Author Topic: front tire, clutch noise, oil spew  (Read 984 times)

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
front tire, clutch noise, oil spew
« on: June 20, 2013, 11:35:29 PM »
Replaced the front tire (8400 miles) , yippee the Metzler is much better.  Will replace the rear with a Metzler next month.
Noticed a noise from the rear clutch area, sounds like the belt is slipping.  ideas ?
Oil oozing from the rear bolt that holds the air cleaner on.  It appears that there is a tube from the rear drive gear that goes back into the air clearner.  Ideas ?
Been riding once a week (motorcycles) with a group over the back roads they are surprised I can keep up ... lol.
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

de-dee

• View Profile
Re: front tire, clutch noise, oil spew
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 12:18:38 AM »
  looks like someone put to much oil in the tranny,, it foams up and comes out of the air cleaner,.  do not fill to the top of the filler hole it is a measured amount,.  any more and it foams out,.  your going to clean up everything that has oil coming out of,.  call it first inspection,.  enjoy???

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
Re: front tire, clutch noise, oil spew
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
Guess I waited a week too long to change the rear tire, went flat at 60mph .... worn down to the thread carcass.   lol

I had changed the rear wheel gear oil to synthetic about a year ago, it just started weeping lately.  I will monitor the oil loss. 
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()