Author Topic: Kymco, loyal or not so loyal?  (Read 6463 times)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Kymco, loyal or not so loyal?
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2014, 06:51:43 PM »
1974 was a long time ago.
Never said my Forza was faster than a Downtown, don't care either way, both are fast enough to maintain the UK legal limit of 70mph with a bit in reserve.
KPH speedos just do my head in.
Lexmoto is a brand of cheap Chinese manufactured scooters, even they manage to fit their £1100 Vienna model with a digidash, so Kymco have no excuse fitting KPH speedos to UK market higher end scooters like the £4300 Downtown.

You're a contradiction. You don't care about the top end but a "must" is 90 mph, way over that legal 75, is a must. Hmmm. Now it's a digi dash, really.......

Now check this out. Here's the "excuse" for not giving you a MPH based speedo. You're on the freaking metric system over there. Pretty good reason for sending KPH.

Here's what we see in the US

This is a Kymco forum on and I will defend the shield. Lol.

The Forza is a great scoot and fits in well with the other overweight, bulbous maxi scooter offerings from Honda. As hard as it tries it falls short of the Downtown on ever level.

Just my .02. I know you love those Hondas I've seen your carry the flag . Good luck with it its a great scoot.

It's just no DT300i ! ;)

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2014, 07:22:48 PM »
Millions of kymcos sold world wide, gotta be doing something right. I'm in lust with my movie 150 and it's a quality scoot. I think one reason the Movie costs a lil more is because it's made in Taiwan and it feels quality and looks it..........my experience with the like 200i I'll chalk up to a 1 time lemon. It's not like Stig's where he put 7k on the road then it happened, this one had less than a 100 miles. Dead spot in the throttle response from 25mph to 35mph is totally unacceptable when 60% of the roads I drive on have 30mph to 35mph speed limits. If I'd of taken it in and they said ok we know the problem and we'll fix it then that's not an issue. They didn't fix it or offer to fix it, just acknowledged yea there's a lil issue there you can still drive it. We'll see what Kymco says. That's BS and pissed me off...................I'm done ranting, it's gone.

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 07:28:52 PM »
You're a contradiction. You don't care about the top end but a "must" is 90 mph, way over that legal 75, is a must. Hmmm.

Have another look.
What I actually wrote was "around 90"

Now it's a digi dash, really.......

Never said it must have a digidash, just an instrument which reads in MPH

Now check this out. Here's the "excuse" for not giving you a MPH based speedo. You're on the freaking metric system over there. Pretty good reason for sending KPH.

Maybe after today's vote we'll be switching to kilometres.
But for now in the UK its miles.

This is a Kymco forum on and I will defend the shield. Lol.

The Forza is a great scoot and fits in well with the other overweight, bulbous maxi scooter offerings from Honda. As hard as it tries it falls short of the Downtown on ever level.

Clearly you're a fanboy :lol:
Did I mention the 8000 mile service intervals yet..... :D

Joking aside, I would like to buy a Kymco scooter, there's a lot going for them, but until the UK distributor sorts out the speedos on the Downtown and the colour of the Xciting 400 (Henry Ford option) they won't be seeing any of my ill gotten gains any time soon.
Which is a shame.

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 07:37:21 PM »
Yep I'm a fan boy. I'm a fan of everything that's not Honda, scooter wise anyway.
After years of great service no matter where I was with my Goldwing I was appalled by level of non-service I got with the Swing. In the US scooters take a back seat, way back with motorcycle dealers.

So my .02 is just that, I got an axe to grind , lol.

Be Big,
AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 08:00:27 PM »
Yep I understand how you feel regarding Honda.
Some years ago I came into a small windfall and decided to treat myself to a pair of Shimano Calcutta 700 fishing reels.
These were the dogs bollocks (or so I thought) and cost a fairly substantial amount of cash compared to the likes of similar Penn or ABU reels.
Anywho the fancy Shimano ones repeatedly broke, service centre was unable to effect a lasting repair and I eventually sold them at a big loss.
That was twenty years ago and I have not bought any Shimano gear since.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2014, 08:05:40 PM »
1974 was a long time ago.
Never said my Forza was faster than a Downtown, don't care either way, both are fast enough to maintain the UK legal limit of 70mph with a bit in reserve.
KPH speedos just do my head in.
Lexmoto is a brand of cheap Chinese manufactured scooters, even they manage to fit their £1100 Vienna model with a digidash, so Kymco have no excuse fitting KPH speedos to UK market higher end scooters like the £4300 Downtown.

