Author Topic: Kymco scanner  (Read 4201 times)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Kymco scanner
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2015, 11:57:29 PM »
Have you seen the flywheel on the efi Kymcos? They have multi-pickups and you wouldn't be able to use this as a reliable source for the standard pickup coil, not easily at least. Anything is possible, but it would be a bitch to go back to carb on any of these. If you got a really high end ignition setup then it might have parameters for multi pickup but then your looking at what, like $600 for ignition alone? Lol then a nice carb $100~. If o was gonna go all out on a 50i, first thing would be throttle body and injector swap, i bet anything that'd be 50mph out close to it on flat. The variator needs to be researched, possibly the same as other qmb/kymco style idk. The exhaust is very tiny, the header is pea shooter size, same with the intake manifold. Idk all of that is so expensive, and the efi system would be totally custom after the fact because the kymco one has the ecu attached to the throttle body directly. You could go buy a crate qmb, 4v head, big bore, big carb, for the same as what I listed before haha. Realistically with what the Cimpagno has on it, you can expect maybe 45mph TOPS on flat. The throttle body is so tiny.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2015, 02:42:42 AM »
I never thought about the flywheel but now that you said "multi pickups"... One of them HAS to be a crank sensor so the ecu knows where the crank is in it's rotation.
That's how they establish a base line for variable ignition timing.

I still want one.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 07:41:23 AM »
Anyone looked up a ssr piaggio 50cc. Those are fast............50cc scoots.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 07:42:29 AM »
De dee sent you a pm.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »
The SR 50 has been on my X-Mass list for a few years. I tried taking a few "pot shots" at Santa this year but I didn't realize he has a Kevlar suit. ::)

Maybe next year I'll try a snare on my neighbors roof.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »
SOLD!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 02:31:34 AM »
SWEET!

Who got it (so I can borrow it) ;)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 04:09:42 AM »
I bought it , its 20 below here I will be there soon,.

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 04:31:43 AM »
De dee here's a link to the user manual, scanner didn't come with one. Vesbretta is to be thanked, you'll need to use firefox to access it. Don't know why IE doesn't work.    http://www.enmoto.com/enmotoonline/downloads/Specifications/Kymco/Reparaturanleitung%20Kymco/Downtown_125_i/DT125_13.pdf

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 05:25:04 AM »
I bought it , its 20 below here I will be there soon,.

COOL! I'll have a pot of coffee, and a comfy chair waiting for ya! Glad to see the scanner found a deserving home.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()