Author Topic: Speeds on Agility 50  (Read 28308 times)

MoToFaLcon

• I Fly....
    • View Profile
Re: Speeds on Agility 50
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 08:42:01 PM »
GET HIM!!!!! Lol!!!!  Ive seen some of joeys replies here and there, he seems constipated?  Id suggest he ride slower.  All those bumps take their toll.
WTF, i have a Ninja 650!!

baddi

• Top speed: 38 km/h and fuel economy: 50 km/l
    • View Profile
    • My project fuel injection gallery
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 09:09:45 PM »
The agility 50 is a pretty quick and powerful one if fully derestricted.

With the CDI cut, a malossi multivar (with smooth boss), a malossi x-kevlar belt (2% longer than stock), a free-flow air filter and #84 jet i could hit a stable top speed of 72 km/h (little over 44 mph) @ 9000 rpm, where the limit are after the CDI cut. I will have to mention that i was only 55 kg (120 lb) at the time and i was not using mirrors or having a top-box and that this was with all new parts in the CVT on an engine that had only gone 8000 km (5000 miles). :)
With worn CVT parts, higher weight and more wind resistance i have only been able to hit 65 km/h (40 mph).

All speeds are gps verified.
First Kymco agility 50 (2008) 11.000+ km (dead)
Second kymco agility 50 (2010) 20.000+ km. Project Fuel Injection. Stolen.
Kymco K-pipe 125 (2014) 7400 km.

AylmerFreerider

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2017, 02:02:13 PM »
Baddi is your Agility a 4 stroke or 2 stroke?  Just curious as I am trying to 40mph on the flat out of my 4 stroke 2015 Super 8 50R

Thanks
2015 Super 8 50R
72cc BBK
Polini Hi-Speed with stock boss and 6.5gr rollers
Naruko 1000RPM White Spring
Technigas Silent Pro Exhaust
3 x 1" Air Filter additions to Air Box

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 31, 2017, 04:49:26 PM »
All GPS-verified, same straight road, both way average speed measuring technique, same fuel and oil, carb always tuned speeds:

Derestricted: Variator boss, airbox/intake manifold, cdi cut, different roller weights (5,5gr).

A50 derestricted stock: 63 km/h
A50 derestricted Malossi multivar and #80 jet: 67 km/h
A50, Malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #84 jet: 73 km/h and hit rev limiter (only capable of reaching this speed when tucked in)
A80, 72cc big bore kit, malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #90 jet, camshaft stock: 73 km/h (need to tuck in slightly to reach top speed)
A80, 72cc big bore kit, malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #90 jet, camshaft A9: 73 km/h (Basically almost reach this speed unless headwind is strong-ish)

All done on the same 2007 Kymco agility under the same circumstances. 

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 31, 2017, 09:49:33 PM »
All GPS-verified, same straight road, both way average speed measuring technique, same fuel and oil, carb always tuned speeds:

Derestricted: Variator boss, airbox/intake manifold, cdi cut, different roller weights (5,5gr).

A50, Malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #84 jet: 73 km/h and hit rev limiter (only capable of reaching this speed when tucked in)
A80, 72cc big bore kit, malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #90 jet, camshaft stock: 73 km/h (need to tuck in slightly to reach top speed)
A80, 72cc big bore kit, malossi multivar, drilled open airbox, #90 jet, camshaft A9: 73 km/h (Basically almost reach this speed unless headwind is strong-ish)

I can see you are having fun !
Excellent !

I did not see where you mentioned your pipe. A tuned pipe can be night and day for a 2 stroke and a small bonus for a 4 stroke.

If your carb is easily accessible, and you are having fun with jetting, Perhaps you could try sloshing so RC nitro fuel at it ?
There's quite a number of factors to consider, so it will be necessary and very precise.
An error can easily bring a burned piston, or worse.
Best to have a second carb to set up for running alcohol/nitro fuel.

Take notes of air temp and humidity each time you run.

Try running a search for an 1/8th mile timing light...  an app, or perhaps DIY diagrams ??
Always do your time trial early in the morning...  better air !

I suppose next step in the game is to give nitrous a try.

Or you could try this Budd Fabb link for inspiration !
http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/2008/05/article/salt-addiction-buddfab-streamliner/

redk

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2017, 06:25:21 PM »
I`m definitely having fun with my scooter indeed!  ;D

I`ve ran the stock pipe and a free-flowing Leovince pipe with no difference in the means of performance between them two with the 50cc.
With the 72cc the stock muffler gave slower acceleration (logic, as it`s really blocking the exhaust flow.) but the same top speed.

