Author Topic: New Yager today  (Read 1471 times)

modmaster

• I will leave no bike I own stock.
    • View Profile
New Yager today
« on: May 29, 2013, 02:26:33 AM »
Well I brought my new Yager home to day from the dealer and already my confidence in my dealer is shot down. I went to install my battery tender on the battery and when I removed the cover under the seat to get at the battery I got a big surprise. The plastic cover that actually holds the battery securely was missing. The cover with the spare fuses molded into it. Then I see that they mounted the battery sideways in the opening and it was just bouncing around in there loose. I thought I heard some clunking noise under the seat while I was riding home today but I figured it was just the little tool kit under the seat bouncing around, not my battery. As you know, these are acid filled batteries not the agm kind (quality) so I was worried about it leaking acid all over everything but it appears that nothing leaked out as far as I can tell. I'll be giving the dealer a call in the morning to ask where my missing cover is and tell them what kind of job I think they did on the setup of my scooter. The funny thing is that they gave me a plastic bag with the four machine screws that hold the cover on, in it under the seat. But not the cover. How considerate of them!

Unhappy in Milwaukee, modmaster

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: New Yager today
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 04:47:17 AM »
I had the same thing happen to me with a new Yager. Took me forEVER to get that dealer in FL to send the missing cover and had to even get KymcoUSA to pry the dealer of his can. He finally sent the cover but the wrong screws so I had to get some metrics at Lowe's to bolt it down. Most dealers SUCK!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28:21 AM »
Wow modmaster, that's just frustrating...I hope nothing more is missing... Anyway, it's still a good deal right?

modmaster

• I will leave no bike I own stock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 02:10:31 AM »
Yeah, It was still a good deal at $3000.00 out the door. I guess it's always frustrating when you expect just the basics to be done right and they muff that up. The bike is more for my wife than me and it has enough performance to keep up on most roads, so in that respect I'm quite happy. Seems solidly built and rides nice. It rides smoother than my People 300GTi did which is a great surprise.

modmaster

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2013, 11:49:11 PM »
when I bought mine used with only 107 miles on it, was the same way. thinking the dealers forget to install as the battery is probably not shipped in the machine or charged

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()