Author Topic: Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems  (Read 20861 times)

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
Re: Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2009, 10:27:12 AM »
85 seems quite a bit small for a 70cc!  Mine wouldn't even run with a 85 in it.  I'm at 115 now with a 19mm Arreche.  My K&N air filter stays pretty clean, considering it's location.  The great thing is they still have excellent flow even when filthy!  I have yet to clean mine after nearly 6 months and it still flows great.  Post back with results, I'm not much of a bettin man, but odds are looking pretty good! ;)  I think I would go with CDI as well!

..i've cleaned mine once since I installed it...and just yesterday, I was fooling around with my idle speed...decided to just take the filter off to see what happened...made no difference at all in the idle speed...

...hope pm's piston holds out..I was running a 85 jet when I was all stock...
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Malosi 70cc big bore kit problems
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2009, 10:42:59 PM »
I was working on a starter problem in a 82 Harley fat boy, I found it had the wrong Jack shaft in the side cover. I told my buddy to contact his mechanic to find out if the part had been swapped. Well It was replaced, ( by the mechanic) Who then stated That he did not work on boats, and what was I doing working on a Harley. " the shaft Is NOT the problem" . Well  6-7 more trips to the dealer, And low and behold "THEY" found the jack shaft was the wrong part. Guess they forgot the prior conversation. I'm not sure if they told my boy about all the "mud"... I guess the point is give 'em enough rope...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()