Author Topic: Kymco scanner  (Read 4202 times)

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Kymco scanner
« on: September 11, 2014, 06:48:54 PM »
New condition, came in the OEM box and only used once to verify it lit up and menu appeared. $120 shipped or $110 local/Denver. PM me and Ill get back to ya as soon as I can.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: Kymco scanner
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 01:59:21 AM »
Make me a decent offer and we'll play pawn stars. No longer needed with the new scoot that's carbed.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 05:22:25 AM »
Where were you when I paid my dealer over $200 for a new one? Good price for an essentially new scanner! Keep it for when you get even a newer bike with EFI.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2014, 06:56:43 AM »
I'm sure an offer like that will get scooped up quickly. Good lookin' out 2Wheelin.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 05:00:19 AM »
Can this be used to de-restrict a fuel injector?  Just curious, I suspect somehow my fuel injector is limited on my kymco 50i

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 05:32:31 AM »
There is no ecu restriction that can be changed :/
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2015, 06:13:19 AM »
Pull out your injector, and verify the make/model. There are specs on every manufacturers web site that tell the flow rate for any of their parts. You can go to a higher flow rate, and modify your air box/ exhaust to keep up w/ it. The ecu will simply monitor the A/F ratio. Not the amounts.

I'd love to get my greasy mitts on one of those bikes. 8)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2015, 06:53:40 AM »
I just don't imagine the non-restricted 50is act like this.  With smooth boss and no throttle screw it struggles to go over 30 mph.  It seems to have less acceleration than with the restricted boss.  Basically if there is no cdi limiting or fuel injector limiting, i need to find a way to get more power. 

If you went to buy an unrestricted one of these and it acted like this you would not buy it.

They even advertise this as "Motivated by an air-cooled 49.5cc engine that delivers enough power to safely traverse the surface streets of any community", well in my community it struggles to go up hills at 28 mph and pisses off the cars behind me.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2015, 09:39:13 AM »
DOT laws in the US, and Many other countries demand that a 49cc bike is not capable of more than 30mph. It's just the way it is.
The reason you felt better accel from the restricted boss is the lip on it kept the bike in a constant lower gear ratio. Yes you are correct.

The "restriction" of your machine is in the injector flow rate, and the Ign timing curve.

Two things you can do. The first is in my above post, and the second is...
Contact Sutai. They make the CDI's for Kymco.
 I had them custom program a CDI for me a few years ago. It's gonna cost just under 100.00 US but it was worth the money. I still have that CDI, and it still works.

The hard part is finding someone there that speaks English. I had to call 1/2 dozen times till I found a fella that understood exactly what I needed. I needed a Tech, and kept getting secretaries.

Barring all of that... You could always swap out the EFI for a 24mm Carb., and any good CDI. I would think 250.00 for all of your EFI parts would be a quick sell on the forum.  DIBS!!!

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2015, 04:14:05 PM »
Thanks, Zombie, sorry to derail the op post.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
I've derestricted like 5 or 6 59i's, after the boss and throttle screw they did a very solid 35 on dead flat, 40 with a slight downhill. Is a 49cc tho, uphill is going to be slow. If you get 28 up a hill that's AWESOME!!! Idk what kind of hill you have around there, in Portland my zuma constantly slows to 25-28 uphill (light mods). The main restriction on the 50i is the throttle body, it's prolly 15mm max! And zombie, it would be some serious work to convert back to carb everything is tied into the fuel injection. Cdi built into the ecu, you would need a new flywheel, carb,  cdi.... Not impossible but very deep.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

riadat

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2015, 06:59:38 PM »
Maybe since its cold and new scoot with 40 miles it is a bit slow and will speed up to 35-40.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2015, 07:51:05 PM »
All the ones I have de-restricted had less than 100 miles on them......

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2015, 10:09:12 PM »
New condition, came in the OEM box and only used once to verify it lit up and menu appeared. $120 shipped or $110 local/Denver. PM me and Ill get back to ya as soon as I can.
have you sold it yet?  120 shipped sounds good ,.  de dee

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2015, 10:16:48 PM »
Why would you need a flywheel?

Ebay carbs, and CDI's are under 50 bucks. I'm just thinking out loud because I have never even seen one of these bikes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()