Author Topic: Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems  (Read 20860 times)

pmachine

• View Profile
Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems
« on: October 11, 2009, 09:27:12 PM »
I recently installed a 70 cc big bore kit on my friends vitality  I  changed the jet to a 95 and put in a cold plug /variator weights/tuned exhaust/clutch springs/ and the problem is i get about 20 minutes of riding out of it and then it just quits leave it sit for a minute and it will start but very hard to start then i can ride again for about 5 minutes and quits again even did it with a 85 jet and problem still there .driving me nuts any help would be just awesome thanks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 11:19:13 PM »
Pull the spark plug and see what color it is. Post back w/ the results, there are a lot of people here that can help.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 12:54:52 AM »
i did it looks just like it did when i put it in no change looks like just a little rich i changed it from the stock BR8HSA to the BR9HS plug the stock one was too hot so i changed it and still same problem i also thought it was vapour locking but last time it quit i pulled drain plug out of carb and there was fuel
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 01:01:02 AM by pmachine »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 02:13:24 AM »
I'm running a BR8 w/ no trouble. Vapor lock will NOT occur w/ a gravity fed system. Perhaps you switched the oil injector line w/ the intake manifold vacume line!The scoot will run for a short while, w/ no damage, but only a short while. That's most likely it!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 02:18:04 AM »
i dont think i changed them the fuel vac to the manifold and the oil injector line to the slide on side if carb is this right also malossi sent the wrong reed valves with the kit so i am using the stock ones could this be the problem and they say in the instalation manual to move the carb pin up to the third notch but this carb does not have a adjustable pin on the slide in the carb
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 02:29:31 AM by pmachine »

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2009, 03:33:44 PM »
I recently installed a 70 cc big bore kit on my friends vitality  I  changed the jet to a 95 and put in a cold plug /variator weights/tuned exhaust/clutch springs/ and the problem is i get about 20 minutes of riding out of it and then it just quits leave it sit for a minute and it will start but very hard to start then i can ride again for about 5 minutes and quits again even did it with a 85 jet and problem still there .driving me nuts any help would be just awesome thanks

..both the 85 and 95 jets seem aweful small for a 70cc bb kit...I'm running a 105 in my Agility 50 4t with nothing more than a high-flow air filter...

..was using an 85 when I had the stock filter...
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 03:37:27 PM by wordslinger »
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »
i have a 95 with the stock filter

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »
I have had the same trouble with both the cdi, and the stator. These componants will SOMETIMES give the exact symptoms you are showing. The next time it stalls out on you check for spark right away. If this is the problem, look for the service manual, and it will have a section containing the resistance values for testing these parts. You will have to test both when cold, and as soon as it stalls to find which part is at fault.

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2009, 08:23:50 PM »
it wont seem to start with the electric starter after it dies but if you kick start it it will sometimes go but takes a few kicks

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2009, 08:13:33 PM »
That is pointing even more to the cdi. While you are using the elec start you are drawing down the voltage to the cdi. The kick start will let it get the full 12v. I just posted for someone else you can get e full derestricted cdi from Suitai ( they make the cdi for Kymco) Look them up on the web to get the contact info.

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2009, 09:41:13 PM »
Thanx alot guys for all your help it sure sounds to be cdi problem but my friend didnt believe me so he took it to a shop now and they said it is fuel related but i think they are wrong .... i think it is the cdi to because it just losses spark..  I want to thank all you guys for your help
P

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2009, 12:06:48 AM »
Please post back w/ the result. It will surely help someone else!

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 12:31:33 AM »
you bet i surely will

pmachine

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2009, 03:41:07 AM »
well this is what his machanic did for him   He put the old 85 jet back in and cleaned the idle circut ans said that it was all good he hasnt riden this scoot very far yet so we will have to see what happens he said that it was running rich and and that a hiflow air cleaner would just get mud on it and chock it out more lol   Im bettin he will burn a hole in the piston inside a week will keep ya posted

Shaka

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2009, 04:23:20 AM »
85 seems quite a bit small for a 70cc!  Mine wouldn't even run with a 85 in it.  I'm at 115 now with a 19mm Arreche.  My K&N air filter stays pretty clean, considering it's location.  The great thing is they still have excellent flow even when filthy!  I have yet to clean mine after nearly 6 months and it still flows great.  Post back with results, I'm not much of a bettin man, but odds are looking pretty good! ;)  I think I would go with CDI as well!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()