wear a modular helmet.  I travel all over the Fort Worth-Dallas  area.
From the Great Nation called Texas. Oops I mean the Great State called Texas

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2016, 08:36:39 AM »
I don't think I got the GIVI after all but have this one you see attached.  The second one in by KAPPA company. I think I love the screen so far.  Today I shall get on the highway and see what I have here.
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2016, 11:01:19 AM »
I think that isw it, though maybe a repackage. D294ST is the proper model number too.

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2016, 11:15:36 AM »
This is my new shield by Kappa
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

TANWare

• E3.38, RP oil Eng & FD, Dr Pulley 20x12 14 gr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2016, 04:33:37 PM »
Other than the Kappa logo it looks to be the same. Thanks for the pic, it seems to be a bit higher than I want and I may have to cut it down a bit. I would be fine about 2" higher than stock but I understand it is 6" higher. I want to keep the top of the plexiglass slight below eye sight.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 05:37:20 PM by TANWare »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2016, 10:26:54 PM »
AWE thank you both!  That makes me very happy to know.  My goodness I am only 100 pounds and if that wind blows any harder I may leave the dang bike behind! LOL It really is bad to the point of having to have my hazard lights on. Geeez I should have my new shield tomorrow! I am heading for a 6 hours trip to see my mom and dad on Sunday.  I don't mind losing some speed as long as I am not being blown around.  I took my top box of yesterday to see if this helps any.  Thanks :)

are you in Winnipeg the windy city

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2016, 07:23:50 AM »
I could tell , just by looking at it, that's a little shorter than the Givi . My Givi windscreen, is at least 6" taller than the stock screen. I'm not positive, but I want to say it's 7.5" taller . I'm not sure if the new windscreen will help, if your getting blown around. Especially from cross winds. I hope it helps you,though. Ride safe!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nireen999

• SCOOTER GIRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2016, 11:18:51 AM »
Well I am looking through it.  It is about 6 or 7 inches taller than the original one I had. I hope it works for me too!
SCOOTER GIRL ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()