Author Topic: Tire pressure?  (Read 2147 times)

Leesir

• View Profile
Tire pressure?
« on: May 07, 2013, 11:50:03 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the proper tire pressure should be on the Like 50?  I asked the dealer and he shrugged his shoulders and said 30? Not very convincing that he knew, anyone know for sure.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Tire pressure?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 12:18:02 AM »
Hey, you're in luck~!
Go here and click on your owner's manual pdf - it has got to have the recommended tire pressures in there!
 http://www.kymcousa.com/owners/onroad/LIKE50.pdf

There should be alot of other good stuff on view there as well.

I am a new Like 200i owner and there's plenty of info in the manual. My tires take 25 front, 29 rear - and let me tell you it makes a lot of difference if your pressures are wrong - comfort & handling wise. My dealer issued my scoot to me with 10lbs too much in each tire!

Scary isn't it that these folks can sell a fine scooter and know so little about them. Did you, too, buy your scooter from a mostly motorcycle dealer?

I found these manual downloads on the www.KymcoUSA.com  site.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Leesir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 12:56:31 AM »
I have the manual thanks but it doesn't list it as lbs so I don't know what the conversion to lbs is...any idea.  Yes, I bought the scooter at a mostly motorcycle dealer.  Today I had them work on it for a slight leak oil and when I came home I noticed they broke the screw that hold the seat in place.  I'm so annoyed brand new scoot and they have the nerve to say they didn't do it.  I want to have it derestricted once it's broken in, I don't have a motorcycle license unless I would have gotten the 200. They are picking it up on thurs to fix what they did.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 01:24:49 AM »
OK, did the conversion on a google site.
You can write this down in your manual, and keep it under your seat: yep, it is 25 psi in the front tire and 29 in the rear tire, just like my Like.

Sorry to hear about your experience with your dealer - me, I'm looking hard to locate a 'scooter specific' shop somewhere within 50 miles!
Some place where scooters are appreciated and scooter riders aren't second class  2 wheelers. I met a lady in the gorcer's parking lot last eve, she was riding a $7000 Yamaha scooter and we compared notes about our local dealer. They sell motorcycles out the front door and scooters out the side door. We are stuck with them in this town - and they treat her as poorly as me and her scoot cost almost 3 times what mine did.

We just decided to enjoy the heck out of our scooters - and keep looking for a shop to care for our rides.
Best of luck~!
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Leesir

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2013, 01:54:09 AM »
Thanks so much for the info, much appreciated!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()