Author Topic: Protect yourself with rear lights  (Read 1734 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Protect yourself with rear lights
« on: September 02, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
I commute to work on my scooter in the dark every day and home in the afternoon.
The forecast was for rain all day today so I took my scooter that has the best lighting package.
I'm really a big fan of this BESTEM 929 top case because of the added safety of its built in LED running lights and brake lights.
With the key on....as running lights.

With the brake lever pulled...more lights plus the case lid lights as well.

The lights wrap around and can be seen from the side.

Top cases from Givi and Shad have lighting kits which can be added to the top case. But usually a mounting plate must be purchased, then the case,  then the lighting kit. These lighted top case outfits can run to over $600 before installation!
This might put  the added safety of a lighted top case beyond the means of a lot of folks. This Bestem sells for about $115, and includes the mounting plate, and lights already installed into the case. 2 members have posted installation tips on this Kymco forum.
http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-TBOX-929-LED-Black-T-Box-Trunk/dp/B0094E0FGM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1409691517&sr=8-2&keywords=bestem+929+top+box

Some riders do not favor adding blinking rear lights, or strobing brake lights - because they might confuse or anger cars behind us. This Bestem just gives you several added LED running lights and increased brake lights. The large black case might also be some protection with its "added presence", as the cars approach.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

mnpugdog

• View Profile
Re: Protect yourself with rear lights
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 02:30:38 PM »
I too love my Bestem top box. My only complaint, and it is a small one, is the tie down straps in the box have all ready gotten a little streached out. But that is minor and I can live with that. The added lights like Stig says more then makes up for the one complaint.

Scootbliss

• View Profile
Re: Protect yourself with rear lights
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 09:22:29 PM »
All thumbs today but I got it working!

Thanks Stig! 

(I can't figure out how to post a photo from my android)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()