Indeed, it makes a huge difference on a two stroke. On four strokes it can potentially give some extra performance (5%-ish) but that`s only really happening with bigger engines (We`re talking real motorcycles, 300cc+).

I will perhaps try experimenting with a free-flow open filter. Nitrous is too dangerous for the engine and since this is my main means of transport being a teenager, I`d rather keep her in one piece  ;)

Tseg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
My 2015 Super 8 based on the Agility platform (but a few pounds heavier) would do 28mph restricted.  I live on very flat land and the highest speed limit in my town in 35 mph.  After clipping the CDI red/purple wire I get to 33 mph pretty easily and 35 mph if I wind it out over a longer distance.  35 mph is about the max I want to do.  My understanding is a restricted Kymco OEM CDI caps RPMs at 7500 but 'unrestricted' still caps RPMs at 9000.  The furtherest 35 mph stretch I have to ride is ~ 2 miles and don't drive it but once or twice a week.  Also, I now have Mobil 1 synthetic engine oil and Mobil 1 75W-90 gear oil on board and I know that delivers significantly greater protection then any conventional oil.   I'd be more concerned about the unrestricted CDI if I was driving down long steep hills, but on flat land I don't see me burning anything up... and no posts anywhere on the web with a Kymco owner that has had such a failure, yet plenty derestrict their CDIs.

After researching the pros/cons of switching to a smooth variator boss, I'm sticking with the OEM one with the shoulder.  Based on all I've learned how things function the only downside of staying OEM is limited top speed (and I'm going as fast as I want to go already)and the motor will work harder with higher RPMs more often... but these engines are bullet proof and I have high confidence in synthetic engine oil.

The downside of switching to a smooth variator boss is that while the top end is increased and the engine does not work as hard, the top end becomes weak and you really need increased jets to maximize impact.  Related, I've also read posts that some have degraded the smooth acceleration potential once they put in a smooth boss.. i.e., other issues surfaced for whatever reason.   Not to mention in a town with 35 mph max speed limits I create more legal risk potential.

In summary, while I know some are adamant that you MUST put in a smooth variator boss if you derestrict the CDI, I've found no proof anywhere on the web to prove the risk, particularly with a Kymco.  I do understand the conceptual risk.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 09:41:31 PM by Tseg »

mury

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2017, 10:23:33 AM »

What exactly does it mean open air box ????

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2017, 07:48:30 PM »
Take it literally. I drilled my stock airbox open. All the existing holes are now wider and I`ve drilled about 10 5mm diameter holes in the side for better airflow. Removed all rough edges and restrictions in the tube going to the carb. All airflow optimised.

Howard

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 03:37:17 PM »
Is the following true?   "Also take care in knowing that insurance policy can be breached if you de restrict the bike."

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 07:30:48 PM »
It`s true.
A modified vehicle doesn`t comply with the factory specs and isn`t technically legal. They won`t care about, for example, different headlights (if they function normally) but if you get involved in a more than stock-speed accident they can choose not to pay.

That`s the case in the Netherlands, I`d guess it would be about the same everywhere else.

For legal advice please look through your countries/states laws and your insurance companies` rules.

Howard

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 08:37:51 PM »
Sounds reasonable. Thank you.

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2017, 09:32:03 PM »
I'll put my Agility on a dyno in a few days. Aiming for 6-ish horsepower ^^

ThehardcoreFTW

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2017, 04:20:50 PM »
4,4hp it is. Bummer. The torque is there though with a whopping 17,9Nm 8).  Kind-of doubting about the accuracy, but the HP seems legit (top speed of 73km/h requires about that amount of hp) so the torque must be legit too. 

mury

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2017, 12:33:38 PM »
I was dealing with my machine these days, I changed 2 sets of rolls after I discovered that the original 6.5 grams were pretty worn in places. I first put 5.5 g but I did not like something, then I put 6.0 g and opened the filter box. There is a better take-off at low revs and a good start but I think too early on top gear and dying on the slopes.In the morning I could not pull it out of the garage, where it had a steep slope of 20 meters, died in the middle. Now I can not decide which rolls to leave, rather tend to 5.5 grams. Separately the variator may be quite worn out and may need a new one. There are a lot of dug in the grooves on the rollers, which is not normal for me.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()