Author Topic: Like Oil Leak  (Read 1664 times)

Leesir

• View Profile
Like Oil Leak
« on: April 25, 2013, 10:21:49 PM »
I know it's me again but this is such a great forum to get your questions answered.  My new Like 50cc has a small oil leak from the rear of the bike.  It only leaks when you ride it and you come to a stop you will see a drip underneath or onto the ground. When the bike is parked and not been driven, no leak.  I know it's under warranty but is this a big problem or easy to be fixed.  I called the dealer and he said when I bring it in at 200 miles he will look at it.  Anyone have any idea please.  Thanks out there.

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
Re: Like Oil Leak
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:10:06 PM »
It could be drool coming out of your exhaust. If anything else I'd get it fixed sooner
rather than later. If the gear box was overfilled it will leak into the belt area and could
foul your belt, clutch etc.
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

Leesir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2013, 11:30:07 PM »
Thanks for responding,  it actually looks likes it's coming from Casing where the oil is...looks like its coming from the seem where the 2 pieces of metal join...idk

MotoRandy123

• Lets Ride!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 09:51:31 AM »
Well as long as it's on the outside it will be OK. Just needs a new gasket or to be tightened.
But your dealer should fix it right away so you don't stain your driveway with oil spots. After
all is it new...
2012 Yager GT 200I - Southern NH

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()