Author Topic: I decided to change the color of my GTi300  (Read 2267 times)

MassScoot

• View Profile
I decided to change the color of my GTi300
« on: May 06, 2013, 08:01:29 PM »
Well...I have no problem with Silver, but my favorite color is Red (Fire Engine Red) I received a quote of $450.00 for the conversion from a local auto body shop next to my Kymco dealer. I ordered new logos (Peoples & GTI300 on the right & left sides & the front Kymco logo as well) from the dealer today. The auto body shop took pictures of the logos to know where to place them. I also ordered a few extra body panel clips in case some get snapped in the process. A buddy of mine that works on motorcycles will come over & help me take off the panels. I'll post some pictures when I'm finished. Looks to be finished @ the end of this month.

When I bought the Kymco Gti300 @ the end of August last year, I liked everything about it, but lamented in the back of my mind about the color. Even my wife was like "You won't be happy with a scooter unless it's Red" So Red it is soon enough!
Gloucester, MA. (Home of the Perfect Storm)
2012 Silver Kymco GT300i (Biondi Windshield/Shad SH40 Cargo Topcase)
2015 White Honda PCX150 (Shad SH37 Topcase)
2013 Yellow Lance PCH125 (Shad SH33 Topcase)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Re: I decided to change the color of my GTi300
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 08:19:28 PM »
Masscoot I am anxious to see how it turns out. If the guy does a good paint job, betcha it will look sharp.
Red is my favorite color on two wheel vehicles.
I had a Yamaha VMax that was cherry/candy apple red w/black scoops. It looked really good.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 08:41:31 PM »
Boo: These guys rock. My wife hit a deer about 3 years ago (major damage (9K worth) in our VW Toureg SUV & it came back as if nothing happened to it. I have complete faith that they'll do a solid job. They showed me different swatches for plastic paints & my Red was there. If you think about it....the GTi300 is black/dark grey in it's frame & outer plastics. Red...will blend in well. Plus...MY local Kymco dealer sends everyone over there for motorcycle/scooter work.   

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 03:18:41 AM »
Why not repaint the wheels also... that will be great!  how about titanium or gun metal? or custom chrome plated?  The best looking gti300 in the world...  ;)

Blackbeard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2013, 04:59:04 AM »
That's gonna look soooo Cool!  I'm a Red Phan as well!

When I had my Burgy painted Yellow a few years back, they used Dupont Paint with Flex Adhesive.  Since the panels were Plastic, they said that the panels could bend and flex if I had to remove them, and the Paint wouldn't chip or crack.  Ask them if they use the same process!

PICS PICS PICS, PLEASE, when you get it done!  Can't wait to see it!

Best of Luck!

Cheers!

BB
Blackbeard

"The Floggings will continue until Morale improves"!

MassScoot

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 11:44:01 AM »
Vivo: The standard painted black rims have grown on me, plus I want to keep the cost down.

Blackbeard: Holy smokes! I remember you now for the AVS forums from years back! I owned a People S200 in Red & I remember you posting with that People S250 shot from below. I own a red boat & car myself. I'll make sure that they use Dupont paint with the "Flex Adhesive" but I'm sure they already were going to. When you look @ the GTi300, here isn't a ton of plastic on her. I think the tricky part will be taking the panels off for the 1st time. I could have had the dealer do it, but again I don't want to spend another $200.00 on that. I'm sure she'll look great once she is finished.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 06:31:39 PM by MassScoot »

kantuckid

• retired teacher KY
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2013, 06:03:46 PM »
Flex panels are painted with a flex additive-not flex adhesive.This is not a "gotcha" effort just after the facts  & I'm an experienced AB guy. Extremely common as most everything on the road today has plastic covers front & rear-what we used to call bumpers & lots of other parts too.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()