Author Topic: Hot hose  (Read 894 times)

modmaster

• I will leave no bike I own stock.
    • View Profile
Hot hose
« on: June 17, 2013, 11:30:55 PM »
I had a rather shocking finding happen to me yesterday. After a break I took from riding in the countryside I thought I would take a bit of an inspection tour of the bike to see if everything was looking OK and there were no leaks and such. After all it is water cooled. While looking underneath the motor I noticed that the water hose from the lower cylinder head to the water pump was resting on the exhaust pipe right where the oxygen sensor bolts into the exhaust pipe. It had already burned through about 1/16" of an inch of the hose when I noticed it. Arrrgh! I was a bit nervous about making it home before further damage ensued so I looked around for something to wedge between the hose and the exhaust pipe. I found a piece of wood chip about 3/8" thick and I put it in between. Made it home OK and I now have some fiberglass exhaust packing clamped around the hose to insulate it from the pipe. I ordered a new hose from 2 wheel Pros for $10.00 and will replace it then. I am going to make a small wire guide to keep the new hose from ever touching the exhaust pipe again. Man! You can't trust dealers and now I find that you can't trust the people who assemble the products we buy.

modmaster

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Hot hose
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 10:47:27 PM »
I just checked mine and it's at least 1" away from the exhaust pipe
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Wil B.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 12:52:21 PM »
This is good info.  I will check mine this weekend.
Thanks for posting.

Wil B.
Broadview, IL

'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'91 Nighthawk 750
'04 Kymco Super 9
'10 Kymco Yager 200gt
Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX
"I am not a number. I'm a FREE MAN!"

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 09:46:16 PM »
That's a good catch, modmaster. I'll check mine, and wrap some insulation around that section of exhaust pipe, just in case.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()