Author Topic: derestriction options  (Read 3567 times)

ostrichmilkman

• View Profile
derestriction options
« on: June 13, 2011, 07:27:31 PM »
hey im sure people have asked this before but what options do i have for derestricting my agility 50 ? its restricted to 31 mph atm and its too slow.

Bradders2125

• 2010 Agility 50
    • View Profile
Re: derestriction options
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 07:45:15 PM »
Hi,
  This is only what I've picked up from reading this forum, so excuse mistakes. I'm sure I will be corrected by someone else if i'm wrong.

Probably the first and easiest thing to do, is the CDI cut, its free and seems to give 5-7mph extra. http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1639.0
You can then get a smooth variator boss, new variator, lighter rollers.
You will probably need to change the main jet size to avoid running lean.

Brads

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
good job brad . You can also do a search on the fourm and it well tell you everything you need to know.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 08:39:53 PM »
One that seems to be coming up lately is belt size, I am wondering if they use a slightly shorter belt on scoots with restricted variators. In my opinion it would be best to derestrict the variator first, more speed for the same engine revs.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

streido

• I view speed limits as guidelines rather than laws
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 09:18:43 PM »
I was trying to help someone else out theother day, check out this link, if you havent already, and you will get some usefull info and even links to the parts you need.

http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=4365.0

If your not sure about anything just ask before you try it and someone will helpout with info.

Let us know how you get on with it. Good luck.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 01:41:57 AM »
the belt size has been stumping me i tried the 729 and i lost so much jump and acceleration i'm about to go back to the stock bando though i did gain about 4 or 5 mph.. i think i may try to find a wider 729 but my variator & contra spring gave me an extra 10 downhill so i can afford to lose that extra top end
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:21:30 AM »
I havd both a 729 and a 732 coming as well as a genuine one. I expect the longer one to give me a quicker launch as well as increased top end.

hungryrussian

• Kymco Agility 50 "Sonic"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 03:17:51 AM »
let me know how that 732 works out & do you still have your bendix in(wondering if it might hit)? but i think it would slow me launch as thats what the 729  did to me but when i got it it says on the side 729/17.5/30 which i doubt is enough to slow me too much but it could be
'08 Agility 50, 72cc BBK, Naraku HS High Speed Variator, some clutch tweaking, UNI filter with homemade cold air setup, Leo Vince Handmade Titan exhaust, lots of random upgrades i'll never be able to remember.. the look on people's faces when i put a knee down through a curve makes it all worthwhile

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 03:34:06 AM »
My 732 should arrive today or tomorrow. a longer belt should run higher on the rear pulley unless the existing one is already at the highest point. I will gain a lot because my belt width is down to 15mm, the wear limit is 17.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 07:53:24 AM »
If you fit too long a belt wont it just ride up over the edge of the variator and rip to bits?

My belt hits the top of my variator now cos I magic markered a line on it to see how far it was rising and all the pn was off after a test run. Guess my belt length is ok then and a longer one would just come off at the variator?
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 10:23:52 AM »
Yeah, too long will either hit on the casing or tear on the starter bendix, depending on whether your model has the exposed bendix. With mine the bendix is in a separate compartment, so too long a belt will bind on the casing. I have seen belts advertised for my model (ZX50) in both 729 and 732mm lengths. The only way I am going to find out if they work or not is to buy them and try them.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 10:35:16 AM »
Well I think I will stick with my stock length belt since it seems to be ok and the agility does have an exposed bendix.

Had maybe 1/2 cm to 3/4 cm of marker pen left on the outer variator face bit had no pen mark left at all on the inner variator itself. Unless I fitted a larger diameter variator my belt would come off.
Chaos is my co-pilot.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:42 AM »
As long as you are polishing the outer edge of the moveable drive face, you are as good as you can go, (without a larger variator). The non moveable drive face is larger, you won't get to the outer edge of that one.

streido

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
Yup sid, thats where im at right now so at my belt length limit, no more speed to gain there then :'(
Chaos is my co-pilot.

mono

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 08:16:08 PM »
Belt width also has a pronounced effect, a wider belt shifts the whole range "upward" (less acceleration from stop and a higher top speed)

So you'd better change one dimension at a time if you want to learn anything because a longer and narrower belt might give the same performance as a shorter & wider one (or the other way around, I'm too tired now to really think about which way it works)

When I fitted a new belt I had to put a few 0.5mm washers against the drive boss to achieve the same combination of acceleration and top speed as before (i've got plenty of top speed for the place where I live, and I like some extra kick "off the line").
As the belt wears, I can remove one washer at a time to keep the result within the same range...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()