Kymco Downtown has MPH speedometer ( at least , here , in U.S. ) .

No ABS because of U.S. and various insurance companies ( ignorance ) ... overseas models DO have ABS .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Dolemite

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2014, 08:30:59 PM »
A choice of ANY scooter? Probably a Peugeot Django 150 sport, because it's EFFING GORGEOUS and you can't get them here in the states.

http://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/peugeot-scooters-detail.php/Django-Sport-150cc-48/

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2014, 08:35:14 PM »
Very trim lines. I kinda like that one.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2014, 08:41:36 PM »
Zombie if you ever get a chance to test ride a Movie 150 I suggest you try it. It's awesome!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2014, 08:46:40 PM »
Na!
I'm done w/ scooters. Hard tail choppers are my new play things.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Silent Matters

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 09:23:58 PM »
Did not realize that Kymco Downtown 300 displayed KPH primarily on the meter. Always assumed when I saw it that it was an European model. Am even more surprised that UK uses miles. Not a deal breaker for me, but a bit odd in the US but as someone said, scooters take a backseat to other modes of transportation. I plan on purchasing one within a month or two and hopefully the freezing weather here will not come too soon and be short lived. Work just has me chained down at the moment.

Had money not been a problem, I would still go with the Kymco DT300 because I want a commuter scooters that will give me the power to navigate the city freeways and but also maximize on the fuel economy as I love to tour the backroads and scenic routes. The DT300 all that and a little more. Honda is a close second. Should I ever want to move up with the big Maxis without consideration of fuel economy: BMW C600.
“It's a dangerous business, Frodo, going out your door. You step onto the road, and if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to.” Bilbo

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2014, 03:05:04 AM »
A choice of ANY scooter? Probably a Peugeot Django 150 sport, because it's EFFING GORGEOUS and you can't get them here in the states.

http://www.peugeotscooters.co.uk/peugeot-scooters-detail.php/Django-Sport-150cc-48/

I want that scooter just to rock out to the Django theme every time I hop on haha. Other than the exhaust, that thing is kickass looking.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ts1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2014, 09:27:02 AM »
Due to requirements or an attractive offer, I may become "illoyal".
I recently bought a Husqvarna motorcycle, Kymco just doesn't offer bikes of that category.
But still I have my Kymco scooters and wouldn't mind to buy a scooter from Kymco again.
I wouldn't mind to get a Yamaha TMax 530 or BMW C600 Sport as a gift too.

Wil B.

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2014, 04:03:56 PM »
I want a Peugeot Django!  Awesome.

Well, I'm a Honda fan, but my scooters are Kymcos.  I've had a good experience with both of them.  They offer something different.  Everyone makes a comment.  I like the way they look, the silky controls, the handling, economy, and performance.  And the usefulness!   Not cheap crap, but a feeling of quality. You get your money's worth!

Wil B.
Broadview, IL

'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'91 Honda Nighthawk 750
'04 Kymco Super 9
'10 Kymco Yaget 200gt
Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX
"I am not a number. I'm a FREE MAN!"

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2014, 05:38:38 PM »
In the UK, the speedometer in is KPH not MPH but----the odometer registers in miles.

My Xciting 500 has a button you push to toggle between KPH and miles per hour and the Odometer does the same thing; Kilometers or miles.

I would like the top of the line Vespa 300GT I believe it's called because it's beautiful and I've never had a Vespa, although I had a new Aprilia Atlantic 500, made by Piaggio that owns both companies.

I've had these brand new scooters: 2003 Yamaha Zuma 50cc, 2 stroke, 2003 Honda Reflex 250ABS, 2004 Aprilia Atlantic 500, 2003 Suzuki Burgman 650,2005 Burgman 650,  2007 Burgman 650, 2009 Yamaha T-max 500, Two 2009 Yamaha Zuma 125's and my 2013 Kymco Xciting 500.

Really, nothing else sounds Xciting to me (Pun intended) but the Vespa's always draw my eye when I see one-----However, the dealers are very scarce in the heartland and I've heard horror stories regarding reliability and parts availability.

I will say this and maybe take a ration of poop about it but our Kymco's are seen as only a step up from cheap Chinese poop.

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()