Author Topic: valve adjustment due  (Read 2347 times)

kabory

• View Profile
valve adjustment due
« on: July 26, 2009, 04:09:43 AM »
ok I am getting ready to do my first 600 mile service.  I was looking over my GV250 at the AC generator cover, (chrome, says kymco)

I know when I gauge the valves with a feeler I have to be at top dead center.  So I need to remove the AC generator cover so I can turn the flywheel. but it does not come off. It turns smooth with just the 3 bolts removed, It will pull out about a 1/4" then it has some drag to it as you turn it. So I am wondering if it was designed that way.

The manual shows the cover removed and a tool inserted to turn the flywheel.  I have a call into Kymco tech support, have to wait till Monday unless someone here knows.  I dont want to take the valve cover off untill I know I can turn the flywheel.

kawzak

• View Profile
Re: valve adjustment due
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 01:21:11 AM »
I think your Grand vista has the same engine as my People 250S. My repair manual calls for the first valve clearance check at 2000 km ( 1242 miles). Any way some one posted pictures etc,on an older  post on the People 250S .

kabory

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 01:30:06 PM »
Thanx, I found the Link  http://www.mikespeir.com/kymcovalves/.  Still having a problem removing the chrome cover.

kabory

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 03:40:28 PM »
What an idiot I am, after looking over this small problem.  I finally realized that the cover was hitting the oil dip stick, thats why it would only pull out 1/4".  With the dip stick removed, cover comes right off.  Duhhh.   Now got to go pick up some feeler gauges.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 05:53:46 PM »
What an idiot I am, after looking over this small problem.  I finally realized that the cover was hitting the oil dip stick, thats why it would only pull out 1/4".  With the dip stick removed, cover comes right off.  Duhhh.   Now got to go pick up some feeler gauges.

;D :D This reminds me how one screw from upper fairing of A125 ten days ago managed to fall down towards steering, then I had to disassemble front light in order to gain access to that screw and when I tried to reach for it, it fell further down, towards floor panel!!!!! Then I had to disassemble the floor panel to get the #@$@!$!@ screw...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

garibaldi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:54:11 AM »
Hi, I'm a new scooter owner. It has the kymco 250cc motor.

Can someone explain to me how to determine I have it at TDC? Do I look thru that little cap/screw hole at the top left of the RH crankcase cover? Or do I have to remove the whole crankcase cover and look for timing marks inside?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()