Author Topic: saddlebags  (Read 3643 times)

krisfnbs

• View Profile
saddlebags
« on: June 17, 2013, 09:49:03 PM »
So whats the deal with saddlebags? I want to get a pair but I hav no experience with them. I googled it and watched some videos and I get the general idea on how to install them, but I am wondering if there are specific ones that work best on the venox 250 that require little to no modification, or are they all modified? Theres a ton of them on ebay I just dont want to run through hoops to make all kinds of mods when I can get a pair that will fit right on. do the brackets normally come with a pair of bags? or is that something seprate?

max oradea

• View Profile
Re: saddlebags
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 10:06:42 PM »
well depends what you are going to use them for.
Leather ones are really good looks for the bike, i got textile ones because they were very good price plus my bike is not in a garage so did not want it left on the bike out over night.
Some people got saddle bag supports so that it does not go into the wheel and damage paint and chrome work, and some have not. i got support for it off kymco but any support that has 12.5 cm between the holes are ok i guess. to be honest the kymco ones i would like to swap it off this year because it does not go well with my sisibar.
p.s most bags fit right on, take off the seat and strap the two together and then put the seat back on and you are done.

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 05:19:47 PM »
My bike is left outside, not in a garage so it will get rained on a little, I have a cover but sometimes it just wont be on. If I go leather will it destroy the leather? I would want something not too expensive, but nothing really cheap either.

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2013, 05:24:33 PM »
Something like this: http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/3/13/124/5359/ITEM/Willie-and-Max-Raptor-Slant-Saddlebag.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

I would have to take the seat off and slide them under and then mount them to the chassis correct?

max oradea

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2013, 10:29:54 PM »
yeps seat off fix them together under the seat and back goes the seat. if its going to get wet better get water prof ones buddy. and a lockable one will be nice too.

djbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 01:58:39 AM »
I bought a set from Amazon...

They are the best mod I did on the bike.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2013, 07:01:41 AM »
djbuz... are those bags waterproof?... rain proof?

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 03:14:54 PM »
those are the type of bags I want, slanted. where did you buy them and how much were they?

krisfnbs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2013, 03:16:50 PM »
wait so they have to go underneath the seat, and mounted on the side? sorry for the stupid questions.

djbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2013, 09:20:15 PM »
This is the set I got:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LMT8F0/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They mount underneath the saddle. All you need to do is unbolt the rear and fit it underneath. IMO, they are stiff enough to mount with out saddle bars but I had purchased the bars without knowing that.

Hope that helps.

:)

djbuzzard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2013, 09:23:56 PM »
djbuz... are those bags waterproof?... rain proof?

They are rainproof. My bike parks in a garage so I can't speak to being waterproof over time, exposed constantly. I would think that all it would take is some leather treatment like mink oil or similar to make it sealed good.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()